Feb 9, 2014
1188 posts
3284 upvotes
Toronto
slitcher wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2019 5:34 pm
Boucherville had 0 stock.

Somewhere in the area still have ?
Damn, when a place called Boucherville has 0 in stock then you know this is a helluva deal.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2007
2027 posts
482 upvotes
cooper83 wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2019 4:10 pm
Disagree. If that was the case, composite video would still be used instead of HDMI. Wouldn’t be difficult to produce a wireless version of a classic controller, as is clear by the third-party manufacturers who do just that.
Just jokes. There is no excuse other than the ability to sell extension cables.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
1909 posts
1282 upvotes
Kitchener
Okthankyou wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2019 9:24 pm
Still waiting for it to drop to $9.99
It's OOS @ $30, you won't see $10
Gaming PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 32GB RAM
Media PC: i5 6500, GTX 1060 6gb, 16GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
Aug 17, 2012
249 posts
135 upvotes
COQUITLAM
xristophoros wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2019 8:44 pm
cheapskates everywhere i look. don't you guys get tired of shitting on this product? you have nothing good to say about yet you flock to every new deal that pops up lol...how ironic. besides, you are paying for the hardware, not the games that are on it since people were bound to mod these regardless of how good they were out of the box. well worth the $50-60 there were selling for last month. but eh, most people on here have pushed their luck already and will never find one below $50 lol...
If people are planning on modding these, they would just mod the NES/SNES Classic instead. It runs the PSX Emulator better than the PS Classic.
Dec 27, 2012
203 posts
254 upvotes
VillageIdiot wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2019 11:19 pm
If people are planning on modding these, they would just mod the NES/SNES Classic instead. It runs the PSX Emulator better than the PS Classic.
that is not true in the slightest. you sound very uninformed. check out the latest mods to the psc and better educate yourself before spreading false information. the hardware of the psc runs circles around the snes classic as far as performance and power is concerned. that isn't up for debate, it is a FACT. the psc classic is equivalent to a raspberry pi 3b+ after all. a modded psc can use the retroarch build of the emulator (better optimzied and more options/features) for very good results. there is 2X scaling for example... the psc can even emulate many n64 games -- many of which are very difficult and problematic even on decent pc's and would have no chance on the snes classic.
Nov 20, 2017
709 posts
652 upvotes
Toronto
VillageIdiot wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2019 11:19 pm
Apt username there.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4175 posts
2582 upvotes
peytonpeanut2017 wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2019 7:52 pm
i'm finding this quite hilarious. at first everyone was calling it (still are) trash,garbage,etc. and wouldn't buy it if it was even half the price... but now that costco is clearing them out for $30 it's a mad dash to get one.

then you have the ones on kijiji/letgo buying them all up who won't make a red cent with their scalping dreams.

you could have easily got one for $30 back when EB had the trade 3 get it free deal. they were accepting games not even on the list just to move it. the guys at the location near me showed me the print off of games (6 pages long) they were accepting for it just to get them out of their inventory. i traded NHL 15, madden 25 and uncharted 4 for it.... so i actually got it for way less than $30 because the sports games honestly are so old they are worth like $1.

now i have bleemsync 1.0 on mine and it's my home system to use when i'm not using my modded psp/ps vita to play PS1 games.
Well, thanks for letting us know now.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1389 posts
683 upvotes
I thought Toys R Us was a deal at $49.99 clearance
That's crazy cheap at Costco
Koodo $40 Canada Wide + 8GB + 1000 Intl LD
Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $12 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $19 per Month
Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2008
1082 posts
184 upvotes
krazi3azn wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2019 3:05 pm
Thanks OP, picked one up today. Worth every bit of $30. We spent way more for way less before from this group.
Where was this ?
Jan 5, 2012
80 posts
63 upvotes
xristophoros wrote:
cheapskates everywhere i look. don't you guys get tired of shitting on this product? you have nothing good to say about yet you flock to every new deal that pops up lol...how ironic. besides, you are paying for the hardware, not the games that are on it since people were bound to mod these regardless of how good they were out of the box. well worth the $50-60 they were selling for last month. but eh, most people on here have pushed their luck already and will never find one below $50 lol...
It's not about being "cheapskates," it's about paying what you think it's worth. At $30 people finally decided it was fair value. They didn't get it at $50 because they still didn't think it was worth it, simple as that.

And if it's $30 now, it'll be at that price again, either from Costco or another retailer. Either way, $50 or $30, still makes me chuckle that $130 was the MSRP. It's been a hoot following the price of this thing.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4150 posts
519 upvotes
it's trash for $130

for a fraction of that to not even fire it up to play? might look nice as a display for $30
peytonpeanut2017 wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2019 7:52 pm
i'm finding this quite hilarious. at first everyone was calling it (still are) trash,garbage,etc. and wouldn't buy it if it was even half the price... but now that costco is clearing them out for $30 it's a mad dash to get one.

you could have easily got one for $30 back when EB had the trade 3 get it free deal. they were accepting games not even on the list just to move it. the guys at the location near me showed me the print off of games (6 pages long) they were accepting for it just to get them out of their inventory. i traded NHL 15, madden 25 and uncharted 4 for it.... so i actually got it for way less than $30 because the sports games honestly are so old they are worth like $1.
Russell wrote:
Sep 10th, 2011 12:29 pm
We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
1061 posts
950 upvotes
xristophoros wrote:
cheapskates everywhere i look. don't you guys get tired of shitting on this product? you have nothing good to say about yet you flock to every new deal that pops up lol...how ironic. besides, you are paying for the hardware, not the games that are on it since people were bound to mod these regardless of how good they were out of the box. well worth the $50-60 they were selling for last month. but eh, most people on here have pushed their luck already and will never find one below $50 lol...
Maybe the site should be changed to Red Flag Cheapskates? Nah, I think Deals works, sums up nicely WHAT WE'RE ALL LOOKING FOR HERE Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

Back to the argument of 'its worth more'. For real? This was a failure at launch because its more than just about the hardware. Here's a synopsis of just some of the problems with this product out of the box:
-weak choice of games in comparison to the NES and SNES Classic, which this thing deserves to get compared to because the product is trying to compete with them
-games that run worse than the original. It's 2019, these should look and run at least as well out of the box
-about $30 more MSRP than the SNES Classic for a crappier overall experience. This isn't about being a Nintendo or Sony fan, this is about expecting us to pay more for less
-awful UI, which they put zero effort in since they simply took it from somebody who made this available for free online. Lazy.

Who would pay $129 or $60 for a product that they have to mod to make better? When I modded the NES Classic, it was actually fine as it was, and I wanted to make it better once I saw it was easy. This thing isn't that good to start, so why pay for the privilege?
And this runs as well as a RPi? Sure, I believe it. Now make this do everything a RPi does and I might be impressed. Same modular abilities and programmability. If not, its an overpriced video game emulator that runs games that the NES and SNES Classic run just as well (YouTube it, its out there).

Not sure why you're always the doomsayer about buying this cheaper. In the previous thread about the PSC, you said it wouldn't ever drop below $80. Now you're getting Angry Pajamas because people want it at $30. Go to a couple of local Walmarts and look at all the stock they have, friend. Now tell me America's Undercut King isn't going to sell it cheaper in a month or two, tops. That's what we're obviously waiting for here, the inevitable.
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri