• Jan 21st, 2019 9:15 am
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
1910 posts
838 upvotes
Ontario
OVOSound wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 9:01 pm

The amount of gas and time you spent trying to look for this, you could have easily bought it at SDM today for $63.99 after the 20% coupon.
whileheavenwept wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 9:12 pm

Haha it did turn into a bit of a mountain to climb after the first 2 costcos proved empty. Luckily heartland had some because I was on the brink of giving up and probably wouldn't have tried any others. I started at about 3pm and didn't finish until 7. So about 4 hours worth.

Yeah I realize that, luckily I had my work vehicle and it was a very slow day. No gas or time wasted on my end as I had nothing else to do while at work. Not many work days like today where I have that luxury though.
You must work for the city
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
1666 posts
189 upvotes
daviiiiiid wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 4:07 pm
ACTUALLY, there is a weird policy at most costcos. Some may be more lenient, but from my experience. they let you RETURN without invoice, but you cannot price adjust without invoice. So go in store, purchase one at the better price, and return it as a "no invoice" purchase that is recorded on your account from a previous date.
At Brampton Steeles location You can price adjust but it has to be in stock. So if they sell out of the game before u get their then they won't adjust.

Another weird thing I found out... You can't buy stuff that was returned by other customers if it is not currently in stock. A lady was returning Christmas cards that I knew from RFD were on clearance for $6.97 I wanted to buy them but Costco lady said she couldn't sell them to me because they had no stock on the floor.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
1666 posts
189 upvotes
superfresh89 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 9:05 pm
Easy loophole that the return counter lady suggested... Just buy the new item at the lower price, bring it over to returns, ask them to look up the previous purchase and return it at the higher price. No need to bother with receipts or anything.
My Costco will always refund me the lowest price on my account
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
4824 posts
3990 upvotes
iamdman wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 5:13 pm
That's part of the loophole. They can't search for same-day purchases, so the lowest price will always be the older one.
Dec 24, 2009
889 posts
349 upvotes
Quebec City
aZian_ wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 10:11 pm
question, why is this game discounted so much when it just came out?
It didn't sell as well as it was planned. I don't think it's the rdr2 effect in that case but rather a poor planning to put it so close of super smash bro. Or people did really read reviews this time around.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2004
2168 posts
653 upvotes
GTA
iamdman wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 5:13 pm
My Costco (Heartland) gives me a hard time. Even if the item is in stock, they say they will only pricematch if it is within two weeks of my purchase. So now have years of Costco receipts that I save and pull out to return the brand new item I buy at the lower price. As much of a pain as this is, it is still miles better than Amazon which won't adjust anything ever.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2004
3511 posts
2164 upvotes
MercadorHG wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 3:33 pm
Great price for a recent Nintendo game. However, be warned that not your normal Pokemon game; my daughter played with it only one or two hours and got bored out.
This game is for 30 and 40 somethings to relive their childhood. Just like Pokemon Go, most kids don't bother or care because kids now have major ADD and the grindy nature of Pokemon doesn't interest them.
Jan 1, 2018
416 posts
532 upvotes
whileheavenwept wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 9:12 pm
Haha it did turn into a bit of a mountain to climb after the first 2 costcos proved empty. Luckily heartland had some because I was on the brink of giving up and probably wouldn't have tried any others. I started at about 3pm and didn't finish until 7. So about 4 hours worth.

Yeah I realize that, luckily I had my work vehicle and it was a very slow day. No gas or time wasted on my end as I had nothing else to do while at work. Not many work days like today where I have that luxury though.
Someone call HR!!! lol just kiddingFace With Tears Of Joy
Ahh the feeling I get when I've saved some money...more money for the more important things!
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
1818 posts
369 upvotes
EDMONTON
I got the pokeball bundle at release, you are better off with just the joycon. The pokeball thing is so stupid.... and I play pokemon go
RFD Etiquette:
- If you are going to shoot down a deal by referencing an expired sale or past deals, please provide us with a working time machine!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
9743 posts
4415 upvotes
My kids want to try this game and at this price id grab it. Its worth the 50?
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
Buy first think later!
Dont tell wife!
Deal Addict
May 4, 2005
2455 posts
91 upvotes
Winkle wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 1:06 pm
They didn't, they just had the cards, if you bought one then you got one of the last copies. I went there and they said they ran out awhile ago and took the cards down, there was another guy with me there who paid with the cards and they had to refund us at merchandise pick up. Looks like GTA's been cleared of stock, there's nothing left in Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Vaughan area etc.
I was able to get a Pikachu on Friday in Brampton and they had 1 Evee left. I had to ask at the merchandise pick up and they had to take a look for what Switch games they did have in the room
Sep 30, 2009
163 posts
67 upvotes
brampton
Any more copy’s Brampton or close by?
Jan 17, 2019
3 posts
Winkle wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 6:45 pm
None at Vaughan Colossus and Richmond Hill, verified in their system and physically in their Merchandise Pickup room.

Richmond Hill said they had three copies earlier but someone came in and bought all three >:(
Not sure if someone had returned a copy but I was able to pick up one from Vaughan Costco on Monday (Eevee).
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14158 posts
3205 upvotes
I noticed Smash Bros was also no longer available at the Costco I went to, so that may have been cleared out.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!