Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Philips Turbostar Airfryer with 2-layer rack - $149.97

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2019 9:24 pm
Sep 14, 2017
93 posts
214 upvotes

[Costco] Philips Turbostar Airfryer with 2-layer rack - $149.97

Stumbled upon the Costco deal for Philips Airfryer - think $149.97 is the lowest price I've seen for a Philips-made air fryer so far.

A quick search found me an old deal at The Bay back in 2017 for $169.99.
99 replies
Jan 16, 2013
289 posts
420 upvotes
Calgary
Buy now, think later. thanks OP

Anyone have experience with this one? Costco’s reviews weren’t the greatest
Jan 19, 2006
937 posts
92 upvotes
I’ve had this for over a year and it’s the best thing ever as long as you aren’t cooking for more than 2 people. Otherwise you need to make two batches.
Homemade fries are great.
Chicken wings are the best, restaurant quality. Totally taste like they’ve been deep fried.
Simple shake and bake chicken is crispy on the outside and very juicy in the inside.
Marinated thick pork chops are crazy good.

I haven’t tried any other model to compare.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2013
1119 posts
1184 upvotes
AB
think i'll finally try one of these things out, can't go wrong with costco. Thanks OP
Oct 30, 2008
117 posts
35 upvotes
Niagara Region
I don't have this model but I looked at a few air fryers, and decided on the Ninja Air Fryer from Costco for $109. It's selling at Crappy Tire for $189 and on Amazon for $170.

The Ninja has a digital interface for temperature and time while the Philips has a dial. They're about the same size, the Ninja's a little lighter.

In addition to what the prev poster said, air fryers cook an amazing steak.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7392 posts
2943 upvotes
Calgary
Looks very small, probably good for one person or two people who eat small meals. I have the 5.3 qt. Power XL that's just big enough for the three of us, the PowerXL is 1700 watts vs. this one 1425 watts. Bought mine from BBB two years ago and it's still going strong. https://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/store/p ... d=airfryer
Sep 9, 2018
509 posts
292 upvotes
Toronto
Good deal, I bought the digital version for $219 when this was $199. Would have bought it for $149. Definitely suitable for 1-2 people only.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3158 posts
6406 upvotes
If you need a bigger air fryer and have an ameri-friend it may be worth knowing that philips sell larger capacity (1.2kg) fryers in the states.

However at this price, and considering the weak Canadian dollar you might as well get two of these
Dec 1, 2011
176 posts
74 upvotes
DARTMOUTH
I'm having trouble understanding how much you can fit in this thing, especially after reading reviews. How many chicken beasts could you fit on one layer for example?
Apr 19, 2015
127 posts
131 upvotes
Montreal
What's the highest temperature it can blow air with?
Jan 19, 2006
937 posts
92 upvotes
Two regular sizes supple breasts.
Per layer.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
2072 posts
440 upvotes
GTA
How long does Costco price match for? Got this a few months ago. Tia.

It is a bit small for a family but we mainly use to reheat and snacks. It's a lot of parts to wash too but the overall benefits over frying is worth it imo.
Banned
Apr 5, 2015
1281 posts
446 upvotes
Toronto, ON
How much can it fit? Like would it be possible to measure a family main dish from it?
Banned
Apr 5, 2015
1281 posts
446 upvotes
Toronto, ON
lg777 wrote: How long does Costco price match for? Got this a few months ago. Tia.

It is a bit small for a family but we mainly use to reheat and snacks. It's a lot of parts to wash too but the overall benefits over frying is worth it imo.
19th, 2019 7:26 am

How much can it fit? Like would it be possible to measure a family main dish from it?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2004
5077 posts
2788 upvotes
Edmonton
We have had a philips air fryer for years. For a family of 4 (2 kids) it's OK for size, but you have to layer with the rack to get enough space depending on what you're cooking. But we've always found it to be a great cooking device.

We switched to a tfal xl we got at boxing day special, but while it's bigger, the Philips still cooks more evenly.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2011
1299 posts
1661 upvotes
Was different brand air fryer selling ~$70 at Walmart/Amazon before? How is this Philips one compare with? Almost double price.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
4583 posts
1251 upvotes
Toronto, ON
BlackXstar wrote: Was different brand air fryer selling ~$70 at Walmart/Amazon before? How is this Philips one compare with? Almost double price.
I believe the brand-make was T-fal Easy Fry XL that @U4IA is talking about. It was $70, yes.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2009
1058 posts
281 upvotes
Hamilton
BlackXstar wrote: Was different brand air fryer selling ~$70 at Walmart/Amazon before? How is this Philips one compare with? Almost double price.
How long go? That's a no brainer purchase.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
2072 posts
440 upvotes
GTA
futabasan wrote: 19th, 2019 7:26 am

I was able to reheat 6 pieces of Popeyes chicken with the rack for reference. It was very tight. Since it was reheating I can get by but for cooking and I don’t think I would do that. Reheating fried chicken with this is great! Get back a lot of that crispness.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)