Shopping Discussion

Costco Propane - Skip the Line?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 19th, 2020 2:55 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2005
1410 posts
507 upvotes
er34er34 wrote: The benefit of Costco is you pay by amount you fill though, you don't pay a flat rate. So you are actually just buying the max flat rate then?
The Costco that I goto, did flat rate, then by weight and then flat rate again.

I almost walked off with my propane tank because I thought they were doing it by weight, so I gave them my tank to fill up and they gave it right back to me. I asked them if i get a receipt so I can go inside to pay and he said I have to pay first. Anyways my tank was empty regardless
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1969 posts
1323 upvotes
Hamilton
tew wrote: You never had to pay at the regular checkouts for propane refills, you could always pay at the Tire Centre (after they got rid of the cigarette booth). The only thing is now you have to tell them that's where you are going.
This is the correct answer to the question.
Aug 17, 2005
531 posts
53 upvotes
I went and got propane yesterday and the process as outlined above was super easy. (This was at the laird/ridgeway costco in mississauga) Drop off tank, wait for it to be filled, take receipt to tire centre, pay, show attendant your receipt, off you go. Rate for propane yesterday was 59 cents a litre. so my empty tank cost me about 8.70.