Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Portable Danby Air Conditioner 14000 btu $399.99 (today only)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2020 3:10 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12018 posts
108512 upvotes
Ontario

[Costco] Portable Danby Air Conditioner 14000 btu $399.99 (today only)

Today only

single hose.

*Please, we dont need another single hose vs dual hose debate*

160.jpg
161.jpg
163.jpg
162.jpg
Images
  • 160.jpg
  • 161.jpg
  • 162.jpg
  • 163.jpg
Last edited by Thatdealguy on Jul 21st, 2020 2:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
53 replies
Mar 6, 2018
69 posts
151 upvotes
This deal goes on at the beginning of the summer too. The online ratings are just okay, 3.5ish/5. I had one for 1 summer and it worked great at keeping my place cool. Was pretty loud, not sure the noise that would be expected.

Anyways, great resale value on AC units. Bought one last summer for $399 + tax and sold on Kijiji this summer for $400.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
3627 posts
3738 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Enjoying peace before the "single hose sucks" crowd shows up Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1298 posts
1415 upvotes
Abbotsford
willy0275 wrote: Enjoying peace before the "single hose sucks" crowd shows up Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Its no so much the single (or double) hose that sux.

But rather the huge difference between portable unit efficiency vs window installed units. As in 14000btu is really only 8000btu for the portable units.
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2014
5163 posts
6950 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Lava hot AC defeats the purpose no?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29048 posts
14591 upvotes
DanielM491 wrote: Its no so much the single (or double) hose that sux.
I mean... single hose is better than no hose (ie no AC) but if I had to pick one of the two, I'd get dual hose.
It doesn't suck in hot air from other rooms.
But rather the huge difference between portable unit efficiency vs window installed units. As in 14000btu is really only 8000btu for the portable units.
Now... if I had a choice of a window unit (I don't, stupid casements) I'd definitely go for a window unit.

Then again... if I could pick anything I'd probably get a mini split.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29048 posts
14591 upvotes
er34er34 wrote: Lava hot AC defeats the purpose no?
This deal blows
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
3627 posts
3738 upvotes
Montreal, QC
DanielM491 wrote: Its no so much the single (or double) hose that sux.

But when you can't install a window unit at home because your window is incompatible, that argument doesn't apply. It's a bit like saying backyard pools suck when you own a condo.
Last edited by WillyBaldy on Jul 20th, 2020 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1479 posts
3447 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
er34er34 wrote: Lava hot AC defeats the purpose no?
More like ICE COLD DEAL OP, but only because it’s an A/C. Face With Tears Of Joy

I’ve had mine for about 3 years now and it’s still one of the best purchases I’ve made from Costco for my apartment.

I did have to switch it out because the first unit I got was defective but that was within the first month.
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
2077 posts
2628 upvotes
vancityguy0 wrote: More like ICE COLD DEAL OP, but only because it’s an A/C. Face With Tears Of Joy

I’ve had mine for about 3 years now and it’s still one of the best purchases I’ve made from Costco for my apartment.

I did have to switch it out because the first unit I got was defective but that was within the first month.
Is it loud ?
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 6GB UNLIMITED CARP voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1479 posts
3447 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
GammaRayFort wrote: Is it loud ?
It’s not silent. But it’s quiet enough to sleep in my bedroom with the unit placed in my living.

Doesn’t sound like a lawn mower or a vitamix, but doesn’t sound like a squeaky clean fan either.

So, define silent. Upside-down Face

The best thing to do would be to try it.
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
Nov 21, 2010
900 posts
459 upvotes
Canada
willy0275 wrote: Enjoying peace before the "single hose sucks" crowd shows up Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Honestly, I don't see two much of a difference between my 1-hose Danby (the one above) and my two-hose Haier. Best is box-window style if your windows support it before it not, these are better than nothing.
Aug 21, 2011
204 posts
156 upvotes
These and others will be online for $199 or less after labour day, I mean if you’ve waited this long... wait a couple weeks and then price protect when it drops to final clearance
May 26, 2010
152 posts
82 upvotes
Thornhill
Going to return mine as it came defective and Danby customer service is off due to covid
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
2761 posts
1314 upvotes
Toronto
GammaRayFort wrote: Is it loud ?
I picked one up a month ago and it is not loud for an AC. Sure, there's noise because it's still a piece of machinery. All AC units are make noise. There's no getting away from that. I have had no problems sleeping with it on. Especially since it keeps the room cool.

This thing is HEAVY!! I was able to fit it in the backseat of my Mazda3 (the whole box; it just fit). It was tough to take it out of my car though. I left it at the front door, took it out of the box, and needed my wife's help to lug this thing upstairs.

Oh, one tip that I didn't know. Cut off the white straps and the whole box will lift up and reveal the AC unit just like how TV boxes are. I only realized it after I used a pair of pliers to pull off all of the staples from the box.
Last edited by ds2chan on Jul 20th, 2020 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12018 posts
108512 upvotes
Ontario
nico29 wrote: These and others will be online for $199 or less after labour day, I mean if you’ve waited this long... wait a couple weeks and then price protect when it drops to final clearance
never had 14,000 BTU for $199.
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
7359 posts
7813 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought this last year to replace my old 8k unit that I bought refurbished for $170... Wanted 14k and wifi.. used it last season and just returned it a couple weeks ago. My old 8k refurbished (they're both single hose) does a much better job cooling the room it's in.

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)