Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Philips Battery-Operated Colour Changing Micro Lights (50CT, set of 8) - $14.97 +FS

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2022 4:15 pm
[OP]
Feb 6, 2019
500 posts
1271 upvotes
Niagara Region

[Costco] Philips Battery-Operated Colour Changing Micro Lights (50CT, set of 8) - $14.97 +FS

Not completely sure of the original price, but other retailers have them for $30-50.

Plenty of stock and the usual Costco free shipping.
10 replies
Nov 15, 2010
173 posts
201 upvotes
toronto
Thank you! In for 2 for my planters.

Edit: just realized that there are 8 sets in this kit. In for 1 :)
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2003
1393 posts
394 upvotes
Ottawa
If one wants less than 8 , these are 8.97 / 4 pack in store. Seems like a seasonal price as I got mine last year.
To be or not to be...where is the question?
Jun 4, 2019
27 posts
56 upvotes
I had these last year and found they really sucked, so much so that I just threw them out after the winter. Might be a good use case for them but I didn't find one.
Dec 16, 2009
638 posts
762 upvotes
JacksonW35280 wrote: I had these last year and found they really sucked, so much so that I just threw them out after the winter. Might be a good use case for them but I didn't find one.
We got 8 sets of these last year, and they are really not bright at all. So this year, we basically are using 2 strings to light one small wreath (using double the lights you think you'd need for each job). Luckily we're on rechargeable batteries, because, while these last fairly long, it takes 16 batteries to keep 8 of these things going.

They are not garbage, but they're also not amazing, at least for us. If you've got lots of batteries, and don't mind turning on TONS of strings of lights every day.. knock yourself out :)
Dec 25, 2012
51 posts
60 upvotes
Brampton
Had mine since 2020, and they're still working great. It's bright enough for my case. I have them indoor behind the windows.

The darker windows are due to the mesh window screen. Once removed, the brightness all matched.
Images
  • 20201215_174333.jpg
Jun 4, 2019
27 posts
56 upvotes
elkabong wrote: We got 8 sets of these last year, and they are really not bright at all. So this year, we basically are using 2 strings to light one small wreath (using double the lights you think you'd need for each job). Luckily we're on rechargeable batteries, because, while these last fairly long, it takes 16 batteries to keep 8 of these things going.

They are not garbage, but they're also not amazing, at least for us. If you've got lots of batteries, and don't mind turning on TONS of strings of lights every day.. knock yourself out :)
Yes that is a fair assessment, I was most disappointed in how not bright they were. The battery life I could live with, they have a 8/16 timer mode too I think. I was excited about them and then so disappointed in the reality I think that coloured my impression.
May 30, 2022
63 posts
39 upvotes
elkabong wrote: We got 8 sets of these last year, and they are really not bright at all. So this year, we basically are using 2 strings to light one small wreath (using double the lights you think you'd need for each job). Luckily we're on rechargeable batteries, because, while these last fairly long, it takes 16 batteries to keep 8 of these things going.

There is a timer on this. 6 hrs ON, 18 hrs OFF
Dec 16, 2009
638 posts
762 upvotes
fattymccraigs wrote: I also found them quite dim using 1.2v rechargeable NiMH batteries. I swapped them for 1.5v rechargeable Lithium batteries and they are noticeably brighter.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B0891WB755/
I'm not going to argue about this, as I'm sure you are right, but I would point out that you just recommended me to buy 4 AA batteries for $33. The light strings only cost $5 each.