Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

PS5 in stock now

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2021 5:01 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4130 posts
4355 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Anikiri wrote: This has become borderline insane... shelling out $800 on something that is probably artificially scarce.
It's not artificially scarce, it's literally scarce. Stock has been hard to find since release.

You can get lucky at EB Games or Best Buy, or join a wait list, but for some people planning to buy a second controller + game anyways its not that much of an added cost. Plus Costco is charging things at MSRP so its not an upsell. This is gonna sell out quickly anyways.

I was able to find the disc-less one at EB Games and they required I buy something else (anything game / controller / etc), I was going to argue but I had planned to buy a second controller so it didn't matter.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1114 posts
1217 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: Think about it this way.

The XSX is 12 Teraflops, the PS5 is 10 Teraflops.

Get the XSX now with your high-end 4K panel, there's stock to be had at MSRP, and it doesn't require Samsung 980 Pro 2TB for full performance (extra $$$$).

Get the PS5 in 2022, prices will normalize along with stock, the Omega variant will just be a chest tickle, and large PCIe 4.0 drives will be cheaper.

Gamepass will hold you off until 2022 PS5 exclusives.

The bundle price kills and buries this deal.

God bless, folks.
An even shorter argument is wait for a slim PS5...because the launch model is ridiculous.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
14710 posts
32362 upvotes
It might be brutal but over 300 in thread right now lol
Last edited by stephroll on Aug 13th, 2021 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2011
6311 posts
3577 upvotes
This might mean other retailers could have a restock soon.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2011
6311 posts
3577 upvotes
stephroll wrote: It might be brutal but over 300 in thread right now lol
Most are wondering how much to scalp it for and doing calculations, browsing the marketplace haha.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2012
1011 posts
329 upvotes
VANCOUVER
OOS for me - Ratchet and Clank would be a game I'd play so this bundle works for me, would be better if different colour controller.
Mar 21, 2012
638 posts
609 upvotes
Edmonton
geebra wrote: Did click but no details in the more info, wasn't sure if the title was referring to the version.

So I want to confirm.
did you think they were bundling the disc version of Ratchet and Clank with a digital only console, despite the fact you can see the disc drive in the photo?
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4130 posts
4355 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
trinxified wrote: This might mean other retailers could have a restock soon.
If you want just the console hop on the discord for playstation 5 stock tracking and you can get tips. I was able to find one in about 2-3 weeks of hunting. Local EB Games will also have wait lists or first-come first-serve so I just called them daily until they got a delivery.

Stock comes and goes. SDM also gets a few consoles a month, EB Games gets weekly deliveries, and Walmart/Costco/Best Buy seems to be sporadic but get larger numbers when they do get it in.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2014
2777 posts
2876 upvotes
tim-x wrote: It feels insane that I got my ps5 at release jut by setting my alarm for when one of the retailers had a scheduled release. And. Haven't even played it in about 4 months. Sorry folks. This is so dumb.
So basically a waste of $$ for $700+ sitting collecting dust. :)
Sep 4, 2009
535 posts
354 upvotes
Calgary
It’s not brutal at all. The performance is fantastic, graphics are amazing, games are fun. I’ve been enjoying since it was released day one. Just put a SSD in it yesterday.

If you’ve got the time for it, then it’s a fantastic purchase when you compare it to a PC of similar specs - you save money.

For myself that extra controller is useless. Most multiplayer is done online anyways.
- Don't support hoarding. Do your research, decide on the price you want to pay for it. Don't ever pay more than that.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7148 posts
6279 upvotes
M6C - Toronto
To each their own but everyone is quick to say, "wait for slim" / "wait for price drop" / "wait for more games", but people have different hobbies and different amounts of time to commit to them. I've learned that "waiting" on something I'm really excited for that won't break my bank just ain't worth it.
With Fido Mobile!
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
3202 posts
2694 upvotes
jmc111 wrote: So basically a waste of $$ for $700+ sitting collecting dust. :)
Sort of... I mean I accidentally got a second one through a system glitch and sold it for 1200 and sold an old Xbox one for $300... so I guess I'd call it a wash.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
2135 posts
4198 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: Think about it this way.

The XSX is 12 Teraflops, the PS5 is 10 Teraflops.

Get the XSX now with your high-end 4K panel, there's stock to be had at MSRP, and it doesn't require Samsung 980 Pro 2TB for full performance (extra $$$$).

Get the PS5 in 2022, prices will normalize along with stock, the Omega variant will just be a chest tickle, and large PCIe 4.0 drives will be cheaper.

Gamepass will hold you off until 2022 PS5 exclusives.

The bundle price kills and buries this deal.

God bless, folks.
This literally makes 0 sense.....I got a PS5 so I can play exclusives +some right now.....not wait till 2022. Also you say the XSX doesnt require a 980 for full performance but if you want extra storage you still need to shell out $$$$$ for a proprietary external SSD.
Fido 20GB $35
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
2135 posts
4198 upvotes
Auditore212 wrote: To each their own but everyone is quick to say, "wait for slim" / "wait for price drop" / "wait for more games", but people have different hobbies and different amounts of time to commit to them. I've learned that "waiting" on something I'm really excited for that won't break my bank just ain't worth it.
Exactly
Fido 20GB $35
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
4007 posts
2868 upvotes
Kitchener
"May the odds forever be in your favour.." but OOS now... :(
Why can't we all just get along?
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
13628 posts
13659 upvotes
Oil Country
Maybe it's just me, but that Costco bundle is terrible value. The two controller bundle is $719 when in stock at other retailers, so you're basically paying another $90 for a game and a 1-month sub to PS+.

The $719 two controller bundle is terrible value too, but these are the time we live in.

If you desperately want a PS5 then it might be worth getting, otherwise just wait for a better deal.
Jan 21, 2008
473 posts
692 upvotes
I've enjoyed my PS4 (now Pro) since launch, I even went to the US to buy it.

But I feel prices are pretty crazy nowadays. $90 for a controller as well as a game? Damn.

I'm good for now with my PC and Oculus Quest 2.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
4103 posts
2124 upvotes
Niagara
Managed to get one around 11:30. Then showed out of stock immediately after. I’m hoping to find one for an October birthday gift.

The bundle with a 2nd controller wasn’t the end of the world. This one with controller and game is ‘meh’ to me. If I can come across one for less I might just return this one (or sell for cost). Or even better would be finding one at SDM to use some points on (though I doubt that will happen).