• Last Updated:
  • Mar 31st, 2021 10:42 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jan 4, 2004
117 posts
42 upvotes

[Costco] Quickjack 7000SLX car lift $200 off, now $1299.99

I've been waiting for this discount for a half year, so thought I'd post in case anyone else is in the same boat. Apart from a potential future in-store Costco clearance (which I gave up on as I never have seen these stocked in store in a Vancouver area Costco), this is the best price for a quickjack setup. Last year they had the 5000 model for sale that was a bit cheaper but they haven't stocked that since offering the 7000.
23 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
1941 posts
276 upvotes
Vancouver
I have to admit, I am drooooooling over this post. I have been wanting one of these for a long time, short of a 2 post or 4 post lift.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
1056 posts
1453 upvotes
Vancouver
That's like $1100 too expensive still, going to have to be lift + stands for a while longer!
Jul 13, 2008
138 posts
160 upvotes
I wish that Costco sold the ext model. I ended up getting it from Napa but don’t regret it. These lifts are awesome.
Dec 24, 2009
37 posts
16 upvotes
Vancouver
Just wondering what you plan on using it for?

I do lots of car work at home and am not sure if it really is worth the investment.. I can only see it being convenient in vehicles where jacking points + staging jack stands are limited. Something as quick as an oil change ramps may be preferred, and any work requiring tire removal can be done pretty quickly by doing it an axle at a time.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1211 posts
713 upvotes
1mangoo wrote: Just wondering what you plan on using it for?

I do lots of car work at home and am not sure if it really is worth the investment.. I can only see it being convenient in vehicles where jacking points + staging jack stands are limited. Something as quick as an oil change ramps may be preferred, and any work requiring tire removal can be done pretty quickly by doing it an axle at a time.
I think when you need to left the whole car off the ground more often than just a side. I too had the same thoughts as you but decided that I dont jack my whole car up enough to warrant needing this.
Dec 24, 2009
37 posts
16 upvotes
Vancouver
Mmagic888 wrote: I think when you need to left the whole car off the ground more often than just a side. I too had the same thoughts as you but decided that I dont jack my whole car up enough to warrant needing this.
Yes, and the few times you do need it it may be a pain to store. I think jack stands are sufficient for me.

I may also save someone some grief:

https://www.quickjack.com/downloads/Qui ... ksheet.pdf

https://www.quickjack.com/compare/

Make sure the car(s) you work on are compatible with the Quickjack model you purchase. In my case, I am deciding not to go with it due to its limitations and storing it.

I imagine these jacks are a hit with detailers.
May 27, 2005
120 posts
20 upvotes
Markham
Picked this up from Costco over the summer when they had the same sale. Works great, and easy to set up. They are a little heavy to move around and maneuver under a low car, but a no brainer when it runs cheaper than the 5000 model.
Feb 24, 2019
275 posts
401 upvotes
the average person is going to get themselves into a situation with these where they could potentially die
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2005
2251 posts
1216 upvotes
KingMoobot wrote: the average person is going to get themselves into a situation with these where they could potentially die
Yeah probably best to just continue living in bubble wrap for the rest of my life...

These require a full understanding of the setup and risks of not following instructions. Ive had them for a season, they work great and when setup and used correctly they ARE safe. Jackstands for added level of safety. How long have you had yours?
[OP]
Jan 4, 2004
117 posts
42 upvotes
If I were looking to just do tire changes, then for sure a jack is cheaper, quicker and easier.

I got it for 4 wheels up work, such as brake bleeding and suspension work. I do these a lot because racecar.

Also, oil changes (also done more often than average) will be much easier with this setup. I used this to my benefit to justify the purchase as it'll "save" me $400 every oil change for one of my cars not having to bring to dealer :)

Certainly a product for people who work at least a bit on their car.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3475 posts
953 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
These won't work on Teslas unfortunately, someone posted a photo on the TMC forum and the frames are way too short. https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads ... on.192326/

20200413_144305_cropped-1.jpg

Need the BL-6000EXT model https://www.quickjack.com/car-lifts/bl-6000xlt/ or an extension to increase the length by 6" https://www.quickjack.com/accessories/s ... xtensions/. I'd rather buy the longer model when it's more readily available in Canada.
Jul 13, 2008
138 posts
160 upvotes
I bought the 7000EXT for my tesla and other cars. I agree I wouldn't buy the extension vs the EXT.
Nov 30, 2007
273 posts
101 upvotes
How do folks store these? Are the slid under the car after it is in jack position or do you drive over them?
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2008
1522 posts
1284 upvotes
Have the same truck in the driveway as shown in the pictures. Wish ours looked as good as that one but Ontario winters say otherwise.

I've looked at these when they come on sale but keep deciding to stick with jack stands when I need to have the vehicle up a bit. The fact that they partially block side access is an issue too

Maybe I'll actually get around to building a set of these once I can easily buy lumber again.
DSCN9783.jpg
Dec 15, 2017
257 posts
215 upvotes
but how do you drive the front and rear wheels on the ramps at the same time?
May 27, 2005
120 posts
20 upvotes
Markham
wyseguy wrote: How do folks store these? Are the slid under the car after it is in jack position or do you drive over them?
There are a few options. Depending on how much clearance your vehicle has you can push them together in the middle and just park over it in your garage. Collapsed they are pretty low profile. They can also be hung on a wall, and Quickjack has hooks you can buy or figure out a cheaper option.
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
21763 posts
370 upvotes
Newmarket
I bought one of these when costco in store was clearing them out a couple years ago...I think about $700.
really like it. Stores low profile other than the pump, but it is heavy. Great for me for changing fluids as well tires, Much safer than jacks/stands and much higher clearance than ramps. Remember, when you are raising/lowering the car on the QJ, you do it remotely, so no chance of the car falling on you. Also, less damage to your driveway as the weight is distributed along a much bigger footprint than a jack or stand.

Has an additional use for me, as I use it on my 4 post storage lift to be able to get the wheels off. there wouldnt be enough room to use a jack and stands safely to do that. I store the QJ stands under my car on the lift as well.

That said, at the price I bought it, Im happy. Would i have bought it at $1400? no. I can pay for a lot of oil/tire changes with that much money.
this is as honest and unbiased as I can be. I dont care if you buy it or not.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
1941 posts
276 upvotes
Vancouver
While I like the QJ concept, and I really want one, after thinking about it more, the price is a bit steep for what you get. The SLX model is not long enough for 2 of my 3 cars, while the EXT model is too long for 1 of my 3 cards. For the price they are asking for the SLX models, they should be including the Extension adapter. Then it would work for me and I would seriously consider it. In general, I think the SLX is just not long enough for most cars. I suspect that is why costco is getting the SLX models, and not the EXT models.