Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Panasonic Rice cooker ($100) (reg: $150)

  • Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2019 11:10 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 21, 2015
9710 posts
64039 upvotes
Ontario

[Costco] Panasonic Rice cooker ($100) (reg: $150)

Made in Malaysia. Not Made in China.

Rarely goes on sale. The previous one was made in Japan.

002.JPG
34 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 22, 2012
4074 posts
3497 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Spotted at RHill near the door by the Jewelry
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2003
1029 posts
339 upvotes
Is this of the fancy pressure cookers that amazon was selling by the millions?
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!
Koodo $40 6GB plan + Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X2 for the parents
Some Apple stuffs
Some Android stuffs
Jr. Member
Jan 1, 2016
175 posts
168 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Hm made in Malaysia, not sure if that's exactly an upgrade
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
3586 posts
5613 upvotes
Kitchener
Why not just get an Instant pot?
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, RTX 3080 10gb, GTX 1070 8gb, 64GB RAM
Media PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1070 8gb, 32GB RAM
Homework PC: i5 8400, GTX 960 2gb, 32GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64GB
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 2, 2008
2233 posts
1320 upvotes
GTA
325i wrote: Is this of the fancy pressure cookers that amazon was selling by the millions?
No
¸

- - - - -
;)
Banned
May 12, 2019
14 posts
14 upvotes
I'm looking for a quality, simple, single-serve rice cooker, any recommendations? Money is no object.
I'm just one person and rice is caloric and easy to overeat. I'm trying to maintain a balanced nutrition.

UPD:
About to pull the trigger on this basic Zojirushi. Convince me I'm making a mistake.
Screenshot_2019-05-13 Place Your Order - Amazon ca Checkout.png
Sr. Member
Oct 22, 2005
818 posts
332 upvotes
Toronto
325i wrote: Is this of the fancy pressure cookers that amazon was selling by the millions?
no...this is a rice cooker...panasonic ones are pretty good though
Member
May 22, 2015
267 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Is this any good? Might drop by tomorrow
Member
May 22, 2015
267 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto, ON
If money is not an issue, get 3cup cuckoo rice cooker from korean stores that cost $499.
Best rice you'll have
Newbie
Feb 2, 2009
16 posts
12 upvotes
OTTAWA
Thatdealguy wrote: Made in Malaysia. Not Made in China.

Rarely goes on sale. The previous one was made in Japan.


002.JPG
Is it better quality when made in Malaysia? Lol
Sr. Member
Sep 2, 2017
814 posts
913 upvotes
Ontario
shillharder wrote: I'm looking for a quality, simple, single-serve rice cooker, any recommendations? Money is no object.
I'm just one person and rice is caloric and easy to overeat. I'm trying to maintain a balanced nutrition.

UPD:
About to pull the trigger on this basic Zojirushi. Convince me I'm making a mistake.

Screenshot_2019-05-13 Place Your Order - Amazon ca Checkout.png
https://www.amazon.ca/Cuckoo-Electric-H ... hen&sr=1-3
Jr. Member
Aug 7, 2015
175 posts
72 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I think I'll give this a try. Looking for a new rice cooker.
Banned
May 12, 2019
14 posts
14 upvotes
I pulled the trigger on that little Zojirushi after all. $60 cad shipped.
It's coated with teflon, which i would prefer stainless steel, no coating. Still, should be safe, no? and I'm using a plastic or wooden spoon on it.
I was tired of cooking rice in a pot, having to constantly stir, adjust the temperature.
Screenshot_2019-05-13 Order Details.png
Member
Mar 6, 2019
206 posts
147 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: Made in Malaysia. Not Made in China.

Rarely goes on sale. The previous one was made in Japan.


002.JPG
apples and oranges comparison imho. the previous one was made in Japan. there is a reason these sell/sold for more. i've looked at these side by side, inside and out and they are NOT the same. the construction, materials, lining of container and so forth not the same. ditto for the water boilers. the cheap ones don't hold up and perform as well
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 10, 2006
835 posts
261 upvotes
Japan
shillharder wrote: I pulled the trigger on that little Zojirushi after all. $60 cad shipped.
It's coated with teflon, which i would prefer stainless steel, no coating. Still, should be safe, no? and I'm using a plastic or wooden spoon on it.
I was tired of cooking rice in a pot, having to constantly stir, adjust the temperature.

Screenshot_2019-05-13 Order Details.png
That is unfortunately no better than the American ones you see at Canadian Tire because it doesn’t have the usual Japanese computer chip that detects and cooks the rice smartly. Look for Zojirushi models with micom built in. These have automatic programs to ensure your rice is cooked perfectly with no burnt bits.
Sr. Member
Oct 17, 2006
635 posts
381 upvotes
Toronto
I have a similar Panasonic rice cooker (might even be the same) that i purchased for $99 and the rice comes out dry, not fluffy like my japanese one, so i stopped using it after a couple of times and went back to my old one... be warned!

Top