Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Phillips Hair Clipper HC3520 49.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2020 8:42 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 9, 2006
2343 posts
775 upvotes
YVR

[Costco] Phillips Hair Clipper HC3520 49.99

New item available on Costco.ca. Regular price, but available and shipping is included. Non-members can purchase this online.

Phillips usually has pretty good quality. I have some of their other clippers and their blades hold up pretty well over the years.
This one is wired, so both upside and downside. My wireless ones are fine for quick jobs, but once you get to a full haircut it gets a little tight.

Of note, this one seems to have half-length adjustment from 0.5mm to 23mm, should make for better fades.

UPDATE: Down to $44.99 now
Last edited by TeriyakiJack on Jun 10th, 2020 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zoomer
14 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2018
1323 posts
819 upvotes
Toronto
cgtlky wrote: Repost
+ It is wireless - they got it wrong on their site.
Member
Apr 13, 2017
450 posts
233 upvotes
They have the other wireless model from philips for $50 in store in vancouver. It comes with a lot of attachments. I'm not sure which clipper is better though
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 14, 2007
2189 posts
473 upvotes
Red Deer
KamS046 wrote: They have the other wireless model from philips for $50 in store in vancouver. It comes with a lot of attachments. I'm not sure which clipper is better though
A lot of people confuse the Philips multi-groom (model number starts with "MG") which is in the warehouse at $49.99 (goes on sale from time to time for $39.99), and the Philips hair clippers in this and other threads (the model number starts with "HC").

The multi-groom is beard-centric with a much narrower blade making it ideal for trimming beards but it's just ok as a hair clipper, it also typically comes with other attachments like nose hair trimmer etc.... whereas the hair clippers are full-size cutters which is great for hair, but mediocre for beards. It's too bad Philips decided to have 3000, 5000 and 7000 series of both hair clippers and beard trimmers which adds to the confusion.
Member
Apr 13, 2017
450 posts
233 upvotes
Rob76 wrote: A lot of people confuse the Philips multi-groom (model number starts with "MG") which is in the warehouse at $49.99 (goes on sale from time to time for $39.99), and the Philips hair clippers in this and other threads (the model number starts with "HC").

The multi-groom is beard-centric with a much narrower blade making it ideal for trimming beards but it's just ok as a hair clipper, it also typically comes with other attachments like nose hair trimmer etc.... whereas the hair clippers are full-size cutters which is great for hair, but mediocre for beards. It's too bad Philips decided to have 3000, 5000 and 7000 series of both hair clippers and beard trimmers which adds to the confusion.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Would you say this hair clipper is any good? I have an ooooollld philips multi-groom (i assume) that has an attachment for hair. I can select multiple sizes but the sizing is pretty sketch. If I don't do it at the right angle or put too much pressure, it'd cut hair wrong.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 14, 2007
2189 posts
473 upvotes
Red Deer
KamS046 wrote: Thanks for clearing that up.

Would you say this hair clipper is any good? I have an ooooollld philips multi-groom (i assume) that has an attachment for hair. I can select multiple sizes but the sizing is pretty sketch. If I don't do it at the right angle or put too much pressure, it'd cut hair wrong.
I don't have this particular one so I can't say. I did post in the other thread some things to keep in mind about this one (HC3520/15): 1. Non Li-ion battery (it's NiMH) 2. Comes with only one hair comb guide attachment and 3. Increments of 2mm.

I wish Costco would carry the 7000 series (HC7650/14) which is much better IMO and it's not much more money (MSRP $65, on sale sometimes for $50). The 7000 has a Li-ion battery, comes with a beard attachment, case and few other things, and the length increments are 1mm instead of 2mm which makes blending much easier. WM, BB and LD carry that one but they're all OOS.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 15, 2013
1511 posts
317 upvotes
Toronto
Rob76 wrote: I wish Costco would carry the 7000 series (HC7650/14) which is much better IMO and it's not much more money (MSRP $65, on sale sometimes for $50). The 7000 has a Li-ion battery, comes with a beard attachment, case and few other things, and the length increments are 1mm instead of 2mm which makes blending much easier. WM, BB and LD carry that one but they're all OOS.
I'm trying to hunt it down, seems to be sold out everywhere, Walmart, BestBuy
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 2, 2005
7340 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
el'ation wrote: It's $44.99 now
Thanks; ordered last week and it shipped yesterday
_{o,o}...{o.-}--{0,0}
_|)__)_--|)_(|-_-(__(|
--"-"-___-"-"-__--"-"-
Sr. Member
Sep 3, 2019
727 posts
450 upvotes
GTA
I don't know how I missed this thread... Expensive compared to the Wahl kit from Walmart, but oh well, beggars can't be choosers. Bought one just now
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 15, 2013
1511 posts
317 upvotes
Toronto
Rob76 wrote: I don't have this particular one so I can't say. I did post in the other thread some things to keep in mind about this one (HC3520/15): 1. Non Li-ion battery (it's NiMH) 2. Comes with only one hair comb guide attachment and 3. Increments of 2mm.

I wish Costco would carry the 7000 series (HC7650/14) which is much better IMO and it's not much more money (MSRP $65, on sale sometimes for $50). The 7000 has a Li-ion battery, comes with a beard attachment, case and few other things, and the length increments are 1mm instead of 2mm which makes blending much easier. WM, BB and LD carry that one but they're all OOS.
Finally snatched HC7650/14 from LD when they had a stock, this thing is amazing, thanks for all the research my beard-n-hair king.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 14, 2007
2189 posts
473 upvotes
Red Deer
TruBrush wrote: Finally snatched HC7650/14 from LD when they had a stock, this thing is amazing, thanks for all the research my beard-n-hair king.
Nice. I've been keeping an eye out on LD stock of the HC7650 but never did see it in stock in the last 2 months. When did you find it in stock?
Sr. Member
Sep 3, 2019
727 posts
450 upvotes
GTA
Update: Used the HC3520 on myself this afternoon

Pros:
Very good fit and comfortable in both hands

Cons:
Long charging time
It's difficult to clean the inside well (the hair gets into the nooks and crannies that the brush cannot get into)
Cutting hair that's 2-3 inches long is challenging with the setting at 23mm (the hair just doesn't get caught in the razor very often, possibly because of the clip's design)

All in all, I bought it because I was desperate, but I'd prefer a trimmer with the 'normal' looking clippers
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 15, 2013
1511 posts
317 upvotes
Toronto
Rob76 wrote: Nice. I've been keeping an eye out on LD stock of the HC7650 but never did see it in stock in the last 2 months. When did you find it in stock?
I bookmarked the LD, BB and WM pages and checked every morning, one day on June 6 LD 'add to cart' button popped up and I bought, as soon as I did it went OOS again, I guess pure luck.

Top