• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2022 8:34 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2489 posts
3503 upvotes
GTA
kyledig5 wrote: What’s the recipe for that green sauce?
I’m guessing it is chimichurri.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2216 posts
1773 upvotes
Surrey
ocisnicola wrote: Lol, no, you completely misunderstood what you quoted. You cut with the grain when you're MAKING STEAKS out of the sirloin cap. This is because when you cut the finished steak into bite size pieces, the face of the cut will be AGAINST the grain, hence making it more tender. In the picture, those slices were cut with the grain, meaning the steaks were made cutting AGAINST the grain.
Have a look at the picture again. They are cut right. The slices you see in the photo are “steak” cuts that are cut with the grain. When he goes to eat them he will be cutting against the grain
Dec 11, 2009
939 posts
518 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ffonly wrote: Have a look at the picture again. They are cut right. The slices you see in the photo are “steak” cuts that are cut with the grain. When he goes to eat them he will be cutting against the grain
You are wrong because those are already small enough cuts from a steak ready to put in your mouth. Even if you cut them further at this point it would be worse.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2008
1675 posts
703 upvotes
GTA
kyledig5 wrote: What’s the recipe for that green sauce?
Hmm, I just blended a bunch of random things in the blender...

fresh basil, garlic, salt, pepper, onion powder, melted butter and olive oil (honestly It was good but followed no recipe)
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2216 posts
1773 upvotes
Surrey
MoreDealsPlease wrote: You are wrong because those are already small enough cuts from a steak ready to put in your mouth. Even if you cut them further at this point it would be worse.
after looking again you may be right. I didn't realize those were bite size pieces. I thought that was a large serving platter with steak size cuts. I humbly admit defeat...
Dec 19, 2006
811 posts
774 upvotes
Vancouver
ffonly wrote: after looking again you may be right. I didn't realize those were bite size pieces. I thought that was a large serving platter with steak size cuts. I humbly admit defeat...
That would've been an unusually large sirloin cap if you could still cut those pieces so that the face side was against the grain Winking Face
Sep 15, 2004
347 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like price in store moved up to $13.99/kg. At least in Toronto location?
Oct 18, 2021
113 posts
79 upvotes
I bought these, going to make some tonight, are they better done in a cast iron pan or on the grill?
Mar 9, 2010
870 posts
1094 upvotes
HRM, NS
Picked some up but my family like their steak medium well. Anybody want a family?
Deal Guru
Sep 14, 2003
10777 posts
802 upvotes
Mississauga
Dealfan7 wrote: I bought these, going to make some tonight, are they better done in a cast iron pan or on the grill?
Grill is always better, IMO, but you can do a pretty decent job of cast iron pan really hot for about 3 mins a side to sear it, followed by 5-10 mins in an oven at 350-400 degrees. Depends on how you like your steak done.

Be sure to season the fat and to sear it as well. Honestly, the fat is beyond delicious on this cut of beef. I like to shave it into thin strips along the length on my plate and eat it like bacon. Yes, I know that sounds gross, but it's amazing. If you like chicken skin, you'll like this.
4chan melts your brain.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
3782 posts
3238 upvotes
Anyone still see these in GVRD recently? Went last weekend and didn't find anything.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19023 posts
2337 upvotes
muffin4life wrote: Anyone still see these in GVRD recently? Went last weekend and didn't find anything.
Picked up some in Richmond last Thursday afternoon.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Jun 22, 2020
17 posts
6 upvotes
Would love to see these in Ottawa but I highly doubt it. Seems our meat selection is usually pretty limited as compared to other regions.
FYI, for those with a smoker, these are great. Score the fat cap with a cross-hatch pattern then rub some olive oil and a good steak seasoning (such as The Keg). Smoke at 225F until med-rare (I take mine off at 130) and then rest for 20 minutes while you increase the heat on the grill to high and then char/sear for a couple of minutes on each side (watch the flames from the fat!). Amazing.
Jun 22, 2020
17 posts
6 upvotes
diegohv wrote: Are Brazilians everywhere?
I recall this joke from the GW Bush days:
"Mr. President, there's been a plane crash on a flight from São Paulo to JFK"
GWB: "Oh Lord, were there fatalities?"
"Yes sir, one Brazilian."
"Uh, how many is in a brazillion again?"
Feb 28, 2020
58 posts
28 upvotes
LondonAwaits wrote: Looks like price in store moved up to $13.99/kg. At least in Toronto location?
Yup, price went up. Just picked one pack here in Surrey, BC