• Last Updated:
  • Jul 7th, 2021 8:25 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2003
5294 posts
414 upvotes

[Costco] Playstation 5 (PS5) Dualsense Controller Red $89

Costco is selling the Red controller at the same price as the black one. Everywhere else is selling for $5 more.

Edit: Out of Stock Now
Last edited by GunnerX on Jun 16th, 2021 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This space for rent.
39 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
5063 posts
5013 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Assuming Shoppers gets these (no reason they wouldn't) it'll still be cheaper to get them from there, especially if it's like right now and there's a $20 off $75 coupon for online.

E: Or even Staples.
Penalty Box
Jan 1, 2018
232 posts
345 upvotes
This is regular price. Bought it for this price a month ago. Used a 20 dollar Walmart coupon code.
Jan 4, 2019
564 posts
367 upvotes
I'm mildly red-green colourblind, but damn that "red" controller looks pink to me, my wife would probably like it
Feb 7, 2014
259 posts
205 upvotes
Kitchener
do we know if they fixed the drift issues with white controllers in the those new controllers ?
Jun 5, 2016
129 posts
211 upvotes
Stupid ps5, can't believe 6 months after release, still impossible to get one except from those thieves on kijiji
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
11903 posts
9480 upvotes
Oil Country
Discoboy1 wrote: Stupid ps5, can't believe 6 months after release, still impossible to get one except from those thieves on kijiji
On the plus side, a price drop could be coming soon since the dollar is much higher then it was when it was released.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1910 posts
1386 upvotes
Langley
jiffylube1024 wrote: There was a global pandemic, a chip shortage, and supply chain issues.

Where have you been?

At least the PS5 is somewhat gettable. Try getting a current-gen GPU!
Haha exactly. Its actually surprisingly easy to land one if you have a little commitment and twitter notifications from accounts such as Lbabinz. People want a PS5 to fall into their lap, understandably these things would generally be on a shelf somewhere but that's simply not the case with what's going on and people still don't seem to want to adapt to the reality that you have to put a little effort in. They just blame scalpers.

I totally agree, GPU's are a zoo, much more so than consoles.
Apr 17, 2006
186 posts
8 upvotes
This is brutal.. thinking of returning my ps5 back to costco because the drift is so bad.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2012
1479 posts
576 upvotes
Narkham
d2fresh wrote: This is brutal.. thinking of returning my ps5 back to costco because the drift is so bad.
How often to you play? I've heard reports of the joystick drift, but have yet to experience it myself - I play almost on a daily basis
RFD is the reason I live in poverty.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
2094 posts
1495 upvotes
Ottawa
Discoboy1 wrote: Stupid ps5, can't believe 6 months after release, still impossible to get one except from those thieves on kijiji
I'd recommend to follow Lbabinz in discord (Video Games Deals Canada), you can setup notifications on the playstation channel. Walmart seems to always drop at midnight (EST) and all stores get stock around the same time, so stay tuned these days.
Nov 14, 2017
681 posts
1075 upvotes
Vancouver
NoCountry4RFDer wrote:
I'd recommend to follow Lbabinz in discord (Video Games Deals Canada), you can setup notifications on the playstation channel. Walmart seems to always drop at midnight (EST) and all stores get stock around the same time, so stay tuned these days.
Also Now In Stock Canada. After there was zero drops for about a month I got one last month. It's not too difficult if you can keep a phone with notifications on you all day.

As for the controller, does Costco offer warranty for these? I don't have a Costco membership and rarely shop there but I remember someone on RFD saying it was a lot harder to make returns at Costco these days (especially the long term ones). Not sure if that's true or not but that's what I read.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
3748 posts
3775 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights
d2fresh wrote: This is brutal.. thinking of returning my ps5 back to costco because the drift is so bad.
Does that happen often or intermittently?

Mine went away. But the R2 button is more sensitive so when I lay it down. It gets pressed
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
2578 posts
1166 upvotes
EDMONTON
this color is ugly as hell

Teal would look amazing
teksavvy sucks
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
1349 posts
658 upvotes
Vancouver
chemicalxv wrote: Assuming Shoppers gets these (no reason they wouldn't) it'll still be cheaper to get them from there, especially if it's like right now and there's a $20 off $75 coupon for online.
If you don't care about color, best place is actually Kijiji or Craigslist. White ones usually go for around $60 which is cheaper than SDM with points.

They're usually the leftovers from people selling off PS5 bundles.