Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Pokemon cards making a comeback at Costco for $34.99 per 3 tin set

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 19th, 2019 10:34 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2653 posts
443 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
steveMR wrote: I know nothing about Pokémon cards but I saw Dollarama sells 30 card packs for $4.
I don't think those are real? Someone can correct me - but they never have any GX/EX/Rare cards that are needed for today's collections.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2653 posts
443 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
homesickalien wrote: You can thank Netflix for the resurgence. My son and his classmates are ripping beys every day.
LET IT RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP!!!!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 3, 2006
5546 posts
3067 upvotes
Winnipeg
cyphon21 wrote: I don't think those are real? Someone can correct me - but they never have any GX/EX/Rare cards that are needed for today's collections.
They are real but you're not going to find any foil or rare cards. Not a bad way to fill out some decks, though.
This isn't a blog.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2653 posts
443 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
jcon wrote: They are real but you're not going to find any foil or rare cards. Not a bad way to fill out some decks, though.
Ah ok - for some reason they didn't feel 'real'... they seemed weird to me for sure.
Oct 15, 2019
2 posts
Mississauga, ON
Does Costco ever do this for other trading card games such as magic the gathering?
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2006
2304 posts
950 upvotes
brunomarie wrote: Indeed. I have as much fun opening my son and daughter's pack of cards. And I get a little sad when they bend/damage a nice foil(shiny??) 4$ trainer card!

edit: I think Foil is for MTG and that for pokemon they call it Shiny??
We called them holos at our school way back when......btw this is the most adult sounding string of words I've ever written.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6858 posts
5573 upvotes
M-Arkham
holo/shiney/foil
used them all, most people who deal with any CCG will understand
Signature removed due to rule violation
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
2550 posts
1011 upvotes
Pokemon cards are back? I have a whole binder of them from the early 2000s or late 90s. Wonder if they're worth anything.

Pretty sure I have some 1st editions and a Charizard holo card in there.
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1865 upvotes
Ajax
asian wrote: Honestly, never knew I needed Pokémon cards until I read this thread. In for 3. Lots at the Elgin Mills Costco.
You don't need them.
Dec 12, 2009
491 posts
391 upvotes
GenericMember wrote: I'd say these are safe for buys in grades 1 thru 3..after that, it'll be boxed away for memories.
Beyblades are also popular again.. They even have them at Dollarama.
kid is in grade 6 and doesn't care about the cards anymore. not sure what to do with hundreds of dollars worth of cards. i wish these were hockey cards instead, at least i can relate to it.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2009
2237 posts
569 upvotes
Kelowna
starbuckscoffee wrote: kid is in grade 6 and doesn't care about the cards anymore. not sure what to do with hundreds of dollars worth of cards. i wish these were hockey cards instead, at least i can relate to it.
you put them on facebook marketplace / your local online classifieds and sell them to people with kids in lower grades to enjoy.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
2400 posts
3918 upvotes
Onterrible
Wow, seeing those card packs is a wave of nostalgia. Like getting slapped in the face by a McDonald's pizza.
I remember I sold my whole OG collection for about $1200 in probably like 2005, at Microplay (!!) I believe. I think I got like $175-200 each for my holographic Venusaur, Lapras and Articuno lol.

That's a long time removed from this office I sit in now, damn Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
2145 posts
1789 upvotes
Never a card collector. Got a pack for the girl. Started googling about Pokémon cards and jaw dropped when some of the cards went for 40k USD a piece. Still can’t understand how anyone would pay so much for card. My finding is if it’s charizard related it’s usually worth more.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 22, 2009
6111 posts
7132 upvotes
Whitby
All doubles and energy cards probably.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 3, 2006
5546 posts
3067 upvotes
Winnipeg
dyalect wrote: All doubles and energy cards probably.
No, these are packs inside the tins. These are not loose cards.

This thread is so far off topic with people going down memory lane and whatnot.
This isn't a blog.
Jun 10, 2017
797 posts
1452 upvotes
sixteen12 wrote: Pokemon cards are back? I have a whole binder of them from the early 2000s or late 90s. Wonder if they're worth anything.

Pretty sure I have some 1st editions and a Charizard holo card in there.
Want to sell them? Lol
Jun 10, 2017
797 posts
1452 upvotes
starbuckscoffee wrote: kid is in grade 6 and doesn't care about the cards anymore. not sure what to do with hundreds of dollars worth of cards. i wish these were hockey cards instead, at least i can relate to it.
In that case you should sell them while it's still relevant. Heck I'd buy it if price is right.. My kid is into it right now.
Jul 18, 2007
214 posts
168 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Has anyone seen this at the elgin mills costco in richmond Hill?
May 6, 2004
462 posts
70 upvotes
saw them on this past Sunday in Markham East Costco (Markham / 14th)