Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Panasonic MILANO 3-Blade Black Rechargeable Linear Shaver for $100 -TWELVE 55 LEFT!

Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
3415 posts
2376 upvotes
dealo'day wrote: If you could point to me where I could get the Arc5 for 20 bucks more, I'd love to know
me too. I need a new shaver and this one is the best price for now I guess
Got that FIDO account!
Got that ZOOMER account!
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
3260 posts
1052 upvotes
Sorry didn't mean to imply it's on sale somewhere right now. If you need a new electric shaver right now, go for OP's. If you can wait the Arc5 goes on sale every now and then. Seems to be in the Fall based on when I got mine and even last year (I guess vendors are clearing out old stock for the incoming inventory).
I think the Arc5 has shown up on Costco's Christmas days of Deals before.
Amazon.com had it on sale when I bought mine and it was $120 Cdn all in (I know, no time machine but just to give you an idea, especially since the models don't seem to have changed much in the past few years ).

dealo'day wrote:
If you could point to me where I could get the Arc5 for 20 bucks more, I'd love to know
riseagainstthemachine wrote:
me too. I need a new shaver and this one is the best price for now I guess
Jun 26, 2009
139 posts
153 upvotes
straight razor + shaving cream, how is this not the RFD way? Cheaper and can last forever with light maintenence.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
6603 posts
2959 upvotes
West GTEH!
Frankdood wrote: straight razor + shaving cream, how is this not the RFD way? Cheaper and can last forever with light maintenence.
If you have the time to do this every morning, sure it’s better and cheaper.
Electric Shavers are more convenient. And you rarely get cut compared to a razor (if you’re not careful)
😎
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4565 posts
3333 upvotes
Webhead wrote: If you have the time to do this every morning, sure it’s better and cheaper.
Electric Shavers are more convenient. And you rarely get cut compared to a razor (if you’re not careful)
In my case, I've never been cut with my Panasonic electric shaver. Maybe it's the particular model that I have, but I don't even see how it could happen. Money saved on shaving cream is a plus too, but it definitely isn't as close as shave as a razor.
Aug 28, 2007
472 posts
149 upvotes
dealo'day wrote: Yes, it's the same one although for some odd reason he removed the cartridge to wash it instead of using the pull tabs.
So this shaver has been around since 2013?
Seems like it may be old technology?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
2459 posts
1142 upvotes
Toronto
mangoman wrote: Sorry didn't mean to imply it's on sale somewhere right now. If you need a new electric shaver right now, go for OP's. If you can wait the Arc5 goes on sale every now and then. Seems to be in the Fall based on when I got mine and even last year (I guess vendors are clearing out old stock for the incoming inventory).
I think the Arc5 has shown up on Costco's Christmas days of Deals before.
Amazon.com had it on sale when I bought mine and it was $120 Cdn all in (I know, no time machine but just to give you an idea, especially since the models don't seem to have changed much in the past few years ).
If you could please show any posts from the past showing them for 120. I kept searching for old RFD posts and even the Arc4 would go for 140, nevermind 120. I can't find any site or thread showing that they went for 120 at all

Frankdood wrote: straight razor + shaving cream, how is this not the RFD way? Cheaper and can last forever with light maintenence.
I used a DE razor, and that while cheaper is a pain. An electric one can shave dry and quickly and while it may not give the closest shave like a straight/DE, it's good enough. Also if you consider the cost of the handle and the blades for DE, in addition to the time spent sharpening/stropping, then the electric razor probably has the leading edge. It's very unlikely this thing will break down
billandmeltoo wrote: So this shaver has been around since 2013?
Seems like it may be old technology?
I don't think so. I get the impression that there isn't much to update in shavers. Cheaper shavers seem to change design more often than the higher end ones. The braun series (5,7,9) for example is still the same as it has been for many years and it's literally the other leading foil razor with panasonic.
They have good batteries, they shave well, don't break, and clean easily. I don't see how it can be improved other than aesthetically.
The draw backs it does have like shaving the neck seems like an all foil razor issue
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
6603 posts
6613 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Can this be used private areas?
Telus $30/25GB X 4 lines Non shareable
$0 200 USA LD min/month X 4 lines
$0 Visual Voicemail X 4 lines
Dec 1, 2009
325 posts
295 upvotes
Ottawa
Shavers always get hot on this forum. I was wondering how many shavers we need :D
Nov 23, 2018
499 posts
653 upvotes
Underground Bunker
How does this compare to Braun 310 ?
Apr 18, 2017
290 posts
238 upvotes
Nanaimo
Damn can't use my 20 off code without a filler. Ideas anyone?
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
6593 posts
2766 upvotes
Toronto
What does "linear" mean in this case?

