Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Price error - Beautyrest Platinum Oakdale Queen Mattress with boxspring $480

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 27th, 2022 9:09 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2144 posts
876 upvotes
Ottawa
The mattress only is 15" while the box spring although not specc'd appears to be about 12" from the online photos (that's only a guess from me)

Why wouldn't you use your existing box spring if this mattress is simply a replacement?
yadda, yadda, yadda
Jan 5, 2006
426 posts
773 upvotes
Hamilton
pauldryan wrote: The mattress only is 15" while the box spring although not specc'd appears to be about 12" from the online photos (that's only a guess from me)

Why wouldn't you use your existing box spring if this mattress is simply a replacement?
I think the boxspring is 9". Beautyrest boxsprings appear to only come in 5" low profile and 9" high profile.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2634 posts
2653 upvotes
Montréal
Is the king less of a good deal thinking about upgrading size
Sep 28, 2012
154 posts
272 upvotes
I got the mattress with the box spring. Do I need to buy that metal frame with wheels separately? or people use as-is?
Thanks!
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12265 posts
6059 upvotes
So is the king posted for 599 a good deal are they matching a price error with that one also or just a normal sale?
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Aug 10, 2010
367 posts
80 upvotes
Guelph
av10000 wrote: I got the mattress with the box spring. Do I need to buy that metal frame with wheels separately? or people use as-is?
Thanks!
Pretty sure it is recommended to use a steel frame just in cases like flooding or so the mattress does not move around and to make it a nicer looing bed in general
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1042 posts
423 upvotes
Mississauga
If the mattress is 15" + another 6 or 9 inches of the box spring, that's a very high IMO.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7726 posts
1193 upvotes
GTA
Thanks OP. We needed a new mattress so have ordered and will try this one.
john.canad wrote: shows $399 now
$399 without boxspring. $479 with boxspring.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
4000 posts
6256 upvotes
I wonder how many people bought a mattress thinking it's a price error when they actually may not have bought it without seeing this post.

The price is the same, it probably wasn't a price error.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2017
1149 posts
929 upvotes
john.canad wrote: shows $399 now
That's for the mattress only.. pretty sure it was always $399

For the person asking about whether you need a frame, you would need a frame. Someone posted this cheap one earlier but I am not a fan:
https://www.amazon.ca/Platforma-Mattres ... 42568&th=1

If you go with the mattress only, and then spend the difference on an Ikea slat style frame, you'll get a better looking bed. No box spring needed.

Here's Ikea options... shipping was 40 dollars to my house but depends on location:
https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/cat/full-que ... eds-16284/
Images
  • beds.PNG
Nov 24, 2003
420 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
Jordanferras wrote: That's for the mattress only.. pretty sure it was always $399

If you go with the mattress only, and then spend the difference on an Ikea slat style frame, you'll get a better looking bed. No box spring needed.
Alternative: We moved into a place where we couldn't get the queen box springs down the stairs to the basement (where our spare room was), but the bed we had needed a box spring. I built a platform from 2x4's and plywood, painted it white, and used it in a frame that had no slats. It took all of about an hour to build and was actually a pretty decent option.
Feb 14, 2017
336 posts
198 upvotes
Definitely get a bed frame! I put my mattress on the floor for a few months after moving and it got a bit of mole on it. I was in a basement so maybe that’s why but not worth risking it with your new bed.
Sep 22, 2021
3 posts
2 upvotes
I Ordered too. Once someone receives the delivery please post here the quality of the mattress as the reviews in the Costco look fake, so we can cancel the order if the quality is very bad..lol
Nov 8, 2010
266 posts
56 upvotes
Burnaby
If we buy this and it isn't comfortable.
Does Costco arrange for somebody to come pick this up from your house?

Like everybody else, I've been googling everywhere and there are no reviews.
My current bed is too hard/firm for me even with a 2inch memory foam topper as my butt just completely sinks down on to the mattress.
I am about 162lbs.
Jul 24, 2012
928 posts
181 upvotes
For those who already received the mattresses, do they set a delivery date and call you to confirm the day before?
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2014
1690 posts
2312 upvotes
GPS - error
I'm going to look at our 2 existing queen mattresses,- one says Serta Jubilation and I *think* it's from Jysk, but rarely used and in good shape,
and the other one I think is the Sears one possibly King Koil (the one where it was a great deal and came with a box spring I didn't need) ...

That one isn't in a great shape but apparently they come with 10 year non pro rated warranty so I should check what warranty it would have :)
Apr 18, 2008
109 posts
20 upvotes
Edmonton
anyone receive a shipping confirmation yet?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
6905 posts
5822 upvotes
thesubmitter wrote: Is the king less of a good deal thinking about upgrading size
King is good if you need/want the space, but everything else about king is more expensive. Bed Frames, king size pillows, linens, etc.

So, "upgrading" from Queen to King involves more expense than just the mattress.