[Costco] Quickbooks 2019 Desktop - PC Download

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2018 8:38 pm
[OP]
Nov 17, 2007
123 posts
57 upvotes

[Costco] Quickbooks 2019 Desktop - PC Download

I know no one is thinking of financials and taxes now but just thought this is a pretty good deal.

Been looking to buy Quickbooks for a while and so far this is the lowest price I could find, deduct another $20 for Masterpass and it's only $104.99 + taxes.
Images
  • Quickbooks.PNG
68 replies
[OP]
Nov 17, 2007
123 posts
57 upvotes
smurfgun2 wrote:
Nov 25th, 2018 3:13 pm
Can this be installed on more than 1 computer?
I remember the rule is that you can install it on 2 devices (one has to be portable like laptop) - so it allows the same user to work in the office & at home.
Not sure if it has changed though.
Mar 27, 2017
9 posts
3 upvotes
How would they know the difference between portable device or not?

Anyone know if quick books online can be migrated to this?
Jan 23, 2014
32 posts
11 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
I'm currently using quickbooks online and of course pay a monthly sub. Is there any monthly fees associated with this? Can you still do payroll or does that cost a fee and of course can I transfer my current info from online to this program. I'm just looking to save money as a small business so if this does away with monthly fees I might grab it!
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
13218 posts
3418 upvotes
Here 'n There
Given this is the 2019 edition and there are previous year's editions, is there any reason to keep buying this every year or can one just keep using this edition without paying for any updates? I notice that it states 'Download your data from participating banks until May 2022' so of course that won't work after that date.

Bought it but did not get $20 for using Masterpass (the first time) so emailing Costco to find out why.
Last edited by eonibm on Nov 25th, 2018 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 13, 2006
889 posts
497 upvotes
smurfgun2 wrote:
Nov 25th, 2018 3:31 pm

Yeah it can, google it tons of videos to help you out.

EDIT: I was wrong, only will work in US versions not Canadian
Last edited by asifnana on Nov 26th, 2018 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 13, 2006
889 posts
497 upvotes
Inspired14U wrote:
Nov 25th, 2018 3:33 pm
I'm currently using quickbooks online and of course pay a monthly sub. Is there any monthly fees associated with this? Can you still do payroll or does that cost a fee and of course can I transfer my current info from online to this program. I'm just looking to save money as a small business so if this does away with monthly fees I might grab it!
No monthly fees.

Payroll is extra .

Yes.
Jan 24, 2007
791 posts
115 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
eonibm wrote:
Nov 25th, 2018 4:19 pm
Given this is the 2019 edition and there are previous year's editions, is there any reason to keep buying this every year or can one just keep using this edition without paying for any updates? I notice that it states 'Download your data from participating banks until May 2022' so of course that won't work after that date.

Bought it but did not get $20 for using Masterpass (the first time) so emailing Costco to find out why.
no reason to buy it every year. I started with 2011 for my business and upgraded to 2016 (mostly because of incompatibility issues with newer version of Windows). I dont intend to upgrade the 2016 unless there either some significant upgrade comes with the newer Quickbooks version or I am forced to upgrade with a newer windows version where Intuit simply plays dumb and doesnt issue any compatibility updates and forces you to upgrade.
Nov 13, 2006
889 posts
497 upvotes
eonibm wrote:
Nov 25th, 2018 4:19 pm

If it's two licenses wanna spilt the cost ?
Dec 17, 2009
119 posts
36 upvotes
vancouver
smurfgun2 wrote:
Nov 25th, 2018 3:13 pm
Can this be installed on more than 1 computer?
I installed 2016 on two units, but only one user and you need to manually transfer data between the twos. U can only installed the program up to five times.
Dec 17, 2009
119 posts
36 upvotes
vancouver
smurfgun2 wrote:
Nov 25th, 2018 3:31 pm

I asked their staffs on FB, and she said no for 2016 version.