Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Panasonic Microwave - NN-SD691S - $139.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 1st, 2016 2:18 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Oct 21, 2010
346 posts
286 upvotes
Montreal

[Costco] Panasonic Microwave - NN-SD691S - $139.99

My microwave stopped working so I decied to buy a new one from Costco because they have a great return policy.
I was surprised to see this one on special. And I did not see it advertised anywhere that it is on special.
I think deal ends sunday.
Item# 874692
[IMG]https://shmtlg.bn1302.livefilestore.com ... 8_edit.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://shmtlg.bn1302.livefilestore.com ... 124346.jpg[/IMG]
29 replies
[OP]
Oct 21, 2010
346 posts
286 upvotes
Montreal
I forgot to mention that I bought it in store, not online.
It was bought a the Costco in Montreal on Bridge Street.
Dec 8, 2001
875 posts
198 upvotes
Ancaster
Keep your receipt, We're on our 3rd one in 2.5yrs. The control knob and door latch went on the first one. The second one had a blue smoke moment. Thankfully it's Costco and neither of them made it past the 1st year warranty. The 3rd one seems to be OK for now. (fingers crossed)
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4968 posts
3127 upvotes
Busiu wrote: Keep your receipt, We're on our 3rd one in 2.5yrs. The control knob and door latch went on the first one. The second one had a blue smoke moment. Thankfully it's Costco and neither of them made it past the 1st year warranty. The 3rd one seems to be OK for now. (fingers crossed)
When I first saw the picture I thought to myself "I would have sworn I saw this one at Value Village the other day," so I guess based on your experience someone else may have had some problems as well.
Apr 11, 2006
790 posts
726 upvotes
Richmond
Our office got one of these recently. I find the knob for setting the duration to be a hassle. Call me old fashion, but I much prefer a keypad :p
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
2659 posts
539 upvotes
Just had a panasonic go after 2 years, not going to buy that brand again.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2008
1175 posts
236 upvotes
End of nowhere
At Costco, you don't actually need receipt, just show your membership card and they will look through your purchase history.

I had Danby brand from Walmart and it had last 13 years and still going strong.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2003
2040 posts
1368 upvotes
Busiu wrote: Keep your receipt, We're on our 3rd one in 2.5yrs. The control knob and door latch went on the first one. The second one had a blue smoke moment. Thankfully it's Costco and neither of them made it past the 1st year warranty. The 3rd one seems to be OK for now. (fingers crossed)
FWIW, my experience has been pretty good so far. I've had it for about 3 years now and had no issues with mine (knock on wood). Mind you, I'm probably considered a light user.

Edit: I should also add that I bought this microwave on sale at Costco for about the same price 3 years ago.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2005
1695 posts
48 upvotes
dragonc wrote: At Costco, you don't actually need receipt, just show your membership card and they will look through your purchase history.

I had Danby brand from Walmart and it had last 13 years and still going strong.
I also have a $100 Danby from Future Shop, purchased 2005 and still going strong for 10 years.
Meanwhile, my 3 year old $400 Over The Range Samsung is breaking up in multiple places: latch, door, panel.
Nov 30, 2009
305 posts
123 upvotes
Québec
Bought mine 3 years ago too, no trouble with function yet.

I hate the knob and the digital screen is unreadable with sun.

I won't buy another one for sure.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
10787 posts
3320 upvotes
Montreal, QC
kidd604 wrote: Our office got one of these recently. I find the knob for setting the duration to be a hassle. Call me old fashion, but I much prefer a keypad :p
Same here, i just used quick min..1, 2, 3mins, etc., screw the knob (pun intended)
Deal Addict
May 26, 2008
1266 posts
377 upvotes
Thornhill
I just recently bought the same one at Costco a month ago for 169.99 + Tax

Can I get the price difference if I take my receipt to my nearby Costco?
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2003
2040 posts
1368 upvotes
risktaker84 wrote: I just recently bought the same one at Costco a month ago for 169.99 + Tax

Can I get the price difference if I take my receipt to my nearby Costco?
You most certainly can. Not likely you'll even need to bring your receipt since they'll have a record of your purchase attached to your account info.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
10787 posts
3320 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Here for price adjustement (within 30 days or so), receipt is required, otherwise you'll have to return and rebuy it..
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
2239 posts
1774 upvotes
I've been using this microwave (purchased from Costco as well) for 2.5years now. Very powerful and love the knob.
Sep 28, 2010
83 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Bought this at a local shop called teletime elctronics in brampton for $110(negotiated was asking $125) including tax brand new, just couple of weeks ago but YMMV.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
6387 posts
3093 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
At home, we have an LG microwave that has been working well for the past 10 years so far.
¯\_(-.-)_/¯ A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Behold!
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
1023 posts
659 upvotes
Toronto
Daijoubu wrote: Same here, i just used quick min..1, 2, 3mins, etc., screw the knob (pun intended)
+1.

We have one of these at work and I always use the quick minute button.