Costco promo card question

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2020 4:36 pm
[OP]
Feb 26, 2003
585 posts
39 upvotes

Costco promo card question

I purchased a new Costco membership in November that included an emailed $60 Costco.ca voucher, a $20 Costco.ca voucher for auto renewal of membership and a $10 Costco.ca just for joining. All need to be used with a minimum $100 purchase and have a time limit.
All 3 vouchers have exactally the same promo code so there is no way to select say the $60 or stack them. I test ordered $110 of coffee but it automatically picked the $10 voucher. To use them all I will have to make 3 $100 purchases?
Also I purchased a TV on Black Friday which included a $350 gift card but I was unable to add any of the vouchers.

The question is why was I unable to add this to the TV order and how do I pick the $60 voucher first.
3 replies
Sep 24, 2004
816 posts
389 upvotes
Scarborough
Here's my take: Since all 3 have the same promo code, you can pick only one. Which one will depend upon your minimum spend. So if you shop for $100 it picks the $10 card, but if you shop for $250 it'll pick the $60 card.

Now the question is once you use one of them, can you reuse the same promo code for the next purchase?. That'll probably depend on the fact that their system is keeping a track of how many times the same code can be used along with the minimum spend each time. So if you'd used the $100 card on say $100 worth of shopping, the next time you shop for $100 no discount will be applied, but if you shop for $250 the $60 card will be applied.

Keep in mind these are all fictitious amounts I picked up just to show how the system may be working.
[OP]
Feb 26, 2003
585 posts
39 upvotes
Thanks for the reply. I think I will give them a call. Nice to have the $60 off $100 but not if I have to go through another 2 vouchers one at a time to get to the $60
[OP]
Feb 26, 2003
585 posts
39 upvotes
sudesingh wrote: Here's my take: Since all 3 have the same promo code, you can pick only one. Which one will depend upon your minimum spend. So if you shop for $100 it picks the $10 card, but if you shop for $250 it'll pick the $60 card.

Now the question is once you use one of them, can you reuse the same promo code for the next purchase?. That'll probably depend on the fact that their system is keeping a track of how many times the same code can be used along with the minimum spend each time. So if you'd used the $100 card on say $100 worth of shopping, the next time you shop for $100 no discount will be applied, but if you shop for $250 the $60 card will be applied. Keep in mind these are all fictitious amounts I picked up just to show how the system may be working.

I called Costco and thought others with the same problem may be interested. Not sure why this happened but Costco gave me new promo codes for the vouchers. Now I can select any voucher for an online purchase. Vouchers cannot be stacked, one only per order.