• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2016 4:50 pm
[OP]
Jun 18, 2015
246 posts
188 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Costco] PS4 Bundle Clearance [YMMV]

Just left the Costco at Port Coquitlam and noticed they had signs for the old PS4 Bundles.
These are the non-slim 500gb with two controllers but no games.
Priced at $299.97

Looked like there were still about 4 or 5 boxes left.
Extreme YMMV. I'm assuming they're clearing out their old stock.
Pretty good deal for a brand new console with an extra controller.
24 replies
Mar 9, 2010
928 posts
83 upvotes
good deal, but the issue is you are facing 79$ for a game...and also Ps4 should have a year and half before next console (usually nintendo launch theirs and 1 year after ps4 start something newer)

consider Nintendo switch is just on teaser.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2198 posts
838 upvotes
Scarborough
Eiyaya wrote: good deal, but the issue is you are facing 79$ for a game...and also Ps4 should have a year and half before next console (usually nintendo launch theirs and 1 year after ps4 start something newer)

There's at least 2 more years before PS5, considering Sony is launching PS4 Pro next month.
Tangerine
Simplii
Freedom Mobile
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2007
3752 posts
1047 upvotes
Very yymv.... I didn't see this in the Ontario costco that I was in...
RFD is bad for your wallet's health 😂
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6670 posts
3691 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
6o4boi wrote: Just left the Costco at Port Coquitlam and noticed they had signs for the old PS4 Bundles.
These are the non-slim 500gb with two controllers but no games.
Priced at $299.97

Looked like there were still about 4 or 5 boxes left.
Extreme YMMV. I'm assuming they're clearing out their old stock.
Pretty good deal for a brand new console with an extra controller.
Nice deal, fellow PoCo member!!!!!
If anyone requires an optical-out port (for high end headphones, Receiver, etc), the older model is the way to go, as it's been stripped out of the newer slim version.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2976 posts
821 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
do you have the SKU # for the bundle?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6723 posts
2900 upvotes
Canada
If you are paying $79 for games you are doing it wrong
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6723 posts
2900 upvotes
Canada
They just released PSVR and PS3 still gets new titles.

To suggest someone wait for PS5 (which had no announcement or even rumours at this point) is goofy.

Clearly anyone looking for a PS4 now isn't a release date console gamer either.

This is a good deal
Aug 28, 2014
10 posts
4 upvotes
BC
This is a good deal. I want a second PS4 for my upstairs TV, I'm hoping there are a bunch of second hand ones available after the Pro launches
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2012
1704 posts
787 upvotes
Narkham
anyone find this in toronto?
RFD: Rarely Finding Discounts on things I actually need
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12126 posts
3454 upvotes
CrazyJo82 wrote: Very yymv.... I didn't see this in the Ontario costco that I was in...
Helps the community to tell them WHICH Ontario Costco that is, so they don't bother going to look...
raspeed wrote: They just released PSVR and PS3 still gets new titles.

To suggest someone wait for PS5 (which had no announcement or even rumours at this point) is goofy.

Clearly anyone looking for a PS4 now isn't a release date console gamer either.

This is a good deal
Is PS3 still getting releases? i wondered, my kids are using my old PS3, and I buy the PS4 stuff for me. Any games I have got for them that were newer, were last year... of course, they are not into the latest and greatest anyhow. They are enjoying their super cheap Infinity and Dimensions stuff.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2006
1196 posts
129 upvotes
Eiyaya wrote: good deal, but the issue is you are facing 79$ for a game...and also Ps4 should have a year and half before next console (usually nintendo launch theirs and 1 year after ps4 start something newer)

Playstation Consoles are 6 years apart, at a minimum. The PS3 to PS4 gap was 7 years.

The PS4 was released in 2013. We won't see a PS5 console until at least November 2019, probably 2020.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
4149 posts
4603 upvotes
Ottawa
I'd argue that the 4K machines are going to push the release of a full fledged console release (PS5) even further.

"Hey guys, you know that 4K machine you bought a year ago? Yeah * it, we're releasing the Playstation 5 next year, sorry lol."

This is something Nintendo does, not Sony or Microsoft. Nintendo is doing the switch because the Wii U is a * D I S A S T E R. Anybody with a molecule of a brain cell could realize that.
Last edited by MrDisco on Oct 24th, 2016 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: language
Deal Addict
May 13, 2011
1340 posts
760 upvotes
Ajax
Item# is 1067325

None left in the GTA. Lady I spoke to said that only Ottawa had units available. Maybe someone in Ottawa can confirm?
Dec 7, 2006
375 posts
103 upvotes
Kanata
This is available in the Kanata location.
SKU is 1067325
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2007
3752 posts
1047 upvotes
that sucks... ottawa is too far of a drive to pick up the ps4...
RFD is bad for your wallet's health 😂
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2013
2400 posts
754 upvotes
New Brunswick
Seems that they are clearing to make move for PS4 Pro. We would probable never see a PS5 or Xbox Two since it seems that the Sony and MS are adopting the Apple model of iterations. Scorpio should be next gen XToot with 6 Tflops vs Xbone 1.5ish Tflops. But MS is not marketing it as that but an upgraded XBone instead of 5 times more powerful next-gen.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2006
1603 posts
844 upvotes
would like to get one of those to play the last uncharted!
[OP]
Jun 18, 2015
246 posts
188 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I'm not sure about making room for a PS4 Pro
They just started displaying a full pallet of the PS4 Slim Uncharted bundle in the BC Costco's i've been to so that may be the driving force

I have to wonder if there will even be a PS4 Pro Bundle available at Costco...i hope so but it probably won't be until January at the earliest.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6723 posts
2900 upvotes
Canada
jackass_ca wrote: Is PS3 still getting releases? i wondered, my kids are using my old PS3, and I buy the PS4 stuff for me. Any games I have got for them that were newer, were last year... of course, they are not into the latest and greatest anyhow. They are enjoying their super cheap Infinity and Dimensions stuff.

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/ ... s/ps3/date