• Jul 12th, 2020 5:41 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 1, 2015
71 posts
52 upvotes

[Costco] Philips Multigroom 7000 $49.99

Been researching for a new all-in-one trimmer (hair, beard, body) and this one often comes on top.

Been researching for a while, and I grabbed the exact same one at Walmart a few days back for $80 which was the cheapest price I could find.

This was found at my local Costco in Guelph, Ontario.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by TomRFD on Jul 7th, 2020 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
38 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1705 posts
1065 upvotes
TruckedIguana wrote: Been researching for a while, and I grabbed the exact same one at Walmart a few days back for $80 which was the cheapest price I could find.
based off the thread last year, there are a few differences between the walmart and costco one.(If i remember right, the costco one can be used while plugged in, has more metal in the body casing, and has a travel lock)
So if they're both the same price, the costco one is the better buy.
Jan 12, 2018
50 posts
75 upvotes
This is a great body grooming kit. I have one. But, it is at regular price for Costco. This is a not a deal.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
1168 posts
167 upvotes
got from costco when they had $10 off few months back. i have wired hair clipper from walmart but this one is more convenient to use. have already cut my hair 3 times, battery last a long time.
Dec 17, 2013
453 posts
799 upvotes
British Columbia
For body, i'm assuming the bodygroom 7000 is the better unit right? Could you shave your friends downstairs with this one?
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1705 posts
1065 upvotes
toshis wrote: For body, i'm assuming the bodygroom 7000 is the better unit right? Could you shave your friends downstairs with this one?
Yup, the foil trimmer on a body groomer(any of them) will be better than the exposed blades on this, since theres a higher risk of nicking or cutting yourself. That said, if you're careful, the 7000 can be used for downstairs work.
For shaving your chest or anything else thats taught, this is better.
[OP]
Sep 1, 2015
71 posts
52 upvotes
toshis wrote: For body, i'm assuming the bodygroom 7000 is the better unit right? Could you shave your friends downstairs with this one?
Bodygroom isn't specifically better, since it's only designed for the body. Different tools.
You can also shave below with this one, although you have to be more careful.
Jan 8, 2020
467 posts
213 upvotes
Vancouver
What is the difference with those multigroom models and hair trimmers when using for hair cutting? This one seems like not enough versatile for hair cutting but am I missing something?
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1105 posts
756 upvotes
Awesome full body/beard trimmer. Steal at this price
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
2119 posts
255 upvotes
TruckedIguana wrote: Bodygroom isn't specifically better, since it's only designed for the body. Different tools.
You can also shave below with this one, although you have to be more careful.
Dose this shave clean compare to razor? Summer bottom part is very hot....Smirking Face
Chinese Food+MSG=Good Food :rolleyes:
Jan 7, 2010
243 posts
215 upvotes
Burlington
I purchased this from Costco.

Philips Grooming Kit with Lithium-ion Battery
Item 1182304 Model MG7790/18
Your Price 54.99$
Shipping & Handling Included

Purchased this for manscapping and works perfectly. Holds a charge a very long time.

Started using it during COVID for haircuts for myself and 2 kids and 2 grandfathers and works great. There are many attachments but it is not a professional unit in that it gives you attachments 1-4 but no half sizes. Does the job great but if it had half size attachments it would be perfect. For COVID cuts no complaints. My wife who had never cut hair before does a very good job with this unit. Paid for itself easily already.

I would recomend to anyone
May 12, 2009
375 posts
767 upvotes
akkasoglu wrote: What is the difference with those multigroom models and hair trimmers when using for hair cutting? This one seems like not enough versatile for hair cutting but am I missing something?
I've been searching for an answer myself. It looks like the multigroom 7000 has several separate attachments and trimming guides (23 pieces in total, only 6 of them for hair trimming), and better battery. In comparison, the similar high end hair clipper 7000 has no attachments and only three trimming guides, but has 28 length settings 0.5-28mm, also comes with a scissor. Otherwise similar features like self sharpening stainless steel blades and washable. The multigroom 7000 seems to be cheaper and available, while the hair clipper 7000 is more expensive and sold out. The Philips hair clipper available at Costco is series 3000 and only has 13 length settings 0.5 to 23mm, and NiMH battery vs Li-Ion for the 7000 series.
Dec 24, 2019
21 posts
42 upvotes
Newmarket, Ontario
works pretty well for amateur covid era haircut. Only challenge with these groomers are batteries after a year or two
Dec 7, 2016
56 posts
17 upvotes
is this better than the braun multigroomer series 7 at costco? i just bought that one the other day
Feb 29, 2016
654 posts
664 upvotes
Ottawa
Camtheman4 wrote: I purchased this from Costco.

Philips Grooming Kit with Lithium-ion Battery
Item 1182304 Model MG7790/18
Your Price 54.99$
Shipping & Handling Included

Purchased this for manscapping and works perfectly. Holds a charge a very long time.

Started using it during COVID for haircuts for myself and 2 kids and 2 grandfathers and works great. There are many attachments but it is not a professional unit in that it gives you attachments 1-4 but no half sizes. Does the job great but if it had half size attachments it would be perfect. For COVID cuts no complaints. My wife who had never cut hair before does a very good job with this unit. Paid for itself easily already.

I would recomend to anyone
So....you cut your family's hair with the same unit you use to landscape your privates?
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3208 posts
1174 upvotes
Lévis
Have it. I have stong hairs and a short beard. I use it to shorten my body hairs and beard and shave my cheeks and throat. It's decent for body and average at best for shaving.
I also have the oneblade. It's the opposite: average at best for body and decent for shaving.
Would rate them 12-13/20.
I have yet to find the do-it-all shaver-trimer that fill the bill.
Pourquoi pas?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5274 posts
6093 upvotes
Alberta
I find the need for specific devices for each use. I use Wahl clippers and recently that conair cordless clipper everyone here purchased for haircuts, Phillips one blade when I let my beard grow out and need to shave clean before returning back to shift work, Braun series 9 to maintain clean shave, and Phillips bodygroom 7000 for body grooming.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
929 upvotes
NOYFB
I was hesitant to use groomer for haircut since Philips recommends against it

But I guess it'd be good based on the posts here.
plz don't touch my signature.

don't make me less of a human just cause i don't share your "idiotologies".

👮‍♂️👮‍♀️lives matter
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10776 posts
2432 upvotes
If you want to use this exclusively as body groomer.... I recommend one blade instead.

Don’t let this thing anywhere near your private area..
Mar 14, 2017
236 posts
190 upvotes
Victoria, BC
I have the hair clipper 7000, multigroom 7000 and a lower model of the bodygroom.

The hair clipper has better length adjustment and better hair cutting attachments. It's quicker and easier to do haircuts with. I buzz my whole head with it every couple weeks.

Multigroom is excellent for beard and body, and for any hard to reach head hairs like around the ears. It's smaller, so easier to manoeuvre than the hair clipper. It does not shave clean but it's close enough for me, and I use it on my neck.

Bodygroom is the only tool I will use downstairs. Smaller "teeth" in the blades make for way safer grooming than either of the other tools. Way fewer nicks and pulls.
ValiantSpacemanSpiff
Interplanetary Explorer Extraordinaire