• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2020 8:55 pm
[OP]
Dec 16, 2010
646 posts
392 upvotes
Canada

[Costco] Pulse Aloha Shower Panel *Clearance $99.97*

I have been eyeing a shower panel for a while but they seem quite pricey.

$99.97 for one seems pretty awesome, especially with Costco's return policy.

I'm not familiar with this particular model. I can't seem to find the exact model on the Costco site but found it on Home Depot with mixed reviews. It's is $244 at Home Depot however

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/pulse- ... 1001102505

Not sure if both the shower head and the Jets can be used at the same time.

I found a decent installation video as well on YouTube:

Looks like you have to drill holes for the bracket so keep that in mind.

There seemed quite a few left at my local store here in crazy cold -4000000 Alberta.

Stay warm with a new shower!
Images
  • 20200114_172156.jpg
25 replies
Feb 23, 2017
223 posts
158 upvotes
I think I saw this in Saskatoon last week. I should get it.
Jul 21, 2016
632 posts
1071 upvotes
The video say
"Slide the mounting plate over nipples"
No thanks.

Also video say:
No drill (op say drill)
Use both shower/head at same time (op say he think not)
So just saying, I'm not sure who's right with his informations, op or the video.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  / \
   | |
  _/ ¯ \_
🆁🅴🅳 🅵🅻🅰🅶 🅳🅴🅰🅻🆂
Dec 8, 2012
95 posts
29 upvotes
CONCORD
InvaIid wrote:
Jan 14th, 2020 10:05 pm
The video say
No thanks.

Also video say:
No drill (op say drill)
So just saying, I'm not sure who's right with his informations, op or the video.
I read under video~screw nipple in wall outlet
No thanks
Jun 14, 2019
6 posts
Which location is that picture from? I’ve tried a few stores in the GTA and although they say they have them I’ve gone in and they have been sold out.
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
12868 posts
1708 upvotes
Toronto
I have two of these in the home. It holds pretty darn well with the adhesive and mounting tape. Though I would probably recommend it to be drilled. So far so good and it's been two months. Its stuck on permanently I think.
Last edited by trixstar on Jan 14th, 2020 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 19, 2011
72 posts
38 upvotes
I have it installed. It is pretty good for the price (I also got it for $99). You can only have shower, head, or jets open at any given time. The jets have decent pressure. You don't need to drill it into the wall. It comes with glue and sticker so you can just stick to the wall (especially tiles).

Just make sure there is enough distance between the shower head whole in the wall and the handle to control the water. Also make sure there is enough distance from the hole to the ceiling. If your ceiling is lowered intl the shower area (less than 8 feet) it won't work.
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
12868 posts
1708 upvotes
Toronto
Kjoie03 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2020 10:11 pm
Which location is that picture from? I’ve tried a few stores in the GTA and although they say they have them I’ve gone in and they have been sold out.
Saw a whole bunch at the overlea location yesterday. Maybe around 20 of them.
Oct 20, 2009
159 posts
52 upvotes
I bought this same one, but scared to install it due to cheap performance/longevity. I know it's really good for the price, but if I'm going yo be screwing it into my tiles and have it in my shower for 7-10years, is it just better getting a good quality ($300-400) shower panel instead of keeping this one??
It's not all about saving a few dollars....its the Principle of it :)
Dec 5, 2005
726 posts
427 upvotes
Cambridge,Ontario
AverageJoee wrote:
Jan 14th, 2020 10:36 pm
I bought this same one, but scared to install it due to cheap performance/longevity. I know it's really good for the price, but if I'm going yo be screwing it into my tiles and have it in my shower for 7-10years, is it just better getting a good quality ($300-400) shower panel instead of keeping this one??
Remember this is not like a $3-400 panel.It uses the existing faucet valve and just connects to the already existing shower head outlet. Reviews on amazon seem to be decent
Aug 29, 2001
398 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto
what distance is required then between the shower head supply and control trim top edge?
[OP]
Dec 16, 2010
646 posts
392 upvotes
Canada
InvaIid wrote:
Jan 14th, 2020 10:05 pm
The video say
No thanks.

Also video say:
No drill (op say drill)
Well, the video says optional holes, so in my case I would just use the adhesive tape.

Also a drill is optional, not mandatory.

Quality seems decent for the price point. This is a $250 product for $150 off and Costco warranty, so seems quite reasonable.
Dec 5, 2005
726 posts
427 upvotes
Cambridge,Ontario
baseline wrote:
Jan 14th, 2020 11:49 pm
what distance is required then between the shower head supply and control trim top edge?
Specs are on this page
https://www.amazon.ca/Pulse-1021-SBB-Br ... B00IUCHIPA

You gotta love this review on Home Depot

"Specs say easy installation but that's just not the case. handyman said I'd need a plumber, plumber said it would be $2,000 to install. I am returning the item."
Mar 27, 2012
179 posts
145 upvotes
416 to the 905
Here is some more information if anyone needs:

Installation Instructions: https://secure.img1-ag.wfcdn.com/docres ... /66035.pdf

Specifications Sheet #1: https://secure.img1-ag.wfcdn.com/docres ... /68567.pdf

Specifications Sheet #2: https://secure.img1-ag.wfcdn.com/docres ... /66032.pdf
***First Hour of my day starts with RFD and a Coffee....then I start my actual Work Day***