Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Price error - Beautyrest Platinum Oakdale Queen Mattress with boxspring $480

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 27th, 2022 9:09 pm
Jul 4, 2020
9 posts
8 upvotes
Would anyone be so kind to share their invoice for their purchase of just the mattress? I purchased both the boxspring and mattress and wanted to change it to just the mattress so Customer Service told me I could deny delivery for the boxspring and would be issued a partial refund after the fact.

Now that it's after the fact, they're now only offering me a $10 refund instead of the $80 like I was told based on what their database which shows that the price difference at the time was only $10.....So scummy....

Please help!!
Sep 2, 2011
364 posts
75 upvotes
Ottawa
Waysway wrote: Would anyone be so kind to share their invoice for their purchase of just the mattress? I purchased both the boxspring and mattress and wanted to change it to just the mattress so Customer Service told me I could deny delivery for the boxspring and would be issued a partial refund after the fact.

Now that it's after the fact, they're now only offering me a $10 refund instead of the $80 like I was told based on what their database which shows that the price difference at the time was only $10.....So scummy....

Please help!!
Queen or king? (I got the King...lmk)
Jul 4, 2020
9 posts
8 upvotes
goaliegirl6060 wrote: Queen or king? (I got the King...lmk)
It was the queen! After an hour phone call, the supervisor eventually honored what I was previously told after digging up my previous ticket # (luckily I wrote this down somewhere on my little notebook) but shocks me that their database is showing that the price differential is only $10....

It was a pretty poor experience with customer service, as I actually previously had spoken with the same supervisor and before the call ended his remark to me was that I am 'not off to a good start' with my new membership as I've called 'so many times' already in regards to this purchase...

Anyone know who I can take my experience up to? He's already a supervisor....Felt like I was being belittled and was accused of taking advantage of price errors....
Aug 11, 2007
289 posts
138 upvotes
Sophy75 wrote: I ordered 1 king and 3 queen mattresses for my family and they all came in different firmness levels. So confused! We all tried each other's and there's a huge difference! The king and one queen is soft, the other two queens are firm. I checked the labels and there's no difference between them. Not sure how to explain to Costco.

Anyone else who ordered more than one found this issue?
I have the King and it's unbearably soft. Want to rule out that it's not an issue with my bedframe, but will likely have to send it back.
Dec 26, 2013
53 posts
330 upvotes
Toronto
I called Costco to exchange mine as after just one month of use one side was substantially softer than the other and the whole thing was too soft in general. From others experiences I was willing to take a chance that mine just might've been defective.

Less than a week later Costco delivered the new mattress and took back the old one, the new one is SUBSTANTIALLY firmer. I'd actually consider it to be a firm mattress. I'm sure it will break in a bit over the next month or so, but it's definitely much firmer than what the previous one was on day 1. Very happy I did the exchange.
Nov 8, 2010
266 posts
56 upvotes
Burnaby
Berber wrote: I called Costco to exchange mine as after just one month of use one side was substantially softer than the other and the whole thing was too soft in general. From others experiences I was willing to take a chance that mine just might've been defective.

Less than a week later Costco delivered the new mattress and took back the old one, the new one is SUBSTANTIALLY firmer. I'd actually consider it to be a firm mattress. I'm sure it will break in a bit over the next month or so, but it's definitely much firmer than what the previous one was on day 1. Very happy I did the exchange.
I feel like mine is too soft too.
I sleep right in the middle and it seems like there's a ditch/curve in where I sleep. The foam doesn't seem to recover at all.
If I sleep in a different position, half my body will be slumping into the original spot and half will have better support.

Does it feel like mine is defective like your original one?

I am 60 days in, if I exchange mine, does my 90 day get reset?
I hope if I exchange for a new one that it'll be better.
Dec 26, 2013
53 posts
330 upvotes
Toronto
Xeph820 wrote: I feel like mine is too soft too.
I sleep right in the middle and it seems like there's a ditch/curve in where I sleep. The foam doesn't seem to recover at all.
If I sleep in a different position, half my body will be slumping into the original spot and half will have better support.

Does it feel like mine is defective like your original one?

I am 60 days in, if I exchange mine, does my 90 day get reset?
I hope if I exchange for a new one that it'll be better.
Sounds similar, I'd go for the exchange, no harm in trying.

Not sure the 90 day period you're referring to. Costco has indefinite returns but 30 day exchange, however they made an exception for me to exchange it as I told them I could just return and rebuy it but its probably way more straightforward to do the swap in one go.
Nov 8, 2010
266 posts
56 upvotes
Burnaby
Berber wrote: Sounds similar, I'd go for the exchange, no harm in trying.

Not sure the 90 day period you're referring to. Costco has indefinite returns but 30 day exchange, however they made an exception for me to exchange it as I told them I could just return and rebuy it but its probably way more straightforward to do the swap in one go.
Did you do the return through online or did you go through the store?

