Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

PowerPlay Spyder 2000 PSI Pressure Washer $189

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2021 11:25 am
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
7545 posts
6814 upvotes
chrislim604 wrote: How much PSI / GPM would you feel comfortable with for cleaning concrete? I'd rather not deal with gas if I could so electric would be ideale.. suggestions on models would be appreciated.
Honestly you're going to need Gas if you want to quickly clean concrete. This one will work on concrete will just take longer - the kobalt turbo head works well on concrete, and that one is 1700/1.2

You'll want 2-3k psi and 2.5+ gpm to clean concrete efficiently and effectively, and you pretty much can't get that from electric. But, if you're doing your driveway once a year, electric will do.
Dec 13, 2018
208 posts
190 upvotes
Used a ryobi electirc 1800 psi to do my deck and driveway. Took half the day but it got the job done.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4267 posts
5185 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I have a nearly 20yr old Simoniz crappy S1500. Bought it thinking in 2 or 3 years, I'd upgrade it when it failed. It is still going strong. I've used it to strip 2 double garage floors that were painted with oil based paint (prior to applying epoxy coating), and I use it every other year to clean all the stains left on my concrete stairs and balcony from the tree sap and water dripping off the roof edging. It works, as long as you are patient, don't put nozzle to close to surface (I typically use around a 20degree spread). If stripping stuff like paint, you will need to get in at an angle, to get the just to get underneath any layers. Unit has been abused and the thing just keeps working. Only thing has failed is the onboard soap dispenser (I just haven't had time to look at it), and the trigger sometimes sticks, so you need to slap the handle to have it stop. Minor details for a 20yr old crappy unit, I never expected to last past 2 or 3 years.

For the concrete cleaning of balcony, I also typically take a bucket, add a little dawn liquid, and use a brush to lightly agitate and work into the surface. Leave it for 5 minutes to soak, and then powerwash it. Looks new after it's done.

Old unit like this one:
Oct 1, 2006
109 posts
161 upvotes
It's been this price forever. It goes in and out of stock. I bought it a month ago when it came back in stock. It works well, and all the cords are really long which is great. Everything store neatly on the unit. It is heavy enough not to tip, but light enough I just carry it to where I want it. I had a some hose based foam from CT and put it in the foam gun and it works great. The spray is not as powerful as I expected, but it does the job of cleaning my cars.
Feb 3, 2019
406 posts
479 upvotes
ashihtaka wrote: What's wrong with the ryobi one?
hvc wrote: 1.2gpm is relatively low.

This unit will do alright for an electric unit, but not fantastic. Depends what your goal with it is.
1.2 gpm is fine. I use it for washing cars and its enough. I use the MATCC foam cannon with it, works wonders!

My only problem is because of my long driveway, I prefer the item to have wheels I can pull around vs this ryobi I have to carry when going 1 side to the other.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
7545 posts
6814 upvotes
Murkdx wrote: 1.2 gpm is fine. I use it for washing cars and its enough. I use the MATCC foam cannon with it, works wonders!

My only problem is because of my long driveway, I prefer the item to have wheels I can pull around vs this ryobi I have to carry when going 1 side to the other.
yep, washing cars, cleaning decks, etc., even concrete (albeit slowly), that's why I said it depends what you want to do with it.

I'd say electric pressure washers are more than adequate for majority of homeowner uses. nine and a half times out of ten you don't need a 2.5gpm/3k psi gas powered unit.
Nov 12, 2018
104 posts
488 upvotes
Ottawa
Murkdx wrote: Damn.. ordered 1. Ty OP.... gotta sell my Ryobi now
Hey no problem, glad I can help at least one person!
Dec 9, 2009
263 posts
82 upvotes
Does anyone know or has tried if it can clean windows/vinyl siding of 2nd storey house (does it reach far and strong enough to take the dirt off). I used to have 1500psi but it hardly could reach/wash off eavestroughing of 2nd storey when pointed at ~90 degree angle...is mainly my requirement.
Jun 2, 2017
347 posts
213 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Deciding between this and the Sun Joe 2030 Max from Home Depot.

