Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Pioneer VSX-935 7.2 av receiver - 699.97 or 499.97(YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2023 2:58 pm
Aug 6, 2009
904 posts
333 upvotes
liviu23 wrote: Yes, I tried a different port in the Pioneer, same thing, it doesn’t detect it when I go trough the wizard. That’s why I am pretty sure it’s the speaker
It could be a blown tweeter for that speaker. I read online that the mic actually listens for the high frequency sounds to detect where and how to set up the speaker.
Jul 2, 2006
118 posts
16 upvotes
Mississauga
If it's the tweeter then it's serious. But there is still one more possibility; bad speaker wire.
I once had recurring receiver power issues for quite some time until one of the error messages suggested crossed wires.
I double-checked, and even re-terminated, my speaker cables and then discovered I actually had what is called "copper rot".
Essentially the copper strands inside the wire had oxidized over time(10-15 years, in my case) and turned really dark inside the clear sheathing.
As soon as I replaced the wires, which wasn't cheap as I tend to use high gauge(12 or higher), the problem went away.
So replace the wire as a test - just to make sure it's not something other than the speaker.
Good luck!
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2008
1162 posts
1220 upvotes
Montreal
wz286t wrote: If it's the tweeter then it's serious. But there is still one more possibility; bad speaker wire.
I once had recurring receiver power issues for quite some time until one of the error messages suggested crossed wires.
I double-checked, and even re-terminated, my speaker cables and then discovered I actually had what is called "copper rot".
Essentially the copper strands inside the wire had oxidized over time(10-15 years, in my case) and turned really dark inside the clear sheathing.
As soon as I replaced the wires, which wasn't cheap as I tend to use high gauge(12 or higher), the problem went away.
So replace the wire as a test - just to make sure it's not something other than the speaker.
Good luck!
Thanks, I did swap the speaker with another one, and the problem followed. So it’s not the speaker or the connector.

I hope a good speakers deal will come up soon.

Thanks!
Dec 26, 2007
332 posts
416 upvotes
Montréal
desi_mtl_dude wrote: Any idea about the stock in Quebec City or Montreal ?
One left plus the demo at Vaudreuil at 5h30 pm today. None at Bridge or Pointe Claire.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2005
1128 posts
821 upvotes
I’m confused reading the manual. Can you send different audio to zone 2 ? Or does zone 1/2 have to be from the same source?.
Jul 23, 2009
721 posts
491 upvotes
lmcradu wrote: One left plus the demo at Vaudreuil at 5h30 pm today. None at Bridge or Pointe Claire.
Thank you . I drove from Quebec City to ottawa and stopped by trois rivière and Candiac. Candiac had one demo but was missing accessories.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 2, 2003
5261 posts
1618 upvotes
SK
setTopbox wrote: I’m confused reading the manual. Can you send different audio to zone 2 ? Or does zone 1/2 have to be from the same source?.
You can send a different source or the same source to Zone 2.
You can use the Pioneer Remote App (iOS and Android) to better understand. It should have the layout as the Onkyo Remote app.
Images
  • ACEA0A12-0DDA-4F9C-9A92-0D4695AA1509.jpeg
  • 06701BF5-CF17-42A3-A05E-B491DBF8FE79.jpeg
Deal Addict
May 31, 2005
1128 posts
821 upvotes
shopper-X wrote: You can send a different source or the same source to Zone 2.
You can use the Pioneer Remote App (iOS and Android) to better understand. It should have the layout as the Onkyo Remote app.
I’ll give the app a go. Thanks !!
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4768 posts
4985 upvotes
East GTA
Have these been cleared out? I couldn't find at Ajax Costco

Or if anyone is willing to sell one for cost + tax if they've changed their mind I am interested (GTA)!
NO SOUP FOR YOU!

+1337
Jan 14, 2005
396 posts
166 upvotes
Brampton
The price was so good that they all got sold like hot cakes..
Sony XBR65X900H, Panasonic TH-50PX77U, Denon AVR-X3800H, Pioneer vsx-1325, Sony UBP-X800M2, klipsch Ref 82, Cervin-Wega E76-c, Klipsch 12" Sub, JBL-10 Sub, Polk-Audio Surround speakers, Harmony Ultimate, Playstation 5, Wii, WiiU, AppleTV 4K,

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)