I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if they can ship me a new one and see if the guys can take it back.
Dec 26, 2013
53 posts
330 upvotes
Toronto
Xeph820 wrote: Did you do the return through online or did you go through the store?

I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if they can ship me a new one and see if the guys can take it back.
I coordinated the exchange over the phone
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3588 posts
4029 upvotes
A month ago some back pain and shoulder pain developed. I didn't make big deal of it.

But last night, as I was turning, noticed that the area I am sleeping in has sunk a little that when turning to the middle point of the bed its like climbing a hill. Never in my life of having mattresses that I have seen a mattress degrade that fast.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
May 23, 2017
111 posts
36 upvotes
pseudo wrote: bought a casper mattress from a casper store..
The mattress did not fully expand.. portion was dipped (probably the glue did not dry before vacuum sealing it).

Casper arranged the pick up with 1800 got junk and will be sent to a transfer station. no one would take it as a donation due to covid.
did the 1800 got junk company give you a receipt for pickup? i left my mattress outside for pickup and they did not leave any proof, so I'm worried that casper will not refund me. what was the return process like for you? thanks in advance!
Dec 28, 2010
23 posts
10 upvotes
I've used this mattress for a few months and it's starting to sag and it's just too soft. My sleep quality is worse and I've been getting aches some mornings. I'm planning on returning it.

Anyone have any recs for firm mattresses from Costco? I'm still leaning toward a coil mattress, and I'm thinking I might prefer one without a topper. The Kirkland Stearns and Foster seems to get good reviews, but it still has a topper. I guess as long as it's firm, I'm OK with a topper.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
11833 posts
2656 upvotes
Try contact Simons for warranty, they should have a guideline on foam sagging. In the future, look for a mattress with as little foam layer as possible, this mattress has over 6 inches of foam. You can easily buy a mattress topper replacement from $30 to $300.

This may be a good one but check the spec to make sure it has at least 800 firm coils or 900+ regular 8" coils
https://www.costco.ca/beautyrest-sterli ... 25971.html

This one goes on sale for 699 to 799 regularly. It is a very firm bed, you can adjust the softness with different toppers. I found the coils in this mattress has more squeak noise than Simons but very comfortable. A memory form topper will insulate most of the noise.
https://www.thebay.com/product/sealy-se ... 45251.html
jordanhoek wrote: I've used this mattress for a few months and it's starting to sag and it's just too soft. My sleep quality is worse and I've been getting aches some mornings. I'm planning on returning it.

Anyone have any recs for firm mattresses from Costco? I'm still leaning toward a coil mattress, and I'm thinking I might prefer one without a topper. The Kirkland Stearns and Foster seems to get good reviews, but it still has a topper. I guess as long as it's firm, I'm OK with a topper.
People around you may have weaken immune system (or live with one). Wear a mask if possible, especially if you have cold symptoms.
Dec 28, 2010
23 posts
10 upvotes
Thanks! I was looking at that Sterling Thurston, I'm considering it. And I'll keep an eye out for sales on that Sealy one you linked!
Apr 10, 2003
230 posts
129 upvotes
Ottawa
in the market too - if you find anything on the Sterling please post - is this mostly foam as I am trying to move away from foam ?
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
11833 posts
2656 upvotes
Based on this, the Thurston has 825 coil count, it may not have enough support if you are on the heavy side. Costco web site also says the firmness rating is "Plush" but their spec may not be accurate. Unfortunately Costco doesn't have other Beautyrest pocketed coil tight top. Costco is not a good place to buy mattress anyway, try go to places like the Bay, Sleep Country where you can actually to try and feel them. Just keep in mind that you want a firmer base with less foam. You can always adjust the softness with different toppers later. it is a lot easier to replace, gift, donate, garbage a topper than a mattress.
https://casavogue.ca/en/product/reynold ... s-copie-2/

FRANKIE wrote: in the market too - if you find anything on the Sterling please post - is this mostly foam as I am trying to move away from foam ?
jordanhoek wrote: Thanks! I was looking at that Sterling Thurston, I'm considering it. And I'll keep an eye out for sales on that Sealy one you linked!
People around you may have weaken immune system (or live with one). Wear a mask if possible, especially if you have cold symptoms.
Apr 20, 2018
147 posts
99 upvotes
Called Costco to haul it away. Sags badly.
Jan 5, 2006
432 posts
778 upvotes
Hamilton
Aelanord wrote: Called Costco to haul it away. Sags badly.
Did you have any issue with returning it given the amount of time that has passed? I'm debating trying to return mine as well because of sagging.
Apr 20, 2018
147 posts
99 upvotes
No, their customer service processed my request. Waiting to get an appointment from their contractor to haul it away. Might take a few weeks.
Aug 11, 2007
289 posts
138 upvotes
Just sent in a request to return mine. This thing retains heat like crazy, it's just not usable in the summer.