Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Prime Day/Costco: TCL 6-Series 55" - $500, 65" (Amazon only) - $649 (OOS) - HOT!!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2020 9:42 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4915 posts
3899 upvotes
Edmonton
Nikhilvoid wrote: True.

BTW, I love playing RDR2 on it but there's no way to get 5.1 audio from HDMI audio? I hooked up my HDMI cable from my 3080 but can only get stereo output.
When I watch 5.1 movies on Netflix I get proper 5.1 audio. My Netflix plays on Nvidia Shield, connected to TCL, and the TCL is connected to Vizio soundbar. All three HDMI.

There must be some issue from your 3080 to your TCL/Soundbar. With all the audio DRM it can be an annoying issue to deal with. Do some digging around on forums.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4388 posts
5923 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
fatestkid wrote: When I watch 5.1 movies on Netflix I get proper 5.1 audio. My Netflix plays on Nvidia Shield, connected to TCL, and the TCL is connected to Vizio soundbar. All three HDMI.

There must be some issue from your 3080 to your TCL/Soundbar. With all the audio DRM it can be an annoying issue to deal with. Do some digging around on forums.
Yeah, I think there's some issues with the Nvidia drivers. I get 5.1 audio fine from my Firestick.

I guess I'll have to use an optical cable, but my motherboard doesn't have an optical port, so I'll have to buy a soundcard with an optical cable. It's a bit irritating.
Apr 14, 2010
215 posts
57 upvotes
bought the 65" from amazon but changed my mind.
Brand new in box. Model 65R617-CA

If anyone in Vancouver interested pm me. Will sell at cost.760 Inc tax.
Nov 21, 2018
21 posts
3 upvotes
Any idea on when the 65" R635 should be back in stock at Costco and Amazon?
Currently, it is available only at Bestbuy at 1,299.
Aug 9, 2018
126 posts
56 upvotes
fatestkid wrote: Been using the TV for two weeks now and have been enjoying it. $650 was a killer deal for a 65" tv. Go the new software update yesterday which makes the menus a bit sleeker. Also added Apple airplay but I don't use it.

This is super bright and even in the "darker" setting it can feel too bright in a completely dark room. I added a led strip behind the TV for bias light which makes the experience better.

Compared to my 2018 Vizio M series, the picture on the TCL feels a bit more smeared. The Vizio looked more smooth. It might be the signal processing or the physical anti reflection layer on the TVs. The Vizio had slightly better blacks, but the TCL has way better/brighter HDR. Overall I am happy with both purchases. Funny I paid 850 for a 55" Vizio in 2018 and now paid $650 for a 65".
650? When did this go for 650. It is an insane deal. I paid like 1000 and it was still a good deal.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4915 posts
3899 upvotes
Edmonton
Prats06 wrote: 650? When did this go for 650. It is an insane deal. I paid like 1000 and it was still a good deal.
Prime day deal of the day. It was $650 for a few hours. Definitely a great deal.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
6068 posts
2427 upvotes
Canuckland
Watched the video a couple of times didn’t notice any huge dark spots
Nov 17, 2010
189 posts
150 upvotes
Just throwing this out to anyone that bought this tv: I need a longer power cord because I am using a mantle mount that requires an extra 3 feet or so. Has anyone replaced this power cord? I cannot find anything online that resembles the two prong female end that goes into the tv.