Hot Deals

[Costco] Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu - Nintendo Switch - $49.97

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2019 9:15 am
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1789 posts
300 upvotes
Game is quite cute and addictive. Granted I'm a serious pokemon go player who has played very little "real" pokemon games - but I couldn't get into those games at all; played Sun for a few hours before losing interest. This one was quite fun to play. Throwing mechanics is generally excellent and better yet, there are 3 different ways to do it so if you don't like one, choose another. The "real" pokemon games are completely archaic to me and that's not unique to them - there are lots of games I played in last 30 years that I wouldn't want to play today because it'd be a chore. Whether it's worth the money is a different question, but it's a Nintendo/Pokemon company game and those are not cheap and rarely go on any kind of sale so...
May 10, 2006
70 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
Really wanted this game so I hit up quite a few costco locations in the GTA area trying to find a copy. Sad to say they had no copies at these locations:
Etobicoke
North York
Scarborough
Woodbridge
Vaughan
Brampton

Then finally I found a ton of copies of Let's Go Eevee at Mississauga Heartland! They had probably 40 left as of 7p.m. tonight. Hope this helps someone also hoping to snag a copy.
Images
  • UBMoDRt.jpg
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
3457 posts
585 upvotes
whileheavenwept wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 7:55 pm
Really wanted this game so I hit up quite a few costco locations in the GTA area trying to find a copy. Sad to say they had no copies at these locations:
Etobicoke
North York
Scarborough
Woodbridge
Vaughan
Brampton

Then finally I found a ton of copies of Let's Go Eevee at Mississauga Heartland! They had probably 40 left as of 7p.m. tonight. Hope this helps someone also hoping to snag a copy.
Wow that is dedication, must’ve taken most of the day. I relish in the thrill of the hunt too.
Are you a new parent and looking for freebies for your newborn, go here:
Freebies for your Newborn
Updated December 2018
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
1289 posts
1004 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
whileheavenwept wrote:
Etobicoke
North York
Scarborough
Woodbridge
Vaughan
Brampton

Guys, remember, those papers do not reflect actual stock. Sometimes you see many available but ends up being all gone.. The opposite works as well, make sure to ask the backroom people where they keep the electronics *even if they tell u if there's no cards in the rack, then must be out*
Last edited by junglemage666 on Jan 8th, 2019 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 12, 2016
48 posts
67 upvotes
BC
Surrey Costco had no copies, anyone have any luck at any other lower mainland costcos in BC?
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7893 posts
926 upvotes
boonjaca wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 8:04 pm
Wow that is dedication, must’ve taken most of the day. I relish in the thrill of the hunt too.
No kidding, especially considering how bad traffic is this afternoon/evening is in the GTA because of the rain, there's a good couple of hours of driving there even if they took the 407.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
1089 posts
230 upvotes
Vancouver
Bought it on release date.

Kids play Pokemon Go and saved up for a few months for this. I doubt it even broke 5 hours play time thanks to Zelda; now that's an amazing game.
Mar 18, 2017
23 posts
10 upvotes
THISisKROD13 wrote: Just threw out my receipt this past week because apparently I wasn’t thinking. Anyone know if I can do a price adjustment without a receipt?
In my experience, they won’t do price adjustment without receipt but they will allow you to return it and re-buy the product at the lower price.
Nov 30, 2011
127 posts
23 upvotes
Montreal
I have 15+ eevees in the pikachu version; you get them in between celadon and the town with the safari zone towards the middle.
Nov 19, 2017
499 posts
1188 upvotes
Toronto
whileheavenwept wrote:
Etobicoke
North York
Scarborough
Woodbridge
Vaughan
Brampton

The amount of gas and time you spent trying to look for this, you could have easily bought it at SDM today for $63.99 after the 20% coupon.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
3973 posts
3047 upvotes
Sensnation wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 8:48 pm
In my experience, they won’t do price adjustment without receipt but they will allow you to return it and re-buy the product at the lower price.
Easy loophole that the return counter lady suggested... Just buy the new item at the lower price, bring it over to returns, ask them to look up the previous purchase and return it at the higher price. No need to bother with receipts or anything.
May 10, 2006
70 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
boonjaca wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 8:04 pm
Haha it did turn into a bit of a mountain to climb after the first 2 costcos proved empty. Luckily heartland had some because I was on the brink of giving up and probably wouldn't have tried any others. I started at about 3pm and didn't finish until 7. So about 4 hours worth.
OVOSound wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 9:01 pm
The amount of gas and time you spent trying to look for this, you could have easily bought it at SDM today for $63.99 after the 20% coupon.
Yeah I realize that, luckily I had my work vehicle and it was a very slow day. No gas or time wasted on my end as I had nothing else to do while at work. Not many work days like today where I have that luxury though.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7893 posts
926 upvotes
whileheavenwept wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 9:12 pm
Yeah I realize that, luckily I had my work vehicle and it was a very slow day. No gas or time wasted on my end as I had nothing else to do while at work. Not many work days like today where I have that luxury though.
Lucky. Hey for the Vaughan location, did you just check for the cards or did you ask them to check their system inventory or the merchandise pickup room? I might be able to hit up the Vaughan location tomorrow, if you only checked for cards then I'm going to ask them their system inventory there. I know the Woodbridge location is blank as I went there myself this evening.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2005
2332 posts
356 upvotes
GTA
question, why is this game discounted so much when it just came out?
FS: Old school Nintendo Consoles
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=675445
FS:Sharp GF-777Z Classic Boombox Retro Ghetto Blaster 80s - the Holy Grail!
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=631904
ACTION 52 Nintendo NES Multi Game (COLLECTORS ITEM)
action-52-nintendo-nes-multi-game-colle ... st13164059