Is foil the best? What about other types like the one wth 3 rotors arranged in a triangle?

So Phillips foil doesn't compare to Braun/Panasonic?
Apr 7, 2008
369 posts
232 upvotes
Toronto
I have both and the Panasonic is light years ahead of the Braun on shaving closeness, longer battery life, battery display and ergonomics. The only advantage the Bruan has is that it can be used when the battery is dead while plugged in.
Last edited by gyro on Aug 23rd, 2021 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
3260 posts
1052 upvotes
Sorry - don't have time (heck maybe it was an Arc4?).

I got mine from Amazon.com (US) shipped to Canada in Nov. 2017.
Doing a Google search shows that it was $99 USD +$20-30 shipped to Canada again at the end of June this year. So, if you definitely want this model, I'd watch it on the US site. Currently $145 USD + shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-Electr ... sonic+arc5
dealo'day wrote: If you could please show any posts from the past showing them for 120. I kept searching for old RFD posts and even the Arc4 would go for 140, nevermind 120. I can't find any site or thread showing that they went for 120 at all
Last edited by mangoman on Aug 23rd, 2021 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2006
1671 posts
267 upvotes
Ghost505 wrote: How does this compare to Braun 310 ?
OP has comparison.

I went from a Braun 5 series to a Panasonic and the panasonic was way better IMHO, closer shaver, took less time. Only thing was couldn't use it when charging unlike the braun.
Nov 24, 2009
109 posts
104 upvotes
GTA
Was thinking of getting back to an electric shaver. This seems like a solid deal. Got 1. 43 left. Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
1729 posts
2074 upvotes
TORONTO
mangoman wrote: Sorry - don't have time (heck maybe it was an Arc4?).

I got mine from Amazon.com (US) shipped to Canada in Nov. 2017.
Doing a Google search shows that it was $99 USD +$20-30 shipped to Canada again at the end of June this year. So, if you definitely want this model, I'd watch it on the US site. Currently $145 USD + shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-Electr ... sonic+arc5
That's quite a lot more than 120$ CAD all in.
RACISM IS THE WORST VIRUS
Dec 20, 2006
643 posts
262 upvotes
Amazon USA regularly have the ARC5 shaver for 99$USD and the one with a cleaning/charging base for 149$USD. It's been a reoccurring deal for many years now.
The cleaning base is awesome, even if you just use it for charging. For best shaving you can use lather: it's a game changer for electric shavers.

[EDIT] The ARC3 is 119$CAD all in from amazon USA.

Arc5 and 3 have the same blades and foil, the difference is with the extra accessory blades that makes it faster and more comfortable to shave longer hairs.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
2459 posts
1142 upvotes
Toronto
noxlord wrote: Amazon USA regularly have the ARC5 shaver for 99$USD and the one with a cleaning/charging base for 149$USD. It's been a reoccurring deal for many years now.
The cleaning base is awesome, even if you just use it for charging. For best shaving you can use lather: it's a game changer for electric shavers.
I'll keep that in mind. I have this particular costco model that I got a few months ago but it's really bothering me. It requires me to pull my skin along the jaw line of the cheek and go against the grain with 4+ passes just to get to the point where I can't feel any hair when I run my fingers against the grain. I'm really wondering how much of a difference there is from the 3 blades to 4/5 and the additional 1000 CPM

Also what are your thoughts on Lectric Shave preshave? Do you use that or any pre-shave lotion that helps make the hairs stand on end?