• May 16th, 2020 10:19 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Aug 27, 2011
355 posts
17 upvotes
Edmonton

Costco Price Protection?

Hi everyone. So basically I bought this lawn mower online last year in june from Costco for $500+tax and now the same lawn mower as you can see is on sale for $300+tax. I love this lawn mower and definitely want to keep it so how can i save $200? Should i call costco for price adjustment or should i return the one i been using and order this one for lower price?
https://www.costco.ca/lawnmaster-60-v-m ... 52511.html
16 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
2756 posts
1957 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
(c) none of the above.

You've had the thing for almost a year. Certainly not eligible for any price protection, nor should it be. Don't be one of THOSE people.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
11390 posts
7806 upvotes
GTA, ON
OP cannot as per their website:
Costco.ca will gladly issue a credit for the difference between the price paid and the current lower price if your purchase was made online at Costco.ca and placed within 30 days prior to the change in the price of the item.
Also, as @ALLCAPS has said, don't be one of THOSE people. OP bought the mower last year in June 2019. Come on... If it was within the last 30 days I'd say go for it. Even within the last 60 days... but 10 months?
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Dec 30, 2009
193 posts
28 upvotes
Montreal
I didn't see the date. Yikes, it's been a year.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2016
1939 posts
3351 upvotes
Toronto
Don't do it.. This is same as " I bought a BMW 3 years ago and the 2017 model is now 50% off the MRSP. Can I request a price adjustment? ". You've used it last year and you've benefited from it.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
3369 posts
1983 upvotes
Edmonton
Just left Costco and when passing the customer service/returns desk, I saw a dead tree on one of the flatbed carts. There are a lot of those people. Got me to thinking how old that tree was and if they even took care of it.
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
11390 posts
7806 upvotes
GTA, ON
starchoice wrote: Just left Costco and when passing the customer service/returns desk, I saw a dead tree on one of the flatbed carts. There are a lot of those people. Got me to thinking how old that tree was and if they even took care of it.
It should be:
"Sure, we'll refund you for the dead tree that you've obviously had for more than one season, and that you likely killed out of neglect. Oh, just to let you know, we reserve the right to cancel your membership or not renew it upon expiry. THANK YOU, COME AGAIN."

Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2664 posts
1332 upvotes
B.C.
chimaican wrote: It should be:
"Sure, we'll refund you for the dead tree that you've obviously had for more than one season, and that you likely killed out of neglect. Oh, just to let you know, we reserve the right to cancel your membership or not renew it upon expiry. THANK YOU, COME AGAIN."
Has that ever happened?

Doesn't Costco go back on their suppliers for any returns?
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
4271 posts
2490 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
I just got back from Costco, an older lady was returning solar lights. I overheard they were purchased in 2017 and she was told they don't have a lifetime warranty. They would accept the return this one time.
😱
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
11390 posts
7806 upvotes
GTA, ON
b0ne wrote: I just got back from Costco, an older lady was returning solar lights. I overheard they were purchased in 2017 and she was told they don't have a lifetime warranty. They would accept the return this one time.
As an aside, solar lights should be brought inside and put into storage during the winter. The cold temperature is not good for the batteries, and of course the winter weather will be harsh on the finish.

Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15578 posts
13184 upvotes
Richmond Hill
GanJa786 wrote: It went out of stock so quick Crying Face
You are a gem!!!
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
2207 posts
1683 upvotes
Mississauga
Grabbed two - thanks OP
Deal Fanatic
May 15, 2016
6498 posts
2177 upvotes
GanJa786 wrote: Hi everyone. So basically I bought this lawn mower online last year in june from Costco for $500+tax and now the same lawn mower as you can see is on sale for $300+tax. I love this lawn mower and definitely want to keep it so how can i save $200? Should i call costco for price adjustment or should i return the one i been using and order this one for lower price?
https://www.costco.ca/lawnmaster-60-v-m ... 52511.html
Good thing they took the city of champions sign down. More like the city of losers.
Dec 24, 2012
181 posts
38 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
but the battery is so expensive, so the replacement costs can buy a new one. anyone knows the life expectancy of the battery ?