Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Philip One Blade $39.99 (10 dollars off)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 2nd, 2020 2:17 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10470 posts
1794 upvotes

[Costco] Philip One Blade $39.99 (10 dollars off)

I've been waiting for this to go on sale for a while. It finally did. I bought it yesterday and was very impressed with its performance with body trimming.

Highly recommend it.

In store: 39.99
online: 44.99
Last edited by kingofwale on Sep 1st, 2020 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
41 replies
Aug 28, 2017
92 posts
268 upvotes
Few notes. I've owned the NimH version and this one with Li-Ion... the Li-Ion lasts way longer.

Replacement blades are 44.99 at Amazon for 3 right now which means this kit is the same price. It's kinda annoying buying replacement blades.
Oct 30, 2015
85 posts
105 upvotes
Vancouver
Tip: if you’re like me, you only shave in one direction (in my case I never use the “back” of the blade)...
So after a while you can flip it by carefully pulling the grips to the side... essentially doubling the blade’s lifespan
I have to make a YT video about it as I didn’t find one.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
22312 posts
8609 upvotes
Socially Distanced
MarcoDeals wrote: So after a while you can flip it by carefully pulling the grips to the side...
Wha?
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
8319 posts
2004 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Yeah but Costco doesn't carry in store in Montreal.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10470 posts
1794 upvotes
MarcoDeals wrote: Tip: if you’re like me, you only shave in one direction (in my case I never use the “back” of the blade)...
So after a while you can flip it by carefully pulling the grips to the side... essentially doubling the blade’s lifespan
I have to make a YT video about it as I didn’t find one.
That would actually be helpful. I don't really like to PUSH up when I shave. but i will have to if there's no other way.

i'm just that.... chea..RFD-ish.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
2958 posts
2554 upvotes
Markham
L4cky wrote: Yeah but Costco doesn't carry in store in Montreal.
Can’t speak for elsewhere in Canada, but saw plenty here in Richmond Hill. $39.99 as stated in the OP.

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10470 posts
1794 upvotes
Chandlerparsons wrote: What about trimming sensitive parts? Do you guys use this?
Yep. Better than the current Philip body trimmer I have.

I do like the fact it comes with 3 replacement razed, given I’m going to use this exclusively for body grooming. It will likely last me the entirety of lifespan of this device
Aug 31, 2018
223 posts
430 upvotes
bought mine last time at costco bridge
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
930 upvotes
NOYFB
My biggest pet peeve with it is that it doesn't seem to collect the hair it just shaves off...? Not very practical when I just want to shave my beard.

But for body grooming it is perfect!
plz don't touch my signature.

don't make me less of a human just cause i don't share your "idiotologies".

👮‍♂️👮‍♀️lives matter
Jul 3, 2008
804 posts
304 upvotes
boisbriand
Solid price. Its like you get 1 razor free with the purchase of three blades !
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
5993 posts
374 upvotes
Quebec
the blades cost too much, but this is what I use to shave my face. come on china make a one-sided blade knockoff for 4$
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
2655 posts
834 upvotes
Lévis
Beware of blades cost. They typically last 2-6 mouths and they cost ~15$ each...
Pourquoi pas?
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
3972 posts
1088 upvotes
GTA
I shave ~3 times per week and find that I need to change the blades every 3-4 months which is fine by me. When I used to use Gilette blades I'd be spending about the same or a little more but now my skin doesn't get irritated at all and it's much faster to use.
Oct 16, 2006
233 posts
236 upvotes
Waterloo
I have this as well. I wish the shave was abit closer but there is literally no irritation which makes up for it. I've tried so many shavers over the years and they all bugger up my skin. I've had it since January this year and shave twice a week and the blades haven't been changed yet.
Feb 12, 2009
12 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
They are designed/marketed for exactly that, the packaging shows a yellow circle around the groin for intended areas.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21405 posts
25752 upvotes
These device are okay, they at about a 00000 (5x0) but they're not super impressive because they trim less consistently than a normal trimmer and their replacement cartridges are $15 each. Also, the cartridge heads break pretty easily, it's a design flaw of the unit, and it no doubt encourages purchase of replacement heads.

6 / 10

It sucks right now because hair salons in the wider GTA refuse to touch your beard.
Oct 30, 2005
596 posts
824 upvotes
Montreal
Many at Poite Claire today