[Costco] Pelican Argo 100XP Angler Kayak with Paddle $689.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 21st, 2021 7:10 pm
[OP]
Dec 24, 2016
90 posts
63 upvotes

[Costco] Pelican Argo 100XP Angler Kayak with Paddle $689.99

I've been looking for a fishing kayak and noticed that this one became available. Any opinions on this?

Only 10 in stock.
Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 21st, 2021 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
10 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2011
1890 posts
542 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
just another 10ft kayak.
why not wait to pick up in store for $400, while getting milk, you know whoever have to deliver that, the cost has to be on you, right?
Last edited by napoleonbot on Apr 21st, 2021 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<No political content in signatures>
[OP]
Dec 24, 2016
90 posts
63 upvotes
napoleonbot wrote: by the end just another 10ft kayak, right? why not wait to pick up in store for 400 while getting milk, you know whoever have to deliver that, the cost has to be on you, right?
I'm not sure what you mean lol
Nov 15, 2015
75 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Not a great deal but a good enough deal for anyone that wants a small fishing kayak. Last year was impossible trying to find anything in stock just like bikes.

This comes with an actually decent paddle which is worth $55+tax on its own

Edit: fwiw I bought the sit on top version of this over the winter for $600 all in delivered from Amazon but it didn't come with a paddle
Last edited by tylenol613 on Apr 21st, 2021 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3938 posts
1449 upvotes
Montreal
jsoccerboy wrote: I'm not sure what you mean lol
Translation: It may be cheaper in store.
[OP]
Dec 24, 2016
90 posts
63 upvotes
tylenol613 wrote: Not a great deal but a good enough deal for anyone that wants a small fishing kayak. Last year was impossible trying to find anything in stock just like bikes.

This comes with an actually decent paddle which is worth $55+tax on its own

Edit: fwiw I bought the sit on top version of this over the winter for $600 all in delivered from Amazon but it didn't come with a paddle
Thank you, if you don't mind me asking - what accessories would I need to be able to mount this on a small car. Would it just be a roof rack and a carrier like this?
[OP]
Dec 24, 2016
90 posts
63 upvotes
GT!! wrote: Translation: It may be cheaper in store.
Wow, I had no idea! I thought the price in store would be the same as the price online. That's really good to know.
Dec 1, 2005
775 posts
139 upvotes
Calgary
Not a great deal... sportchek has the Argo 120XP for $649, and was eligible for 25% off a few weeks ago ($486). Only 1 rod holder on the 120, but would be easy enough to add a second
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2002
1022 posts
306 upvotes
jsoccerboy wrote: Wow, I had no idea! I thought the price in store would be the same as the price online. That's really good to know.
I wouldn't hold your breath trying to find this in store. I've never seen it and it is really hit an miss with these types of product. If you really want one, best to just bite the bullet and buy online.
Dec 28, 2011
422 posts
203 upvotes
OAKVILLE
jsoccerboy wrote: Thank you, if you don't mind me asking - what accessories would I need to be able to mount this on a small car. Would it just be a roof rack and a carrier like this?
The ones I bought from Costco came with the Car Carrier kit including all the straps and attachment. https://www.costco.ca/pelican-mission-1 ... 37165.html That's why these are such a good deal and very hard to find in stock.

Do you already have a roof rack? If so, sure you can go buy the j-hook type carrier. Otherwise, you don't need to have a roof rack to be able to transport a Kayak around. The included car carrier kit is very good.