[OP]
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21129 posts
5813 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton

Costco Price Adjustment Survey?!

I recently received a letter in the snail mail from Costco:

"Our records indicate that you received a price adjustment on (date) at the Costco (store location). In an effort to maintain a high level of member service, we would appreciate if you would take a moment to tell us about your visit and the service you received."

- Signed by a "Sales Auditor"

It has a survey rating various aspects of the price adjustment experience.

This is just for a $4 price adjustment. Seriously? This is almost suspicious, that they would go to such effort, including a stamped return envelope, over such a small transaction.

Has anyone else received these surveys? Is acknowleding it somehow a trap??
- casual gastronomist -
4 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
11254 posts
4501 upvotes
Call them, see if it's legit
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Oct 22, 2016
936 posts
858 upvotes
Comox Valley
I have received at least three of these letters, through the years. It is legit.
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2002
1720 posts
529 upvotes
I once got a $8 gift card in the mail from Costco, because a pair of headphones I bought 3 months prior in New Jersey dropped in price.

I didn’t request it, so anything’s possible with Costco.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5302 posts
3769 upvotes
Vancouver
These are generally legit. You can ask them at customer service the next time you are there to be sure but Costco does send these survey every so often. Its not based on how much your adjustment/refund is but rather just random sample to see if your experience was good/bad.