• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2020 6:21 pm
[OP]
Apr 4, 2017
919 posts
220 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Philips coffee machine on sale $549.99

Not bad deal for fully automatic espresso machine and it’s from Costco too. You can return anytime.

Not sure if this is instore deal or not?

Christmas time it was $599 and now it’s $549.

Lowest I’ve seen so far.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jan 29th, 2020 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title and fixed retailer field
653 replies
Dec 12, 2012
17 posts
19 upvotes
I bought a Breville XL over Boxing Day which simply couldn’t make enough pressure to make a proper shot, nevermind all the work it required to make the shot in the first place.

And so I've been waiting for a good deal from Costco. OP you delivered thanks!
Jul 19, 2005
84 posts
15 upvotes
I bought this machine when it was $750 and I still think it was worth it. At $550, it is a steal for any coffee lover that don't want to be a barista. Not a lot of other machines at this price can do a Latte, Capucino, Espresso or drip coffee by pressing a button.
Jul 5, 2013
274 posts
137 upvotes
NORTH YORK
I have this and it's amazing. Ticks all the boxes and self cleaning after each use. Bought it a few months ago from costo when it was on for $599. How long can you price match at costco?!? Sure would like an extra $50 off.. and is the extra $20 off online still going?! I'd reorder if so.
Bit about this model since it was hard to find much on it. Does espresso, coffee, cappuccino, latte macchiato and you can set custom sizes for each. Also has a hot water or milk froth only option (frother the milk for hot chocolate sometimes :). Also able to set 5 caffeine strengths from decaf to max. I have it set at 4 and it's great. Even the coffee comes out with a nice little creaminess to it. Nice thing is at the end of the cap/latte cycle, it prompts you to run a splash of boiling water through it cleaning out the milk path then the container and stay in the fridge for the week (clean it about 1 a week or if not used for a few days). When you power up and down it also sends a bit of hot water through the main spouts cleaning it as well. It's got a large drip tray underneath that I have to empty once a week. I was looking at the nespresso machines but wanted a fully automated machine that cleans etc does the milk drinks and full large coffee aswell but nothing really fit the bill. This does! Also love that I can still but my own beans to switch it up and have fresh ground coffee with out any hassle. Bit of maintenance, empty drip tray once a week and coffee grounds once a week (catch basin internally) and the main brew mechanism needs to be rinsed once a month. Pretty easy process, some great videos online for maintenance. Few minutes each task. Also this is a regarded seaco with most of the same components and the equivalent seaco model is around $1200 bucks. Love it Ok Hand Sign
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
6621 posts
1466 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Can anyone confirm that this is NOT sold in warehouses please?
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2003
1018 posts
167 upvotes
Markham
newt_101 wrote: Can anyone confirm that this is NOT sold in warehouses please?
Yes please I'd like to know too
Sandviper
Dec 12, 2012
324 posts
547 upvotes
Love my coffee and spend way too much $ at local shops. Will give this a try with Costco return policy.

Next - find good coffee beans (deal)

Thanks OP.
Nov 29, 2019
20 posts
7 upvotes
For those who owns this machine, what kind of coffee beans do you purchase (preferably from Costco)? I heard from somewhere that I shouldn't put oily beans like Starbucks ones in the Philips espresso machine..
[OP]
Apr 4, 2017
919 posts
220 upvotes
Toronto
No oily beans as it can clog the machine.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5045 posts
1912 upvotes
Great price OP!

Very important to use flat non glossy beans (Zavida at Costco is great for fully automatics)
https://www.costco.ca/zavida%c2%ae---10 ... 31478.html
Descale when you told to descale
Clean it every time after use
If you do that it will last you long time
If you don't you will be frustrated and mad. Just see the notorious negative reviews on any semi automatics.
This model is on the market for 10+ years they just refresh the looks and sell it under different brands
Gaggia, Saeco, DeLonghi they are all under the Philips brand now and sharing parts.
Most problems caused by users not caring for the machine.
Last edited by lifeisfuneh on Feb 3rd, 2020 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
1608 posts
996 upvotes
Ottawa
For those who have it, how's the temperature of the coffee?
I tried 2-3 machines but the coffee weren't that hot
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
2549 posts
1037 upvotes
Sudbury
Alkoholik wrote: Love my coffee and spend way too much $ at local shops. Will give this a try with Costco return policy.

Next - find good coffee beans (deal)

Thanks OP.
I always buy from Buy Coffee Canada...great prices and super fast delivery.
Sep 20, 2015
126 posts
32 upvotes
Brantford, ON
Would this be okay to use in a convenience store. I don't have a huge demand for coffee but for the occasional costumer that would grab a cup on the go. I would appreciate anyone's input. Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5045 posts
1912 upvotes
dmagic wrote: Would this be okay to use in a convenience store. I don't have a huge demand for coffee but for the occasional costumer that would grab a cup on the go. I would appreciate anyone's input. Thanks.
No, not for commercial use. Not high volume machine.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
3696 posts
677 upvotes
Hamilton
dmagic wrote: Would this be okay to use in a convenience store. I don't have a huge demand for coffee but for the occasional costumer that would grab a cup on the go. I would appreciate anyone's input. Thanks.
Not for commercial use.
But you can prob get away with 10 pulls a, day out of it on avg.by the time it busts it'll prob pay for itself.