Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Costco: Propane Patio Heater: $169.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 29th, 2010 10:57 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2006
1327 posts
68 upvotes
St. John's

[Costco] Costco: Propane Patio Heater: $169.99

I noticed this patio heater featured on the Costco website as a "Hot Buy"... literally!

[IMG]http://content.costco.ca/Images/Content ... 3cLL_v.jpg[/IMG]

Bronze Patio Heather with Wheels

[QUOTE]Give your evenings the added warmth and sleek styling of this bronze patio heater. Putting out 46,000 BTU’s, this heater is sure to heat a 2.4 m x 2.4 m (8 ft. x 8 ft.) area. Featuring wheels for portability, you can place this heater anywhere you please anytime. A stainless-steel burner and grid make this patio heater easy to clean and maintain.

Features:

Colour: Bronze
46,000 BTU
Manual ignition
Stainless-steel burner and heating grid
Includes a tip-over protection safety feature
2.4 m x 2.4 m (8 ft. x 8 ft.) heating area
Weighted base for stability
Uses a standard 9.1 kg (20 lb.) propane tank (not included)
Attached wheels for portability
CSA approved
Specifications:

Dimensions (L x W x H):
46 cm x 82 cm x 221 cm
(18.1 in. x 32.3 in. x 87 in.)
Weight: 20.9 kg (46.3 lb.)
Warranty: 1 year[/QUOTE]

Seems like a good deal, as long as you're ok with the bronze colour. For me, my patio furniture is brown, so I think it'll go fine. I was toying with a natural gas version, but I like that this one has wheels and can be moved around depending on my preference.

I also noticed the same (or at least similar) unit in stainless steel is priced at $259.99 also on www.costco.ca (I do believe this one is cheaper in store at $199).
16 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7637 posts
1578 upvotes
Toronto
Great deal if you like to contribute to global climate change by burning fossil fuel to heat the great outdoors!

Dumbest invention ever. Put on a sweater people!!
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
1410 posts
128 upvotes
Inno wrote: Great deal if you like to contribute to global climate change by burning fossil fuel to heat the great outdoors!

I can only assume you use a bike for your traveling purposes.....

Good price on the Heater, I seem to remember seeing one this weekend in the Home depot flyer that was cheap too!!

Winky
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7637 posts
1578 upvotes
Toronto
mrwinky wrote: I can only assume you use a bike for your traveling purposes.....

Good price on the Heater, I seem to remember seeing one this weekend in the Home depot flyer that was cheap too!!

Winky

How did you know about my bike? :lol:

Also, I have kids, so I care about the mess I dump on their future planet.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2006
1327 posts
68 upvotes
St. John's
Inno wrote: Great deal if you like to contribute to global climate change by burning fossil fuel to heat the great outdoors!

I didn't post this so we could have a discussion on global climate change. Rather, I posted it so that anyone looking for a patio heater could purchase one at this sale price.

I suggest you find another forum (or thread) to talk about the environment, granola, or whatever other things you may want.
Nov 12, 2009
336 posts
46 upvotes
Brampton
thanks great deal.
the cold weather is coming , so it is great to still enjoy the outdoors...
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
1410 posts
128 upvotes
trini_2_d_bone wrote: The Home Depot heater is $99.00 - Saturday only

Thanks Trini... I knew it was cheap when I was there last night and saw the flyer.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2006
1327 posts
68 upvotes
St. John's
trini_2_d_bone wrote: The Home Depot heater is $99.00 - Saturday only

Wow, that's cheap! Do you know if it's similar to this one?
May 5, 2009
175 posts
59 upvotes
There is a quality difference in these things. I haven't looked at these two models, but, I bought one at Rona a few years ago.

The thing was a chinese POS.

I would pay the extra for the Costco advantage, FWIW.
Jul 8, 2006
138 posts
2 upvotes
Barayolayosa wrote: I was toying with a natural gas version, but I like that this one has wheels and can be moved around depending on my preference.

Do you recall the price difference for the NG version?
Nov 30, 2005
605 posts
19 upvotes
Nowhere
I looked at these a while back, my thoughts are that bronze one will likely rust, I'd go with the SS version.
May 4, 2006
311 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
ZUnit wrote: I looked at these a while back, my thoughts are that bronze one will likely rust, I'd go with the SS version.

I know I'm bringing up old postings.. but really?? SS would be preferred so I can place the unit outside 365/yr??

I've always wondered if I can turn this thing on while it is lightly snowing in the winter........ Anybody have any thoughts on this??
[Ebay] 658-0-0
[Heatware] 1-0-0
May 5, 2009
175 posts
59 upvotes
These things run (like your BBQ) in any temp. Just don't expect to be sitting under it in your t-shirt, in the snow. If you've been to Whistler, the outside bars run them all year.
May 4, 2006
311 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
I haven't been to Whistler, how is the snow there compared to the snow in Toronto? Will it be able to withstand the snowstorms? I just want to know if I can leave this unit out all year round or should I store it indoors (in the garage) when not in use?? Will it rust easily because it's bronze not stainless steel? Does this make that difference??
[Ebay] 658-0-0
[Heatware] 1-0-0
Mar 31, 2005
477 posts
23 upvotes
Can I put this on my driveway during a snow storm to melt the snow? It sure beats bringing out the snow blower. :)