Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Price error - Beautyrest Platinum Oakdale Queen Mattress with boxspring $480

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 27th, 2022 9:09 pm
Jun 12, 2010
599 posts
983 upvotes
Biscayne05 wrote: Laughable, cute comments.

How about you come to my door and pick it up? Not so easy isnt it?

And no, I do not purchase from stores who does not have liberal return policies. It didnt work, it must go. Youre not 70 yr old arent you? We're in 2021, even bed in a box companies haul it back.

Nope. Try again.
Cool story bro, stay mad. It doesn't change that most brick and mortar shops don't accept returns on mattresses. Some do exchanges. The bed in a box companies generally don't "haul it back", they just take it to a landfill. Only in some cases are you lucky enough for them to be donated.

Honestly if you act like a raging chihuahua over the phone when calling Costco I'm not at all surprised that nobody wants to take it from you. Have fun seething and waiting forever buddy.
Oct 20, 2012
403 posts
117 upvotes
What does this mean? Costco continues to sell and to ship with "errored" price?
Aug 31, 2010
282 posts
498 upvotes
Frankdood wrote: Who else got the $80 price error from Sears back in the day? I did, bed is still amazing
I ended up getting mine for free!
[OP]
Oct 30, 2019
730 posts
1571 upvotes
Fraser Valley
verybo wrote: What does this mean? Costco continues to sell and to ship with "errored" price?
They published the wrong price in their September issue of their magazine which gets distributed to all Costco members. The Costco executive team decided it was better to bite the bullet rather than piss everyone off.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
6942 posts
5877 upvotes

And no, I do not purchase from stores who does not have liberal return policies. It didnt work, it must go. Youre not 70 yr old arent you? We're in 2021, even bed in a box companies haul it back.

Nope. Try again.
moving a mattress to a truck, then to the store? Yeah pretty easy.

Ideal? No, but it's that or continue complain while you wait for Costco to rectify - decision is yours lol. Either way, Costco's return policy on mattresses is more lenient than any other physical store that I'm aware of. Most, if not all, physical mattress stores won't take returns, and if they do it's store credit only. The only ones offering refunds is the online mattress retailers within a set-limit (e.g. Casper, Endy, etc.)
Jun 13, 2019
90 posts
158 upvotes
Biscayne05 wrote: You agreed? So you werent refunded?

I think youre mistaken.
I agreed to the previous post that the return process can take awhile and I was refunded.
Jun 19, 2009
52 posts
67 upvotes
How do you buy a mattress without trying on it?
Does anyone know this mattress is firm or plush?
Feb 18, 2019
569 posts
790 upvotes
I really can't comment on the quality / price, but as others have said, all reviews are fake (every single one). They're collected from influenster.com, which essentially just gives people free stuff in exchange for reviews. Guess what happens if you stop giving positive reviews? They stop sending you free stuff... Can't really use the whole "Costco will return anything" argument either since I really don't think most people are going to go to the trouble of returning a mattress.
Aug 5, 2016
129 posts
90 upvotes
waterloo
fox1996 wrote: How do you buy a mattress without trying on it?
Does anyone know this mattress is firm or plush?
Costco website says its "medium" firmness.
Sep 28, 2008
601 posts
612 upvotes
dotCody wrote: Bought 2 old mattresses are 16 and 20yrs old respectively
Why would you ever buy a 2 decades old mattress?
Nov 7, 2007
328 posts
15 upvotes
Dealsleecher wrote: True. I tried a mattress from Douglas mattress and it wasn't a for me. I did the 120 nights trial and returned it. It was picked up by a 1-800 junk truck and I was told it will be donated to a shelter.
bought a casper mattress from a casper store..
The mattress did not fully expand.. portion was dipped (probably the glue did not dry before vacuum sealing it).

Casper arranged the pick up with 1800 got junk and will be sent to a transfer station. no one would take it as a donation due to covid.
May 13, 2011
194 posts
138 upvotes
Scarborough
Medellin wrote: Why would you ever buy a 2 decades old mattress?
Probably forgot to put a period.
dotCody wrote: Bought 2. old mattresses are 16 and 20yrs old respectively
Mar 29, 2006
284 posts
170 upvotes
Thanks OP. Ordered one.

I didn’t read through, but anyone know if this is available in store for immediate pick up?
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
3127 posts
12769 upvotes
Saint-Eustache
Frankdood wrote: Who else got the $80 price error from Sears back in the day? I did, bed is still amazing
Good old days, i got it too
Rogers Unlimited Province, 12gb $39/month!
Jun 22, 2011
70 posts
34 upvotes
ST CATHARINES
Is this available in Warehouse too or only online?
Apr 9, 2019
143 posts
73 upvotes
If it's anything like their pillows, then this is worth nothing.
Apr 5, 2010
929 posts
203 upvotes
Costco mattresses online are marked up +$150 because it includes delivery. So cash and carry price of this mattress would be around $500 from a warehouse location.

I picked up their other Sealy model queen size early summer for $420. It's not very good tbh. The same mattress is advertised $700 on costco.ca because it includes delivery.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
3048 posts
3828 upvotes
Langley

Nope. Try again.
Next time, buy it from Bricks or Sleep county Canada. I hear they have great customer service.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1879 posts
6396 upvotes
Calgary, AB

Nope. Try again.
You're the reasons costs are higher for all of us, to pay for your return entitlement.