Philips HF3510/60 Wake-up Light

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 14th, 2020 3:26 pm
[OP]
Dec 13, 2005
60 posts
50 upvotes

[Costco] Philips HF3510/60 Wake-up Light

Seems to have good reviews, lowest as per CCC on Amazon US is $60 USD - currently $85 USD on Amazon.com and Walmart.com

.97 price so should be clearance pricing

88 in stock as of this post
11 replies
Sep 4, 2015
421 posts
367 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Good price but the reviews say you have to set the alarm every night...
Sep 2, 2014
335 posts
540 upvotes
Vancouver
Been watching for something like this. Thanks!
Jul 20, 2011
320 posts
311 upvotes
GTA
Good price! bought HF3651 $180, satisfied on functions but not the price.
Mar 13, 2006
416 posts
234 upvotes
Toronto, ON
OOS already.. That was fast. Lol.
<3
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1085 posts
1924 upvotes
Ontario
For any Hue users, you can achieve pretty much the same result from a hue bulb (either the ones that do the color tones of white, or a color) and the Sleep as Android app. That way you can still use your favourite alarm otherwise, even if you don't use the alarm function of the Sleep as Android app. Did this for many years :)
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
3659 posts
5544 upvotes
mindabsence wrote: For any Hue users, you can achieve pretty much the same result from a hue bulb (either the ones that do the color tones of white, or a color) and the Sleep as Android app. That way you can still use your favourite alarm otherwise, even if you don't use the alarm function of the Sleep as Android app. Did this for many years :)
That's what I do. I just use my hue bulbs and set those as my wake up light. Nicer as the entire room is illuminated from the ceiling vs a table lamp. Plus they're cheaper, and also your normal light bulbs. New ones also don't need to use the hub anymore, and can be just bluetooth if you like.
Feb 25, 2007
171 posts
23 upvotes
Tecumseh
I bought this light last year at regular price. You would turn the alarm on and off each night. Radio functions perfectly and the settings are pretty basic. This was one model down from the higher end I was looking at. Great buy, especially useful in winter months.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1019 posts
752 upvotes
Two better alternatives than this:

1) I would highly recommend this model on Amazon over the Philips as it's a smart version that's way easier to program and also has more functionality.

I paid $60 for mine in October and have had zero regrets or issues.

Note: Most of the poor reviews seem to be from non tech-savvy folks. I would not recommend this for older folks or anyone who isn't generally familiar with how smart devices work (i.e. Smart Life app) because there's a ton of options on this.

2) Like Philips Hue (but much cheaper), grab a TP-Link Kasa smart dimmer and install dimmable LED light bulbs in your bedroom ceiling light. TP-Link's app allows you to set gradual sunrise/sunset.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)