[Costco] Plastic storage set 6 pc - $14.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2021 6:46 pm
[OP]
Jun 27, 2010
73 posts
45 upvotes

[Costco] Plastic storage set 6 pc - $14.99

I saw this at the Burnaby location, near the entrance. Good deal for a set of storage containers with lids (Made in the USA). Lots of uses at home or office.
Images
  • IMG_3855.JPG
23 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
4010 posts
1316 upvotes
Edmonton
Bought a set last week, they are decent enough. Just make sure you check them out, one of them had a crack in the top so had to exchange it. They dont see that brittle though so who knows what happened.
Sep 1, 2008
358 posts
427 upvotes
They are part of Costco's current bi-weekly sales. Good deal. Picked up two this week. They are made from higher quality, non-brittle plastic. Both the lids and the walls are clear colored, which makes them very convenient storage containers.
Feb 8, 2006
471 posts
137 upvotes
Bought tons of these to help organize random stuff all over the house. Pretty handy.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
3594 posts
2314 upvotes
Vancouver
Got one set last week. Poor quality lids and thin plastic buckets. Probably fooled a lot of aunties who thought "USA" meant good quality.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
4010 posts
1316 upvotes
Edmonton
Spinner wrote: Got one set last week. Poor quality lids and thin plastic buckets. Probably fooled a lot of aunties who thought "USA" meant good quality.
Ya, they're 'ok'. Certainly not Rubbermaid quality but for $2.50 each they should do the job. If someone has something of better quality for that price do share.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
1509 posts
1162 upvotes
Toronto
They are about the same price as similar bins at Dollarama. Must better quality!!
Feb 2, 2017
52 posts
46 upvotes
I bought a set last week. The quality is good for the price paid. Yes the Rubbermaid ones are better quality,
but at a much higher cost per bin. These ones will crack more easily, but should last a long time if you don't drop them onto a hard floor.
Apr 5, 2018
120 posts
91 upvotes
I got these too - I use them for electronics(cables, wires) so they work for me. I dont expect to put heavy stuff in these.
Feb 8, 2006
471 posts
137 upvotes
pnyknights wrote: Has anyone seen the larger (about the size of 2 or 3 of these) clear bins? Can't seem to find them anywhere
I bought a lot of those as well. They seemed to be out of stock for a while but I managed to pick some up a couple weeks ago.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1209 posts
1219 upvotes
Markham, ON
Numb3r$ wrote: I saw this at the Burnaby location, near the entrance. Good deal for a set of storage containers with lids (Made in the USA). Lots of uses at home or office.
What are the dimensions?
I can't make it out in the picture.
FIDO, Freedom Mobile, Koodo, Public Mobile, TELUS customer.
Feb 25, 2007
351 posts
13 upvotes
Markham
they are in stock at Woodbine and hwy 7 location in Markham
(as of Feb 18, 2021)
Mar 26, 2007
211 posts
113 upvotes
mrtin905 wrote: What are the dimensions?
I can't make it out in the picture.
They are 10 15/16” x 16 7/16” x 6 1/2 “ (WxLxH)

i thought I wanted them until I saw them in person. They are huge. Whatever you put in them, you don’t want it to be too heavy.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1810 posts
1125 upvotes
Vancouver
These were around last year and I have a whole bunch, the ones that get the most use are holding toys that my kids access almost daily.
No cracks yet but my toddler did manage to pop the black latch a few times, which is not surprising. Bottoms are not flat so they don't slide on carpet well, if that's how you plan to use it (under a bed or furniture or something)

Adults shouldn't have any issues operating this though
Last edited by Sypsy on Feb 19th, 2021 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 12, 2013
289 posts
117 upvotes
Edmonton
the other day when i was at costco, was not sure what to do with these 6 bins. Looks its a great offer.. .but no use of buying 6. any group buy options.. lol
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1209 posts
1219 upvotes
Markham, ON
Happosai wrote: They are 10 15/16” x 16 7/16” x 6 1/2 “ (WxLxH)

i thought I wanted them until I saw them in person. They are huge. Whatever you put in them, you don’t want it to be too heavy.
Thanks!
You're right, based on the dimensions they're quite large (perfect for my needs).
Hope I can find them at Kirkham.
FIDO, Freedom Mobile, Koodo, Public Mobile, TELUS customer.
Apr 21, 2008
366 posts
129 upvotes
I bought 4 sets in total mostly for storing some of my misc workshop tools/parts

They are like the perfect size for everything...

Any bigger means I have too much crap of the same thing
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4504 posts
590 upvotes
Scarborough
Gellar wrote: I bought a lot of those as well. They seemed to be out of stock for a while but I managed to pick some up a couple weeks ago.
Ohh where at? Or do you have the sku for it too please?
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b