Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Panasonic MILANO 3-Blade Black Rechargeable Linear Shaver for $100 -TWELVE 55 LEFT!

[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
2636 posts
1358 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Panasonic MILANO 3-Blade Black Rechargeable Linear Shaver for $100 -TWELVE 55 LEFT!

So this shaver comes on here from time to time but it sells out very quickly. They also don't restock in many months. You could check the dates for previous sales on this website when it was posted this year but it certainly has been under 5.
HBC is the only other one that carries it aside from amazon but it's more expensive.

HBC also carries this version for the same price as the one from costco but I don't know the difference It looks quite different.

In past threads, people have given accounts that it's quite durable. I do own one myself, and it states on the back of it that it's made in Japan.

I could tell you that it lasts 45 minutes, it charges very quickly in under an hour. It comes with a stand that is also a charger in addition to a plastic travel guard that stops the foil from getting damaged or the button being turned on. It can be used in the shower and in front of it are 2 tabs that pull down where you can pour water into from a tap and all the hair will instantly wash out.

Also here is a review
https://shavercheck.com/panasonic-arc3- ... -series-3/

Some thing to note:
Check if there are any discounts for The Bay, it might be cheaper there.
One user already found it for $95 although you lose out on costco's great return policy
Be sure to write 999 in the order on costco to see how many are left
And you'll never find this razor under 100. It seems like it's a better option than a Wahl or Babyliss for something that is made in Japan, doesn't break down and stands up to Braun. However whether or not it's better to buy the razors with more than 3 blades like 4 or 5 is beyond me.

EDIT sep 18/21 : costco-different-97-items-costco-stoney-creek-2490048/
Stoney Creek Costco has the series 8 braun for 140. If you're willing to shell out another 40 for the razer and what looks like (although I can't confirm) cleaning station, then it might be worth it. Generally the Arc series is known for giving a closer shave while Braun's series is more comfortable.
Last edited by dealo'day on Sep 18th, 2021 2:07 pm, edited 8 times in total.
93 replies
Nov 24, 2020
667 posts
1540 upvotes
I've been using Panasonic shavers for decades, they are the best for sensitive skin.
Jul 16, 2021
429 posts
689 upvotes
wouldnt it be cheaper on hbc with a promo code must be one
Jan 21, 2012
69 posts
80 upvotes
Victoria
From Costco's description:
Advancing the Japanese art of making swords

Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1365 posts
2082 upvotes
Hammonds
135 remain
Jan 27, 2011
587 posts
421 upvotes
Expect to use a manual razor for stubborn neck hairs. Electric shavers do an awful job on the neck (on mine anyways). I use the Panasonic Arc 5, which is superior to the one in this post, too.

Anyone knows a good place to buy a replacement foil? Mine is going dull.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
3191 posts
869 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere
I use a braun 790 series and wondering if the Panasonic Milano would shave better. The Braun is still good but I feel it doesn’t get as close.
For wars they come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.- Tupac
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
3763 posts
2738 upvotes
toronto
thanks op, been looking for a new shaver for a while. if i dont like it ill just return it.

127 left
Got that FIDO account!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
2636 posts
1358 upvotes
Toronto
hotsauce007 wrote: Expect to use a manual razor for stubborn neck hairs. Electric shavers do an awful job on the neck (on mine anyways). I use the Panasonic Arc 5, which is superior to the one in this post, too.

Anyone knows a good place to buy a replacement foil? Mine is going dull.
I have the same issue, it simply does not do a good job at the neck. Have you tried looking for foils off of panasonic's website or London Drugs?
fboybcb wrote: I use a braun 790 series and wondering if the Panasonic Milano would shave better. The Braun is still good but I feel it doesn’t get as close.
Most if not all websites (including reviewers) say the Arc does a better job at a closer shave but I have no experience with the braun
https://shavercheck.com/braun-series-7- ... nic-arc-4/
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
2039 posts
654 upvotes
Toronto
How good is this on Thick Beard if not shaving for like a week.

Can I do same job as trying on new Gillette new blade for smooth shave?

Can you return this at Costco anytime? Let say after 2 years?
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
2039 posts
654 upvotes
Toronto
Would it cheaper instore?
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
21962 posts
1745 upvotes
Shanghai, China
I don't get what's so good about this shaver.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
2636 posts
1358 upvotes
Toronto
ysl5710 wrote: How good is this on Thick Beard if not shaving for like a week.

Can I do same job as trying on new Gillette new blade for smooth shave?

Can you return this at Costco anytime? Let say after 2 years?
No, I don't think you could return anything to costco after 2 years. The gillette would do a better job at a close shave but it'll be more expensive in the long run and no. No foil razor can shave a thick beard. If you're after a smooth shave, then you'd be better off getting a safety razer that is naturally provides a better shave than any Gillette.
ysl5710 wrote: Would it cheaper instore?
No, it's not in store. This would be one of those online only items.
Sgt_Strider wrote: I don't get what's so good about this shaver.
There are only 2 good shavers on the market. Braun and Panasonic. They're pretty much the best that exists as far as foil shavers go. One is made in Germany, and another is made in Japan. They're solid shavers that are very durable that you should expect to work for well over a decade
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
7847 posts
4643 upvotes
West GTEH!
Have always used Braun Shavers. but they are getting expensive. And the replacement parts ( foil, cutter block) are also getting expensive.

Might try this Panasonic Shaver.
😎
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
3586 posts
1510 upvotes
Linear motor, made in JAPAN.
Good stuff.
But as hotsauce007 said, Arc5 is even better if you can get it on sale for $15-20 more.
Sgt_Strider wrote: I don't get what's so good about this shaver.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
2636 posts
1358 upvotes
Toronto
billandmeltoo wrote: Is this the same shaver that's in this YouTube video from 2013??
Your text to link here...
Yes, it's the same one although for some odd reason he removed the cartridge to wash it instead of using the pull tabs.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
2636 posts
1358 upvotes
Toronto
mangoman wrote: Linear motor, made in JAPAN.
Good stuff.
But as hotsauce007 said, Arc5 is even better if you can get it on sale for $15-20 more.
If you could point to me where I could get the Arc5 for 20 bucks more, I'd love to know