Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Polar Extreme Universal Windshield Cover with Side Covers $21.99 / $14.99 In store

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 4th, 2023 9:39 am
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1170 posts
1016 upvotes

[Costco] Polar Extreme Universal Windshield Cover with Side Covers $21.99 / $14.99 In store

This looks like it would be useful for anyone who parks their vehicle outdoors in the winter and doesn't have remote start.

Considering this to be a hot deal because:
  • I did not know this product even existed. I park my vehicle outside in the winter so scraping snow & ice is a real pain.
  • comparable product goes for $39.99 USD at Costco.com.

Note: This looks to be a newer product (only 1 review, left 4 days ago...) but at $21.99 + Costco return policy, I'll happily be a test dummy this winter and report back on its performance.

Edit: Available $14.99 in-store
Last edited by 1theguy1 on Nov 5th, 2020 3:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
48 replies
Jan 19, 2017
893 posts
1056 upvotes
Kitchener
Does anybody have any input on how easily/frequently these are stolen?
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1170 posts
1016 upvotes
rtookey wrote: Does anybody have any input on how easily/frequently these are stolen?
From product description:
"Anti-theft wing flaps keep the cover in place, preventing development of frost and ice on the windshield"
Dec 2, 2019
300 posts
731 upvotes
I also park my vehicle outside and use this alomgwith some spray from Costco (to melt any ice faster). Both items when used together, will make (winter) life easier for you. Also, If you have remote start in your vehicle, then it is even better. :)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6949 posts
7524 upvotes
BC
rtookey wrote: Does anybody have any input on how easily/frequently these are stolen?
It would hopefully be difficult since part of the material is inside your vehicle. I don't know how easy it would be to pull the material out with the doors closed, but hopefully there is something built into the inside portion of the material that makes it thicker which would prevent this from being possible.

With that being said though, I go ghetto and just use a piece of cardboard on my windshield. Before turning your vehicle off when parking, turn your wipers on and then shut the vehicle off when the wipers are in the midway position so they stop there and then will hold the cardboard in place.
SindbadRFD wrote: I also park my vehicle outside and use this alomgwith some spray from Costco (to melt any ice faster). Both items when used together, will make (winter) life easier for you. Also, If you have remote start in your vehicle, then it is even better. :)
I'm sure the spray is effective but also may cause your windshield frame to rust prematurely.
Last edited by SizzleChest on Oct 28th, 2020 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Read store exceptions before combining discounts with cash back sites
-HomeDepot clearance prices are not shown on stocktrack or HD.ca
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Jul 3, 2017
232 posts
354 upvotes
YYC
I have a quilted unit bought off Amazon a couple of years ago and the cover is held in place with tabs on left and right side that tucks into the front doors (like a small wing) plus a elastic loop that goes around the front mirrors. Unless you cut off the tabs, unlikely to be stolen. The one I have have silver side for summer use (reflect light) and black for winter use (absorb heat). Extra magnets on the bottom helps to keep it in place on windy days (if you have steel hood and not aluminum ones).

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B079HQ ... UTF8&psc=1

This is definitely time saver if you park your car outside in winter for sure and minimize time spent on snow clearing and ice scrapping.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2008
1953 posts
829 upvotes
I've been using this product for 5+ years and love it. I just cover the windshield when I get home from work, pull it off in the morning and no issues.
Just scrape down the side windows and go.

I'd recommend it. The only issue that I've found is where to put the cover when not in use, since it will typically be wet.
I hang it over my sons hockey net to dry out. Once dry, I roll it up and throw it in the back seat. The odd time, the wind will pick it up and blow it away.
The other issue is that the stretchy cords that tie around the mirrors have broken, so I just open each door and tuck it in.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1272 posts
765 upvotes
Anyone seen this for cheaper in store?
THE CHILDREN ARE FINE!!!
Jun 18, 2005
379 posts
1441 upvotes
Pretty sure these were around 12 bucks in-store last year.
Mar 11, 2013
811 posts
812 upvotes
Brampton
I believe the warehouse has one without the side mirror covers for around $14.
Mar 20, 2005
520 posts
220 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm just imagining trying to peel this frozen, iced-over cover from my windshield in -30, uttering some choice words while doing so. Seems good for dry snow, anyone have experience using these with 'messy' snow and ice conditions?
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Genblue wrote: I've been using this product for 5+ years and love it. I just cover the windshield when I get home from work, pull it off in the morning and no issues.

I'd recommend it. The only issue that I've found is where to put the cover when not in use, since it will typically be wet.
I hang it over my sons hockey net to dry out. Once dry, I roll it up and throw it in the back seat. The odd time, the wind will pick it up and blow it away.
The other issue is that the stretchy cords that tie around the mirrors have broken, so I just open each door and tuck it in.
Is it water repellant? If so you can shake off before storing in the truck to drive off for apartment dwellers.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6949 posts
7524 upvotes
BC
Triple_Eh wrote: I'm just imagining trying to peel this frozen, iced-over cover from my windshield in -30, uttering some choice words while doing so. Seems good for dry snow, anyone have experience using these with 'messy' snow and ice conditions?
Unless the cover is made of a cloth type material, I don't think it would be a problem. Any sort of plastic/vinyl material that sheds moisture shouldn't stick. Coating the side of the material that contacts the windshield with a light layer of wax should help too.
-Read store exceptions before combining discounts with cash back sites
-HomeDepot clearance prices are not shown on stocktrack or HD.ca
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2731 posts
2375 upvotes
GTA
Genblue wrote: I've been using this product for 5+ years and love it. I just cover the windshield when I get home from work, pull it off in the morning and no issues.

Have you had to remove this after freezing rain? How is that like? Theres some on ebay or amazon that include magnets for the hood/ top of the car, would you think would be a better choice than this one?

Ex:
https://www.amazon.ca/Windshield-Snow-C ... 466&sr=8-5
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
3363 posts
1990 upvotes
it was 11.99 in store a year ago
The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Usenet
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1384 posts
576 upvotes
Triple_Eh wrote: I'm just imagining trying to peel this frozen, iced-over cover from my windshield in -30, uttering some choice words while doing so. Seems good for dry snow, anyone have experience using these with 'messy' snow and ice conditions?
Yes, I bought the one without the side-mirror covers from Costco about 2 years ago.
From experience, it's still better than having a exposed windshield.
Here in Toronto, I've experienced more wet snow, or snow that melts during the daytime high and freezes as the day turns to night.
Like one RFD member said, I normally still need to scrape the windshield for little groupings of ice that melted and froze all over.
Overall it's not perfect product where you can take it off and expect a completely clear windshield, but I want to say this has saved me time and effort during the worst of winter days in Toronto.
Jun 3, 2007
579 posts
211 upvotes
Scarborough
LyGuy wrote: Anyone seen this for cheaper in store?
It is 14.99 in store
Mar 27, 2012
357 posts
335 upvotes
416 to the 905
Made of waterproof durable material
***First Hour of my day starts with RFD and a Coffee....then I start my actual Work Day***
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
9135 posts
7090 upvotes
West GTEH!
crispwolf wrote: It is 14.99 in store
Thanks. Will check to see if it's at my local Costco.

Anyone try this on their back window?
😎
Jun 26, 2012
3 posts
2 upvotes
STRATFORD
^ Not yet.. but might not be a bad idea.. have to try, someday..

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)