• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2021 1:19 pm
[OP]
Mar 6, 2006
139 posts
101 upvotes
Halifax

[Costco] PS5 Pulse 3D headset in stock costco

Hey I know these are difficult to find. I see them online right now and don't see this posted yet. Hopefully if you want a pair you can beat the scalpers.

Edit:
Thanks for upvotes:)
Also I personally much prefer dealing with Costco. I am actively avoiding walmart after ps5 and e3 pre-order drama
Cheers
Last edited by themackdad on Jan 12th, 2021 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
47 replies
Mar 3, 2012
259 posts
138 upvotes
HAMILTON
No idea for the down vote OP
But you got a big up vote from me

Was just looking this morning for those and couldn't find it
I have the old ps4 gold headset and they are peeling really bad lol

Thanks again OP
Dec 18, 2011
526 posts
424 upvotes
Quebec, QC
Igoran4s wrote: No idea for the down vote OP

Thanks again OP
You can change everything on those gold headset. the pad are available on amazon for cheap
Jun 2, 2006
379 posts
114 upvotes
Lachenaie, QC
Thanks OP!
Got 1
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
5046 posts
466 upvotes
Igoran4s wrote: No idea for the down vote OP

Thanks again OP
Daewoo wrote: You can change everything on those gold headset. the pad are available on amazon for cheap
Funny...I was in a similar situation yesterday. I don't have an issue with my PS4 Gold headset but the leatherette parts like the blue band and the pads were peeling. I thought perhaps this would be the time I replace it with the pulse headset, though TBH I didn't wanna drop that much just yet. Then I found out they had replacements available online for like $20 for just the pads, or $30 if you want the band part replaced also. Since I still like my Gold Headset, decided to replace those instead. Will see how they are when they come tomorrow.

https://www.amazon.ca/Replacement-Plays ... 20&sr=8-10
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
3347 posts
782 upvotes
Toronto
These are garbage, save your money. Not being facetious.
Jun 5, 2017
41 posts
120 upvotes
I have the gold headset and this one too. I am happy with this headset. I find it comfortable and good sound
Jan 26, 2011
183 posts
171 upvotes
Ajax
Upvote for OP but personally I’d look at a steel series, turtle beach or Astro headset imo...
Dec 23, 2012
16 posts
15 upvotes
WOODBRIDGE
Thank you so much! I've been waiting for this
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
2525 posts
1941 upvotes
Red Flag Deals
I bought these and didn't open them. Returned them to walmart. When I returned them. The customer service lady opened the whole box and started to wear the Headphone's. I thought that was very odd.
Aug 23, 2019
166 posts
129 upvotes
I had a terrible experience with PS4 Gold:
- Bad quality. Sounds very plasticky like it was about to snap, earcups peeled. For comparison: I own HyperX Cloud II that I picked up on sale for $70 and holy shit the quality of this headset blows away Sony.
- Average sound quality.
- Terrible mic.
- Battery is just awful. Requires charging every 1-2 days.

After looking at reviews about PS5 3D headset, I do not have that much faith in it. At least battery is somewhat improved and a mic.
Nov 13, 2018
510 posts
1212 upvotes
Sepharite wrote: These are garbage, save your money. Not being facetious.
I bought it and it's fine. Sounds good, 3d works really well, people can hear me well.

My only complaint, the mute button on the DualSense Controller will not mute the Pulse3D headset. You gotta remove your hand and mute the headset through a physical button on the left ear cup. A bit silly since they're both Sony, PS5 devices.
Apr 20, 2015
79 posts
81 upvotes
Aurora, ON
Have these, can say they are comfortable on the head, and sound fine to me - drowns out the other noise in my building very well. The feedback option is nice so I can hear if my fan will be bothering to my teammates, and if I am being too loud. I am sure if you are an audiophile they won't be your cup of tea, but for the average gamer (playing NHL, Battlefield, etc) they seem good to me.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
19104 posts
5541 upvotes
I have these. My honest opinion would be to look for something else or wait for a version 2 that at least has an adjustable head strap. I find these cut out a lot on games like COD Black Ops Cold War. They are uncomfortable for me to wear for stretches longer than 1 hour. The controls are hard to find when in game and even charging them in dim light is difficult as the controls are so small. I much prefer my Razer Kraken 7.1 wired phones that plug directly into the port on either a PS5 or Xbox Series X controller. Those phones have great sound and are completely adjustable with easy to reach controls. Why Sony went for the other design is beyond me...
Apr 1, 2018
100 posts
32 upvotes
found these uncomfortable. got arctis 7p instead
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
3347 posts
782 upvotes
Toronto
johnnyblayze wrote: Why?
Uncomfortable. Felt like the pads were made out of cardboard with a thin layer of pleather. Also the sound was tinny and lacking in mids/highs.
Jan 4, 2019
122 posts
53 upvotes
I'm still using a pair of PS3 gold headphones that were gifted to me used and they are the best. I tried upgrading to the ps4 golds and the regular mates I play with said there was a huge sound quality difference so I returned them. Like some others said, if I upgrade, I go for a different brand
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
6299 posts
4501 upvotes
Ottawa
In before the experienced audiophiles of RFD...these work well.

Pros:
1. I appreciate the on-screen indicators for volume and game audio/voice chat mix.
2. I like wireless. The USB dongle is permanently in the back of the PS5.
3. Battery life is decent. I try to make sure I don't play for 5-6 hours straight and then forget to charge them.
4. 'PS game-specific sound profiles' are currently unavailable but who knows...

Cons:
1. These feel more uncomfortable to me compared to the PS4 Gold Headset.
2. Takes time to get used to where the buttons are. Now I can do it in my sleep.
3. Works with glasses but needs some initial adjustment.
With Zoomer Wireless !
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
5046 posts
466 upvotes
pzachary wrote: I have the gold headset and this one too. I am happy with this headset. I find it comfortable and good sound
Said212 wrote: In before the experienced audiophiles of RFD...these work well.

Pros:
1. I appreciate the on-screen indicators for volume and game audio/voice chat mix.
2. I like wireless. The USB dongle is permanently in the back of the PS5.
3. Battery life is decent. I try to make sure I don't play for 5-6 hours straight and then forget to charge them.
4. 'PS game-specific sound profiles' are currently unavailable but who knows...

Cons:
1. These feel more uncomfortable to me compared to the PS4 Gold Headset.
2. Takes time to get used to where the buttons are. Now I can do it in my sleep.
3. Works with glasses but needs some initial adjustment.
How do you feel the Pulse 3D are in comparison to your old PS4 Gold headset? Interesting you said they're not as comfortable as the Gold...I wear glasses but I find the Gold headset fine. I also have a pretty big head btw so I don't think I'd want something too narrow. I know the Arctis or Turtle Beach ones are ones that people suggest but they seem more expensive from just looking on Amazon. These Pulse ones I was thinking of going to them, but as I said earlier...after finding replacement pads and band on Amazon, if the Pulse is not really a big upgrade and also less comfortable, I'd be happier to just spend $30 on replacing flaky pieces.

I don't use my Gold headset a ton, mostly for some gaming a bit if at night and also for zoom/google meetings.
Last edited by Canada_7 on Jan 12th, 2021 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.