Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Playstation 5 (PS5) Dualsense Controller Red $89

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 7th, 2021 8:25 pm
Apr 17, 2006
192 posts
9 upvotes
chilli604 wrote: Does that happen often or intermittently?

Mine went away. But the R2 button is more sensitive so when I lay it down. It gets pressed
Light user here. Maybe 1-2hrs use a month…

I got the costco bundle with spiderman and 2 controllers. It started happening with warzone after a month. Called sony and went through their normal troubleshooting as they said the joystick was dirty. I opened my second controller to test it out and same issue out of the box. There was a controller update a month ago that was suppose to address the issue but it would drift a bit and stop which made it seem like they were using software to address a hardware issue.
Nov 27, 2010
320 posts
51 upvotes
Hoping to trade in the extra unopened white one I got in my Costco bundle for a red one.
Not sure if Costco would do it but maybe EB; someone at my local store is looking into it for me.
Apr 12, 2019
191 posts
166 upvotes
Do i need to have a ps5 first? Or can i get it to work by itself?
Not a dumb question!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
5889 posts
4335 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Kayvan83 wrote: Do i need to have a ps5 first? Or can i get it to work by itself?
Not a dumb question!
You could use it with PC but kinda expensive to do so since you don't get access to the DualSense features.
Oct 19, 2009
510 posts
504 upvotes
toronto
This is not bad, but why is ps4 controller still so expensive?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1152 posts
1280 upvotes
Surrey
Seems like the drift issues are still plaguing PlayStation controllers. A couple of my ps4 controllers did this and same with my PS3 controllers.

Warzone is brutal on the sticks. I've got some small rubber pieces missing and indented in my current controller from playing so many sweaty rounds. Lol

Keeping an eye out for PS5 restocks...gaming is getting a bit spendy!
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3634 posts
1419 upvotes
Montreal
chemicalxv wrote: Assuming Shoppers gets these (no reason they wouldn't) it'll still be cheaper to get them from there, especially if it's like right now and there's a $20 off $75 coupon for online.

E: Or even Staples.
It’s been a long while Staples have released such coupon their super rare now a day… Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
10251 posts
4519 upvotes
The controller's actual tone looks like this according to a photo on reddit:
I think the white controller is still the best one out of the bunch.

Dec 31, 2006
744 posts
166 upvotes
thr333zy wrote: How often to you play? I've heard reports of the joystick drift, but have yet to experience it myself - I play almost on a daily basis
I'm sending mine back for RMA. Lucky I bought a spare one. I play daily and the drifting is bad....there are times playing WZ my player starts moving left or when I'm parachuting down.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
7081 posts
7581 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
tarushin wrote: It’s been a long while Staples have released such coupon their super rare now a day… Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Well it's only $94.99, so even a 10% or $10 coupon already beats this price.

But I do miss the $20 off $75 Pensive Face
May 7, 2010
599 posts
483 upvotes
Edmonton
jiffylube1024 wrote: There was a global pandemic, a chip shortage, and supply chain issues.

Where have you been?

At least the PS5 is somewhat gettable. Try getting a current-gen GPU!
+1,000,000.. PS5 is easy peasy.. getting current gen GPU is another story! Good luck competing with skynet Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2281 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
XFactor11 wrote: The controller's actual tone looks like this according to a photo on reddit:
I think the white controller is still the best one out of the bunch.

Ooooo come to papa black! I love that look… should have one soon :D
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14715 posts
4836 upvotes
Montreal
jbone14 wrote: They just blame scalpers.
Well, scalpers and their bots are about 90% of the problem.
My last and final digital game I purchased at PSN from those Sony Devils was on November 22, 2020 - Ban that Sorny!
Feb 24, 2008
115 posts
401 upvotes
Bradford
$90 for a controller? Not sure it's worth $30 extra dollars for the colour red.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5195 posts
7013 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
Red looks nice.

I'll wait for more colors. I want Seafoam color
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2281 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
JackWhyte wrote: Well, scalpers and their bots are about 90% of the problem.
As you have recently asked others to “research before posting” I can appreciate you probably researched the topic :)... I would appreciate to see where you gathered this 90% number from? I am genuinely interested as real world experience is simply not supporting it. Youre suggesting 9 out of 10 consoles goto scalpers or bots…come on. Follow any Twitter account, or talk to any person actually putting a small effort into securing one and they and many others will tell you plenty are getting into hands of actual users. Especially now.

There’s a $50-75 profit in my area, people just aren’t getting real money for them anymore, it’s not worth people’s time scalp.
Dec 4, 2012
104 posts
62 upvotes
BURNABY
ray90 wrote: I'm sending mine back for RMA. Lucky I bought a spare one. I play daily and the drifting is bad....there are times playing WZ my player starts moving left or when I'm parachuting down.
Quick q for you: did you have to pay for shipping to RMA with Sony? I'm having some controller issues and they are adamant that I pay shipping one-way to them. They cover the return shipping. Quite frankly, a little bizarre given all the issues and the fact that they cover two-way shipping for the actual consoles themselves.
Dec 31, 2006
744 posts
166 upvotes
Rikersbeard wrote: Quick q for you: did you have to pay for shipping to RMA with Sony? I'm having some controller issues and they are adamant that I pay shipping one-way to them. They cover the return shipping. Quite frankly, a little bizarre given all the issues and the fact that they cover two-way shipping for the actual consoles themselves.
Yea im trying to fight this shipping thing. By principle it doesn't make sense, it's a faulty product that they need to fix. I've escalated but no real response yet.
Dec 4, 2012
104 posts
62 upvotes
BURNABY
Good luck! I hope it goes your way. Let me know! :)