Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

PS5 in stock now

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2021 5:01 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2007
1728 posts
715 upvotes
Abbotsford
I don’t mind the controller bundles out there- but this is not worth it
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2011
1030 posts
696 upvotes
Exactly buy now think later if you don't want it someone will
Photography.
RedFlagDeals - Brea
self promotion is not allowed on RFD
Member
Nov 1, 2012
404 posts
514 upvotes
Markham
Anikiri wrote: This has become borderline insane... shelling out $800 on something that is probably artificially scarce.
Everything in the bundle is MSRP.

Console + Controller - $630
Extra Controller - $90
Game - $90
Bonus - 1 Month PS Now - $10

If you don't want the extras you can always wait for the other retailers to post stock.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 19, 2010
7148 posts
6279 upvotes
M6C - Toronto
Yeah no one wants to play MSRP for a second controller and a game that is now ~$50 on the second hand market, but if you want one NOW rather than wait for a console only drop on BB or WM, treat yo'self.

Also, I can't emphasize how much better disc is over digital. Yeah most people here know it but PS5 games seem to hold their value a bit so the ability to buy, play, and then sell (for SP games) has kept overall cost low.
With Fido Mobile!
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
3202 posts
2694 upvotes
It feels insane that I got my ps5 at release jut by setting my alarm for when one of the retailers had a scheduled release. And. Haven't even played it in about 4 months. Sorry folks. This is so dumb.
Penalty Box
Feb 24, 2018
24794 posts
32530 upvotes
Think about it this way.

The XSX is 12 Teraflops, the PS5 is 10 Teraflops.

Get the XSX now with your high-end 4K panel, there's stock to be had at MSRP, and it doesn't require Samsung 980 Pro 2TB for full performance (extra $$$$).

Get the PS5 in 2022, prices will normalize along with stock, the Omega variant will just be a chest tickle, and large PCIe 4.0 drives will be cheaper.

Gamepass will hold you off until 2022 PS5 exclusives.

The bundle price kills and buries this deal.

God bless, folks.
.
Member
Apr 15, 2011
468 posts
120 upvotes
ryanaz wrote: it would have been faster just to click the URL and check for yourself than post this question.
Did click but no details in the more info, wasn't sure if the title was referring to the version.

So I want to confirm.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 19, 2010
7148 posts
6279 upvotes
M6C - Toronto
Given how scarce the supply is (and yeah there have been way more drops recently...), don't let "$90 Ratchet" be the "difference maker" if you've been on the fence. You can play it and then sell it. The "premium" you pay today is nothing over the course of 5 years.

I mean you could wait till November/December when more games have come out too....
With Fido Mobile!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 19, 2010
7148 posts
6279 upvotes
M6C - Toronto
geebra wrote: Did click but no details in the more info, wasn't sure if the title was referring to the version.

So I want to confirm.
Just to add, there are far more disc version PS5s on the market compared to digital. Once a game is bundled in, it's always a disc console.
With Fido Mobile!
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2007
1728 posts
715 upvotes
Abbotsford
redflagdealsguy wrote: Think about it this way.

The XSX is 12 Teraflops, the PS5 is 10 Teraflops.

Get the XSX now with your high-end 4K panel, there's stock to be had at MSRP, and it doesn't require Samsung 980 Pro 2TB for full performance (extra $$$$).

Get the PS5 in 2022, prices will normalize along with stock, the Omega variant will just be a chest tickle, and large PCIe 4.0 drives will be cheaper.

Gamepass will hold you off until 2022 PS5 exclusives.

The bundle price kills and buries this deal.

God bless, folks.
Years of PS+ games gone. And that big ass nasty controller to play with (I really don’t know a anyone prefers that over the form of a dual shock). Outside fo that, I’d like to make a move
Newbie
Feb 12, 2011
47 posts
82 upvotes
Victoria
Wow almost an hour after posting its still available! Have we past peak PS5 demand?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
3555 posts
2706 upvotes
ryanaz wrote: it would have been faster just to click the URL and check for yourself than post this question.
Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 3, 2007
2358 posts
721 upvotes
dealdealboss wrote: Wow almost an hour after posting its still available! Have we past peak PS5 demand?
It is surprising to see it still there, but no I don't think so. Not until you can walk into stores and see it on the shelf regularly (which I still have not seen even once).
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2007
1405 posts
1238 upvotes
Anikiri wrote: This has become borderline insane... shelling out $800 on something that is probably artificially scarce.
Nope, Sony is literally building every PS5 they can. Every SoC they contracted is going into a shipping machine. The main issue is that demand is higher than they planned for combined with the fact that they are losing money on every unit, which doesn't incentivize Sony to ramp up (which would be very expensive). So expect availability to track with demand, until demand is satisfied these will be hard to find... although not that hard to find. Everyone I know who wanted one has managed to secure one.

I wouldn't buy this bundle, but there is no conspiracy here. Sony has been pretty open with their motivations.
Penalty Box
Feb 24, 2018
24794 posts
32530 upvotes
dealdealboss wrote: Wow almost an hour after posting its still available! Have we past peak PS5 demand?
It's terrible pricing, peak nothing.
.
Member
Nov 1, 2012
404 posts
514 upvotes
Markham
tim-x wrote: It feels insane that I got my ps5 at release jut by setting my alarm for when one of the retailers had a scheduled release. And. Haven't even played it in about 4 months. Sorry folks. This is so dumb.
That sucks to hear. This is my first playstation, mainly a PC gamer, and I just ended up borrowing like 30 PS4 games from some friends. And since I've only got time to play like 10 hours a week I'll be good for the next 5 years lol.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 4, 2013
1349 posts
809 upvotes
Surrey, BC (GVR)
LoANeal wrote: 800 bucks brutal...
$800 is brutal I guess if it was on CL for just the console, but here you get an extra controller, a game, and a month of ps plus, so I guess its ok. And more importantly it's available. Plus you can get 2% back at Costco, plus a bit more back on your credit card rewards.
Last edited by crazyea on Aug 13th, 2021 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please check my feedback:
RFD
HWC
Heatware
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
3202 posts
2694 upvotes
gujusouljah wrote: That sucks to hear. This is my first playstation, mainly a PC gamer, and I just ended up borrowing like 30 PS4 games from some friends. And since I've only got time to play like 10 hours a week I'll be good for the next 5 years lol.
I just don't have time. Three kids under 6 and a career/wife. I've been meaning to play the last of us 2 but haven't found an evening where I'm not busy/too tired.

Top