I use a hand-me-down Karcher that’s like 500 psi which is way better than what I get with my hose, don’t get me wrong. It’s good rinsing the car but that’s about it. Also it has a weird attachment that cannot be fitted with m22 and/or other quick disconnect tips. Used it to clean vinyl sidings of my garage and once it dried up, looks like nothing happened.

So those are my use case; should I go with this one and have Costco’s peace of mind or the Sun Joe?
Sr Software Eng | Dad | sneakerhead | everything Apple | AV enthusiast | 5.2.4 Home Theatre | Tesla Owner
Dec 9, 2009
263 posts
82 upvotes
greatauroro28 wrote: Deciding between this and the Sun Joe 2030 Max from Home Depot.

I use a hand-me-down Karcher that’s like 500 psi which is way better than what I get with my hose, don’t get me wrong. It’s good rinsing the car but that’s about it. Also it has a weird attachment that cannot be fitted with m22 and/or other quick disconnect tips. Used it to clean vinyl sidings of my garage and once it dried up, looks like nothing happened.

So those are my use case; should I go with this one and have Costco’s peace of mind or the Sun Joe?
The product that only meets your requirements - logical to purchase that meets your needs rather than preferring the store (costco) or brand name that does not meet. CS101
Nov 3, 2013
874 posts
1639 upvotes
Regina, SK
MrMello wrote: I bought the SunJoe below yesterday after Home Depot price match (final price was 190ish + tax).

This one has slightly better PSI and GPM.
4.3 of 5 start / 7K reviews.

https://www.amazon.ca/Joe-SPX3001-Elect ... B00LX8Z03K ($219 - same price at Walmart)
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/sun-jo ... 1000832582 ($264)
I noticed HD's policy says they won't beat online only stores. They did beat it by the 10% for you though?
Dec 4, 2017
447 posts
611 upvotes
Whitby
dethrock wrote: I noticed HD's policy says they won't beat online only stores. They did beat it by the 10% for you though?
Correct... Both Walmart and Amazon had the some price. Not sure which one I us d for the PM.
Aug 13, 2006
893 posts
727 upvotes
Ottawa
rahmiel wrote: Any thoughts about this one vs the Sun Joe SPX3000? I bought the Sun Joe, but it is unopened so thinking about returning it for this one. TIA.
I initially bought this one but ended up with Sun Joe. For whatever reason Spyder 2000 PSI quit on me on second use. My be I am unlucky and just got a lemon but the fact remains the same: I had to take it back to Costco and got Sun Joe SPX3001 2030 instead. It's gonna be second year and so far so good. Anyway I am too small of sample to make a judgment about quality.
Nov 3, 2013
874 posts
1639 upvotes
Regina, SK
MrMello wrote: Correct... Both Walmart and Amazon had the some price. Not sure which one I us d for the PM.
Appreciate the response, thank you!
Feb 1, 2009
558 posts
907 upvotes
Toronto
Anikiri wrote: It's a Ryobi.
I bet you own a t-shirt with Armani written in big letters across the chest.
Jan 8, 2017
407 posts
114 upvotes
mike_dera wrote: Does anyone know or has tried if it can clean windows/vinyl siding of 2nd storey house (does it reach far and strong enough to take the dirt off). I used to have 1500psi but it hardly could reach/wash off eavestroughing of 2nd storey when pointed at ~90 degree angle...is mainly my requirement.
In same boat any pros can recommend which one is better for carwash, walkway, driveway, widows, garage doors, concrete walls ?
May 7, 2010
811 posts
253 upvotes
Toronto
I bought this powerplay spyder model the year before last and had to return it. It was a great little unit and I was very impressed with it, but two of the casters shattered just rolling it across my deck the very first day. I came across this thread while keeping an eye out for a SunJoe 3001. That still seems to be the sweet spot for price/performance and positive user experience.
Dec 27, 2006
489 posts
239 upvotes
Canada
Just got mine delivered. I'll let you guys know how it is.
Dec 27, 2006
489 posts
239 upvotes
Canada
The actual machine is pretty small and it comes with 4 wheels so it's easy to move around. It feels like good quality but it's mostly made out of plastic, so I can see this breaking in a year or two. Power wise, it's barely enough to reach 2nd floor windows so if you want to go any higher it might be a problem.

Let me know if you have any specific questions and I can try to answer

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)