Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

PowerPlay Spyder 2000 PSI Pressure Washer $189

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2021 11:25 am
Nov 12, 2018
104 posts
488 upvotes
Ottawa

[Costco] PowerPlay Spyder 2000 PSI Pressure Washer $189

Came across this unit as most pressure washers under $200 are out of stock or cheap crap.

With the price being about $50 less than that of the 2030, I believe this is a hot deal!

It's basically a Costco Rebranded Powerplay 2030 as specs are almost identical apart from 30 psi.

The Powerplay 2030 has very good reviews too, see below across multiple sites:

https://www.amazon.ca/Powerplay-SPY2030 ... B06XDND2HM
https://www.rona.ca/en/powerplay-power- ... -330063807
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/powe ... 9870p.html
Thread Summary
Looking for more options? Check out RFD Reviews' list of the best pressure washers!
48 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
3361 posts
1989 upvotes
for a pressure washer, GPM is the key.
The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Usenet
Nov 12, 2018
104 posts
488 upvotes
Ottawa
bogolisk wrote: for a pressure washer, GPM is the key.
Should have put that in the title, thanks!
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18196 posts
36555 upvotes
Scarborough
I've been waiting for another Ryobi ~$100 pressure washer deal but this one is tempting. Seems like a pretty well reviewed unit with more a bit more power and you get the Costco return policy for extra peace of mind.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Jan 7, 2008
73 posts
165 upvotes
Any thoughts about this one vs the Sun Joe SPX3000? I bought the Sun Joe, but it is unopened so thinking about returning it for this one. TIA.
Aug 4, 2015
50 posts
37 upvotes
Montreal, QC
What does this mean in regards to this particular unit, yea or nay?
Feb 3, 2019
406 posts
479 upvotes
Damn.. ordered 1. Ty OP.... gotta sell my Ryobi now
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2005
2104 posts
406 upvotes
haven't done any research on pressure washers and GPM. this one is 1.2 Gal/min...is this considered good?
Feb 6, 2019
215 posts
124 upvotes
I picked up the Kobalt for $99.
https://www.rona.ca/en/kobalt-corded-pr ... 4-46835063

Is 300 psi more worth the price jump? Same GPM (would like a little more). With the Kobalt you get a rotary nozzle and one fan (40°?).

The Spyder has a hose management system, on board soap. The Kobalt had no wire/hose management and the soap is used like a nozzle (replaces wand extension)
Last edited by melias2 on May 13th, 2021 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2012
3083 posts
1086 upvotes
Toronto
Murkdx wrote: Damn.. ordered 1. Ty OP.... gotta sell my Ryobi now
What's wrong with the ryobi one?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
7545 posts
6814 upvotes
calamitoso wrote: What does this mean in regards to this particular unit, yea or nay?
sumrandomguy wrote: haven't done any research on pressure washers and GPM. this one is 1.2 Gal/min...is this considered good?
1.2gpm is relatively low.

This unit will do alright for an electric unit, but not fantastic. Depends what your goal with it is.
Oct 19, 2010
171 posts
62 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Looking for a secondary pressure washer for washing cars and cleaning the deck occasionally. Wondering If I should pull the trigger on this? Have my larger gas one for bigger jobs but hate hauling it around to wash the cars.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2005
2104 posts
406 upvotes
hvc wrote: 1.2gpm is relatively low.

This unit will do alright for an electric unit, but not fantastic. Depends what your goal with it is.
will it be sufficient to pressure wash an aging fence and restore it back to like-new? i guess i could compensate by using a more narrow tip?
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10537 posts
11427 upvotes
Toronto
sumrandomguy wrote: will it be sufficient to pressure wash an aging fence and restore it back to like-new? i guess i could compensate by using a more narrow tip?
Nope. This won't do that. If you know how to strip properly, you can get close but not like new.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
7545 posts
6814 upvotes
sumrandomguy wrote:
will it be sufficient to pressure wash an aging fence and restore it back to like-new? i guess i could compensate by using a more narrow tip?
Anikiri wrote:
Nope. This won't do that. If you know how to strip properly, you can get close but not like new.
yeah..don't listen to this guy.

for wood, this is more than enough - don't use a "narrow" tip otherwise you're going to ruin your wood. Stick with 15-25deg keeping your nozzle far from the wood and use a fluid sweeping motion (don't stutter/stop/etc - start off the panel, sweep up and off, then come back down, or do a fanning motion) to avoid marking (with dents) the wood - it won't come out.

where this will fall short is cleaning concrete and stuff like that - it'll work, just will take some effort/time as it's not powerful enough.
May 12, 2013
27 posts
12 upvotes
Vancouver
hvc wrote: where this will fall short is cleaning concrete and stuff like that - it'll work, just will take some effort/time as it's not powerful enough.
How much PSI / GPM would you feel comfortable with for cleaning concrete? I'd rather not deal with gas if I could so electric would be ideale.. suggestions on models would be appreciated.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)