[Costco] Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu - Nintendo Switch - $49.97

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2019 9:15 am
Dec 20, 2010
261 posts
135 upvotes
neonic wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 3:40 pm
While it may not be the "best" way to do it, both exclusive and extra Eevees are easy to solve by transfer your stuff from Pokemon Go (if you happen to play) - Which was a also good way to bypass those "only evolve from trade" Pokemon

Funny you word like that, because this is actually the "normal" Pokemon game, as it's a remake from the original one.
No it's not ,there's no battles with wild pokemon, it's a re-make of yellow but with Pokemon Go Mechanics. The real Pokemon core series game is coming this year.
Aug 9, 2011
70 posts
18 upvotes
Montr
T_Ruff wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 4:31 pm
No it's not ,there's no battles with wild pokemon, it's a re-make of yellow but with Pokemon Go Mechanics. The real Pokemon core series game is coming this year.
It's still 95% Pokémon Yellow & traditional Pokémon and like 5% Pokémon Go. (Maybe) It doesn't make you walk in real life to reach different routes or get Pokéballs at a Pokémon Mart or to fight different gym leaders or any of that shit. People need to stop misleading people to try to make this game look bad like it's the opposite and totally **** Pokémon Go, it isn't. Say it with me "This game is Pokémon Yellow with THE Pokémon Go catching mechanic (not mechanicS) & QOL improvements".

Btw, do you say that the Resident Evil 2 remake isn't Resident Evil and feels nothing like Resident Evil 2 at all just because they changed the dogshit camera system in that game too?
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
1201 posts
52 upvotes
Haven't had luck with this approach in the past. They typically will return the most recent purchase, in this case will be returning the one you just bought at the clearance price. Unless you bought the new one with another membership in which case only the original price will be on your account.
daviiiiiid wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 4:07 pm
ACTUALLY, there is a weird policy at most costcos. Some may be more lenient, but from my experience. they let you RETURN without invoice, but you cannot price adjust without invoice. So go in store, purchase one at the better price, and return it as a "no invoice" purchase that is recorded on your account from a previous date.
Dec 23, 2010
143 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
Got the last one at Guelph. There were no cards out on the floor, had to check with the lady at pick up window and she rang it through.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
1409 posts
376 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Plenty of Eevee version in Laval
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2004
3025 posts
151 upvotes
Toronto
Lazy Susan wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 4:03 pm
This is not true. I have the Pikachu version and have caught multiple Eevees.
QFT
Dec 20, 2010
261 posts
135 upvotes
Stephleref wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 5:06 pm
It's still 95% Pokémon Yellow & traditional Pokémon and like 5% Pokémon Go. (Maybe) It doesn't make you walk in real life to reach different routes or get Pokéballs at a Pokémon Mart or to fight different gym leaders or any of that shit. People need to stop misleading people to try to make this game look bad like it's the opposite and totally **** Pokémon Go, it isn't. Say it with me "This game is Pokémon Yellow with THE Pokémon Go catching mechanic (not mechanicS) & QOL improvements".

Btw, do you say that the Resident Evil 2 remake isn't Resident Evil and feels nothing like Resident Evil 2 at all just because they changed the dogshit camera system in that game too?
I'm not trying to make the game look bad, just correcting the statement that suggests this is a "normal" Pokemon game, unless you expand that definition. If you played all the Pokemon games up until June 2016, then woke up today to play Let's Go you would really notice the differences and its a lot more than changing the camera. There are a tonne of QOL improvements like you mention though (no HMs, Ride Pokemon, no random encounters). Pokemon Go is an enjoyable game that is always improving and Lets Go is fun too. But it does tell you something when all the hype was happening for the launch trailer that Gamefreak quickly had to clarify that this isn't a core series game and that was coming in 2019.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
1515 posts
1268 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
For those wondering if it's 49.97 for pokemon let's go pikachu and pokemon let's go eevee... Yep. Each are 49.97

Also, if it shows just pikachu edition.. Ask them if they have eevee in the back, they have them (got eevee today when they only had pikachu on the rack)
Dec 10, 2007
888 posts
244 upvotes
Toronto
None on the rack at Downsview location :(
Dec 24, 2009
770 posts
262 upvotes
Quebec City
Stephleref wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 5:06 pm

lolwut? I'm not trying to make this game bad, I just say it's not the same of regular pokemon games that we got within the last decade. If you have to defend a game with so much vigor, I feel sad for you.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7906 posts
941 upvotes
None at Vaughan Colossus and Richmond Hill, verified in their system and physically in their Merchandise Pickup room.

Richmond Hill said they had three copies earlier but someone came in and bought all three >:(
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7033 posts
1901 upvotes
I have both versions of the game. Pikachu's are abundantly easy to catch even right outside the first town in the Viridian City forest area.
I have yet to encounter a wild Evee in both versions of the game.

If you have the PokeBall plus accessory/controller you can only redeem Mew one time. You would need 2 of them to redeem Mew in each game.

Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2004
9572 posts
90279 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

There is no more at the Bridge, Brossard, Candiac and Boucheville.

Ju Leon...
[OP]
Jan 15, 2013
176 posts
96 upvotes
Midland, ON
daviiiiiid wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 4:07 pm
ACTUALLY, there is a weird policy at most costcos. Some may be more lenient, but from my experience. they let you RETURN without invoice, but you cannot price adjust without invoice. So go in store, purchase one at the better price, and return it as a "no invoice" purchase that is recorded on your account from a previous date.
I’m not sure about this policy but they let me do it today without the game and without the receipt. They didn’t even hesitate when I asked if they could price adjust but the way they did it was to refund me for the original purchase and then charge me again for one at the new price, all without having the game or the receipt there. Perhaps they did it that way to get around this policy but they had no issue doing it for me when I asked for a price adjustment.
Feb 19, 2010
427 posts
97 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
None left at Costco in Port Coquitlam. Figures. It was $80 when I was there this past weekend.