Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Pioneer VSX-935 7.2 av receiver - 699.97 or 499.97(YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2023 2:58 pm
Apr 26, 2011
21 posts
135 upvotes

[Costco] Pioneer VSX-935 7.2 av receiver - 699.97 or 499.97(YMMV)

Have kept an eye on this at Costco as they've always had a bunch, looks like they're starting to mark them down. I was looking for a zone 2 setup at this price would be hard pressed to find something else comparable with the updated HDMI and e-arc.

In Edmonton stores.
PXL_20230225_224130889.jpg
Updated title as multiple locations showing 499 now. Still haven't seen in Edm. Area drop to this but St. Albert had 5 or so on the weekend.
Last edited by swmeche on Mar 15th, 2023 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
211 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2893 posts
2001 upvotes
GTA
Which store did u spot this??
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!
Mar 14, 2005
684 posts
442 upvotes
Waiting for the price to go lower they didn't sell any at 999.99 they won't at this price either.
Apr 16, 2019
61 posts
125 upvotes
Having had my eyes on them for couple of months, finally costco is clearing them out
Apr 26, 2011
21 posts
135 upvotes
I haven't seen anything comparable in the last 6 months plus for this price, open for any suggestions.
Last edited by swmeche on Feb 25th, 2023 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 23, 2008
979 posts
458 upvotes
Toronto
Any spotted in the GTA?
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2017
1321 posts
1387 upvotes
scoutermike wrote: Waiting for the price to go lower they didn't sell any at 999.99 they won't at this price either.
I beg to differ.... at this price they will clear out. At 899.99, 999.99 and 949.99, they were too close in pricing to the competition which were a better choice. With the price increases in A/V equipment, and Costco return... it's a no brainer for a budget AV receiver.
Mar 14, 2005
684 posts
442 upvotes
The price will go lower if people wait. Why pay more for it?
Mar 14, 2005
684 posts
442 upvotes
Bidjaan wrote: I beg to differ.... at this price they will clear out. At 899.99, 999.99 and 949.99, they were too close in pricing to the competition which were a better choice. With the price increases in A/V equipment, and Costco return... it's a no brainer for a budget AV receiver.
It's been this price for 3 days, no sales at my local costco.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2017
1321 posts
1387 upvotes
scoutermike wrote: It's been this price for 3 days, no sales at my local costco.
Not in the East... I was at Guelph couple days ago and was $949.99. The word is out, so watch the inventory move as it gains traction. Your logic is just wishful thinking lol. You buy it, and price adjust if it does indeed go lower. Guarantee you they will clear out.

Also, not all Costco's carry it. Kitchener and Waterloo both have never carried it.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35601 posts
18981 upvotes
If you buy this be very sure to get the extended warranty. The garbage these guys (Onkyo-Pioneer) are making now....ugh. Well that was always the case with Onkyo but now with them involved with Pioneer, it's game over for them too. At least when (not if) it breaks, you can get your $$ refunded by Asurion/Allstate (whomever they are using these days). just return it to Costblo.

Also don't be surprised if you're not wowed with the sound from the Pio. First it's a VSX, second even their SCs aren't impressive these days. Just my $0.02.

Edit: Apparently no need for the warranty as someone else mentioned these are not limited in return like TVs. Therefore just take it back when it craps out I guess.
Last edited by ES_Revenge on Feb 26th, 2023 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1971 posts
1946 upvotes
Toronto
ES_Revenge wrote: If you buy this be very sure to get the extended warranty. The garbage these guys (Onkyo-Pioneer) are making now....ugh. Well that was always the case with Onkyo but now with them involved with Pioneer, it's game over for them too. At least when (not if) it breaks, you can get your $$ refunded by Asurion/Allstate (whomever they are using these days).

Also don't be surprised if you're not wowed with the sound from the Pio. First it's a VSX, second even their SCs aren't impressive these days. Just my $0.02 but get that warranty.
My Pioneer VSX 822 going strong 11+ years, It's always on/in use and only turned off at night.
Multi Millionaire in Points
Sep 8, 2007
554 posts
638 upvotes
Anyone spot this in the lower mainland?
Jan 26, 2011
304 posts
290 upvotes
Ajax
ES_Revenge wrote: If you buy this be very sure to get the extended warranty. The garbage these guys (Onkyo-Pioneer) are making now....ugh. Well that was always the case with Onkyo but now with them involved with Pioneer, it's game over for them too. At least when (not if) it breaks, you can get your $$ refunded by Asurion/Allstate (whomever they are using these days).

Also don't be surprised if you're not wowed with the sound from the Pio. First it's a VSX, second even their SCs aren't impressive these days. Just my $0.02 but get that warranty.
See…I keep hearing the same thing about Onkyo receivers and I’ve had two of them for the last ten years now with zero issues…
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35601 posts
18981 upvotes
FoMoHotDeals wrote: My Pioneer VSX 822 going strong 11+ years, It's always on/in use and only turned off at night.
ES_Revenge wrote: If you buy this be very sure to get the extended warranty. The garbage these guys (Onkyo-Pioneer) are making now....ugh. Well that was always the case with Onkyo but now with them involved with Pioneer, it's game over for them too.
In September 2014, Pioneer agreed to sell Pioneer Home Electronics (Home A/V) to Onkyo, ...
Onkyo was delisted from the Tokyo Stock Exchange in August 2021 due to the market's rules on negative net worth.

On May 13, 2022, Onkyo announced that it was filing for bankruptcy.
In June 2021, Voxx International announced that it had finalized a licensing agreement with the Pioneer and Pioneer Elite brands "for all markets, except China" as part of their acquisition of Onkyo.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pioneer_Corporation
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onkyo
Mar 3, 2008
487 posts
243 upvotes
Toronto
Best buy has 1 open box at this price. I have the vsx933, upgraded from vsx 1020 so I could get 4k and Atmos 5.1.2...just missed e-arc train!

Never had issues with pioneer. UI sucks but it works and the automatic speaker setup process has no issues.

Be sure to tweak EQ manually to preference to cater to your sound profile, check avs forums for settings.

When I get a 120hz LG OLED at some point I'm going to need to upgrade!!

Also, I'm no audiophile!
Last edited by Knaw on Feb 25th, 2023 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 2, 2003
5261 posts
1618 upvotes
SK

Receivers don’t fall under the 90-day return/2-year warranty. They are the same as a regular product so no extended warranty needed. Return whenever no matter how long.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1201 posts
766 upvotes
Canada
scoutermike wrote: The price will go lower if people wait. Why pay more for it?
but life is limited bro...
simple is the best...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)