• Feb 7th, 2021 12:09 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
1546 posts
1432 upvotes

Costco Price Adjustment

Does Costco still do price adjustment?

The stuff I bought last week is now having a sale but I threw the receipt away.

I don't wanna buy the same thing and go to return counter to return right away. Can I just walk up to the return counter and tell them what I bought last week and do the price adjustment?
14 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18752 posts
6797 upvotes
Toronto
Ya should be fine. They can pull up your receipt from your membership.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2011
1751 posts
751 upvotes
I've done this twice in the last few months. Saw something I bought the week before on sale. Go to the return desk, just tell them what you bought and roughly when, they can look it up and do the adjustment.
-----------------------------------------------------

"It's better to be dead and cool...than alive and uncool!"
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3901 posts
2434 upvotes
Vancouver
As long as membership is active, they can look up old transactions. Just give them a rough time and they will look it up.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8041 posts
1663 upvotes
sherman51 wrote: I've done this twice in the last few months. Saw something I bought the week before on sale. Go to the return desk, just tell them what you bought and roughly when, they can look it up and do the adjustment.
Oshawa and Markham East If I remember correctly won't do this. Not sure about other locations
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
2704 posts
2328 upvotes
K-W/Guelph
EPcjay wrote: Oshawa and Markham East If I remember correctly won't do this. Not sure about other locations
Yeah some locations like to make their own rules.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8714 posts
1659 upvotes
In the past Ajax wouldn't do it either without a receipt.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35549 posts
21605 upvotes
Center of Universe
Yes and helps to have the receipt to speed things up.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
2592 posts
491 upvotes
Vancouver
Yes but at least my Costco requires the receipt otherwise they won't do. So now I hold on to all receipts for at least 30 days.

Saw an item that I bought was being cleared out. I asked if they will do a price adjustment but they said I needed the receipt.

Had to drive back to get the receipt was kinda a pain but it was $35 cheaper so worth it and I did it same day before it was gone and then maybe they would have said sorry now sold can't price adjust.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8714 posts
1659 upvotes
xiaobao wrote: Yes but at least my Costco requires the receipt otherwise they won't do. So now I hold on to all receipts for at least 30 days.

Saw an item that I bought was being cleared out. I asked if they will do a price adjustment but they said I needed the receipt.

Had to drive back to get the receipt was kinda a pain but it was $35 cheaper so worth it and I did it same day before it was gone and then maybe they would have said sorry now sold can't price adjust.
In the future just buy the clearance one and return it with the higher receipt. Save the trip for next time.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
2592 posts
491 upvotes
Vancouver
Frankie3s wrote: In the future just buy the clearance one and return it with the higher receipt. Save the trip for next time.
That thought did cross my mind but that day I decided to walk to Costco since I did not need to many items and figured it would be too much of a pain to find parking.
Nov 3, 2008
281 posts
210 upvotes
National Capital Reg…
Did price adjustment recently at a GTA location and was told it is 14 days only. Supervisor made "one time exception" as I was few days over. I was told before it was 30 days (similar to posters saying above). They insisted it is 14 days only, and did not explain when policy changed. Not sure whether it is indeed a new policy or the location made their own rules. I guess I will just do re-buy and return going forward... wasteful, but faster and less hustle anyway. Always thought 30 days was reasonable, but 14 days... no thanks.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
3180 posts
15975 upvotes
NCR-Manchester wrote: Did price adjustment recently at a GTA location and was told it is 14 days only. Supervisor made "one time exception" as I was few days over. I was told before it was 30 days (similar to posters saying above). They insisted it is 14 days only, and did not explain when policy changed. Not sure whether it is indeed a new policy or the location made their own rules. I guess I will just do re-buy and return going forward... wasteful, but faster and less hustle anyway. Always thought 30 days was reasonable, but 14 days... no thanks.

I couldn't find it on Costco.ca, but I found this.

https://priceadjust.ca/merchants/costco ... nt-policy/
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
3234 posts
3257 upvotes
GTA
NCR-Manchester wrote: Did price adjustment recently at a GTA location and was told it is 14 days only. Supervisor made "one time exception" as I was few days over. I was told before it was 30 days (similar to posters saying above). They insisted it is 14 days only, and did not explain when policy changed. Not sure whether it is indeed a new policy or the location made their own rules. I guess I will just do re-buy and return going forward... wasteful, but faster and less hustle anyway. Always thought 30 days was reasonable, but 14 days... no thanks.
It's not wasteful (except for your time) if you return the unopened item with the old receipt.