Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Prime Day/Costco: TCL 6-Series 55" - $500, 65" (Amazon only) - $649 (OOS) - HOT!!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2020 2:23 pm
Jan 26, 2010
353 posts
105 upvotes
Fusrodah wrote: How would they get your phone number? From Amazon or your credit card info? I didn't received any calls from CEVA.
It seems to be printed on the box shipping label from amazon.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2009
1159 posts
744 upvotes
Received my 55" from amazon a few days ago but didn't get it set up until yesterday.

Box came in good shape, no issues at all.

TV replaces a 10 year old Sony 40" 1080p unit in my kitchen, and I'm quite happy. A bit of vertical banding, but I think I can live with it pretty easily. I plug my laptop in to my TV all the time, and the only time I notice it is when my laptop is showing blank background. When I'm actually doing anything or watching anything, it's not noticeable. Maybe it would be noticeable for a hockey game, dunno.

For $500 as a kitchen TV, this is a great TV IMO.
Nov 24, 2018
56 posts
15 upvotes
Jamin3131 wrote: Spoke to them this evening. After they called Puro to confirm the status of the shipment (delayed due to size) they offered a discount for the delay. Sounded like $130 off with expected delivery moved to Monday. I haven't seen any updates on the price or tracking tho. Never dealt with amazon customer service so not sure when I'll get the credit. They were very nice though and hopefully the amount was correct lol.
I had the same issue,they didn't offer me that amount.
But they applied it very fast,I've got $70 credit.
Now the problem is I still haven't got my TV,order was placed on 13th OCT.(was sent by CEVA)
*After talking to another CS,they add $30 more for me.So now is $100.
Sep 15, 2017
49 posts
65 upvotes
Kelowna
saltsalt wrote: I had the same issue,they didn't offer me that amount.
But they applied it very fast,I've got $70 credit.
Now the problem is I still haven't got my TV,order was placed on 13th OCT.(was sent by CEVA)
*After talking to another CS,they add $30 more for me.So now is $100.
I didn't get my TV either, it was supposed to be here Friday and the weird thing is that on CEVA website it showed "out of delivery" in Calgary.. I live 8 hours from Calgary. They never called or try to contact me either.
Amazon tells me that I can ask the refund after Friday, at this point I really hope they delay the shipment to next week so I can have some money back too.
May 6, 2019
14 posts
4 upvotes
Alessio87 wrote: I didn't get my TV either, it was supposed to be here Friday and the weird thing is that on CEVA website it showed "out of delivery" in Calgary.. I live 8 hours from Calgary. They never called or try to contact me either.
Amazon tells me that I can ask the refund after Friday, at this point I really hope they delay the shipment to next week so I can have some money back too.
Same here, was scheduled for delivery Friday, called CEVA and they said the TV wasn't even in their warehouse in Calgary yet. No Idea when/if it'll even come.
Jan 1, 2016
20 posts
132 upvotes
Rocky View, AB
Forbesgasm wrote: Same here, was scheduled for delivery Friday, called CEVA and they said the TV wasn't even in their warehouse in Calgary yet. No Idea when/if it'll even come.
Similar issue here, Amazon customer service said if not received by Friday they would process refund or replace.
FYI only was offered $5 credit so far
Sep 15, 2017
49 posts
65 upvotes
Kelowna
isa2016 wrote: Similar issue here, Amazon customer service said if not received by Friday they would process refund or replace.
FYI only was offered $5 credit so far
$5?? That's ridiculous! We all placed the order on Oct 13th, I don't understand why some people can get up to $120 and others not.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2009
1138 posts
418 upvotes
Laval
Alessio87 wrote: $5?? That's ridiculous! We all placed the order on Oct 13th, I don't understand why some people can get up to $120 and others not.
Keep bugging them. I had a similar situation with another TV and it took me two different CSRs to get a 10% discount.
Nov 22, 2011
936 posts
207 upvotes
Got my TV today. Package was in perfect condition and the panel seems fine.
“Nothing harms me. But I know pain. I know pain. Sometimes I share it. With someone like you.” - Batman . . . . .
Sep 11, 2020
108 posts
119 upvotes
FalconR wrote: Got my TV today. Package was in perfect condition and the panel seems fine.
Same here , got the TV 65 today , I was sure I was gonna have to return it I kept on thinking I was gonna have some sort of panel issues . The panel delivers stunning crisp picture quality , however I wish I did not see that many DSE and banding videos and how to spot it as it is definitely there (DSE but no banding issues thankfully) when there is anything that involves blue sky , white snow , or clouds . I blame it on the delivery time( had too much time on my hands to educate myself about all that could go wrong with the TV) , sometimes ignorance is a blessing , my wife cannot notice anything and she is amazed by the TV . I will try my best not to focus on it as I strongly believe if I didn't read about it , I would definitely not have noticed it and would've been even more pleased as a result.

I have no plans on returning it because :

1- I do not wish to go through the hassle
2-There is no guarantee the replacement will be any better
3- For the price point I should just shut the hell up :)
I buy what I need , but mostly what I don't need #RFDlife
Sep 26, 2014
160 posts
69 upvotes
BC
Alessio87 wrote: $5?? That's ridiculous! We all placed the order on Oct 13th, I don't understand why some people can get up to $120 and others not.
Was suppose to get delivery on Monday. Chatted with Amazon CS and they were only able to offer $30. Tried asking for 10% but they said they can't because it was still in transit,
Dec 17, 2008
196 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
So finally received my TV (55") on Monday from amazon via Puro, confirmed with amazon CS and my refund was applied but takes 3-5 days to be processed. Did get an email confirming this too. First time around I did not receive one.

TV looks great, I wont be bothering with the screen tests as nothing obvious stands out at me and it's a massive upgrade from my old 43" LG.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4349 posts
5831 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Jamin3131 wrote: So finally received my TV (55") on Monday from amazon via Puro, confirmed with amazon CS and my refund was applied but takes 3-5 days to be processed. Did get an email confirming this too. First time around I did not receive one.

TV looks great, I wont be bothering with the screen tests as nothing obvious stands out at me and it's a massive upgrade from my old 43" LG.
Glad you're not noticing anything, but you should really do those tests. It takes a couple of minutes, but it will save you a lot of regret.

Once you see them, and you will if they're there, you can never unsee them
Sep 11, 2020
108 posts
119 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote: Glad you're not noticing anything, but you should really do those tests. It takes a couple of minutes, but it will save you a lot of regret.

Once you see them, and you will if they're there, you can never unsee them
Hence why it's better not to look for them haha.

If you need a test to actually see them , it simply means It wouldn't have bothered you before the test.

My advice would be to stick to your plan : Don't bother with what you cannot notice (unless of course you start noticing it from regular viewing)
I buy what I need , but mostly what I don't need #RFDlife
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4349 posts
5831 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
HotDealFreak wrote: Hence why it's better not to look for them haha.

If you need a test to actually see them , it simply means It wouldn't have bothered you before the test.

My advice would be to stick to your plan : Don't bother with what you cannot notice (unless of course you start noticing it from regular viewing)
No, but seriously, everyone should run the test. If you don't see it on the content you're watching right now, you might notice it on different kinds of content you watch later.

I have almost never caught the vertical bands on the Roku homescreen for example, but those bars will ruin any hockey game or nature documentary. And once you notice the bars in those two types of content, it will ruin everything else, too.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)