Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 3, 2009
352 posts
118 upvotes
Jonquiere

[Costco] Razer Wolverine Tournament Edition X1 & PC Controller $90.79

Pretty solid deal for anyone looking for a new controller.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by TomRFD on Aug 3rd, 2021 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: price was missing from the title
27 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
2286 posts
2443 upvotes
Toronto, ON
What's the regular price, and what makes this special compared to the regular controller?
Apr 7, 2017
132 posts
135 upvotes
Regular price is $200. It's got like 10 extra buttons. I'm going to have to go try to grab one. Hope they have them at my location.

CORRECTION: Sorry regular price is $150.
Last edited by UnderpantsGnome on Aug 2nd, 2021 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phase 1: Collect underpants
Phase 2: ?
Phase 3: Profit
Mar 6, 2012
740 posts
239 upvotes
At least with Costco the return shouldn't be too hard. A long time ago I bought a Razer Onza Tournament controller and after a few months of light use it started drifting to the point that racing games were unplayable. Hopefully they've gotten better since but after having issues with a Razer controller and mouse within a few months that I bought them together I have never bought one of their products again.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19801 posts
7344 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Been using a Wolverine TE and a Wolverine Ultimate for a while on PC now and they're by far way better for games that require a lot of tight timing than the regular MS controllers. The buttons and dpad are waaay better.

I like the back buttons on the Ultimate much better than the Tournament, I'm always accidentally pressing the back paddles on the TE.

No wireless is kind of a pain sometimes but not running out of batteries in the middle of a game is an upside.
Aug 1, 2021
3 posts
1 upvote
To better answer your question:
  1. These controllers have tactile very responsive buttons

Comes with a braided 10ft cable

Grippy and durable analog sticks

Customizable extra buttons

RGB

Has a better DPad

Better endurance than other controllers, I’ve played rocket league for years and chewed through 5 controllers, this one lasts a long time.
Jul 31, 2007
764 posts
616 upvotes
UnderpantsGnome wrote: Regular price is $200. It's got like 10 extra buttons. I'm going to have to go try to grab one. Hope they have them at my location.
i think youre talking about the ultimate edition, this is the tournament edition

i think the ultimate is really good, better than the xbox elite controller even, if you don't mind a wired controller
Apr 7, 2017
132 posts
135 upvotes
johncraven wrote: i think youre talking about the ultimate edition, this is the tournament edition

i think the ultimate is really good, better than the xbox elite controller even, if you don't mind a wired controller
Oh yeah, you're right. When I googled the tournament edition, it sent me to the ultimate page.
Apr 7, 2017
132 posts
135 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote:
No wireless is kind of a pain sometimes but not running out of batteries in the middle of a game is an upside.
Wait, no wireless?! That's a deal breaker IMO. I'm out.

I'm still going to go buy a controller. It's just going to be a DualSense instead to play Metro Exodus on PC with force feedback triggers.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
1000 posts
1133 upvotes
be aware,

NO wireless.

Microsoft Store and Amazon has this for 99.99 often.
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 4GB UNLIMITED voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1647 posts
929 upvotes
It's regular price is $200 and it's not wireless???
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19801 posts
7344 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
UnderpantsGnome wrote: Wait, no wireless?! That's a deal breaker IMO. I'm out.

I'm still going to go buy a controller. It's just going to be a DualSense instead to play Metro Exodus on PC with force feedback triggers.
It's not so bad when you're at a desk anyway. The cord is also extremely long and has a quick release breakaway. As far as I know there are NO third party xbox controllers that are wireless so it's not just these.
For me, I noticed a very real difference and improvement using the Wolverines for games like Ori or soulslikes that require as precise of an input as possible to get through some of the more advanced stuff in them which made giving up the wireless worth it.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
1707 posts
849 upvotes
Montreal
I usually hate wired, but that's something about it that isn't as bad, maybe the braiding, or weight distribution. I have the Ultimate, my right hand is handicapped so having my left hand have more to control is amazing, don't need to stop playing every 10 minutes to massage it lol. The buttons are tactile, helps reduce effort to use and just feels much better. I have this weird issue where after a bit, my hands drift until I have to look down to readjust.

Quality product by Razer. There are rumours that there will be a new version of the Xbox controller to compete with the PS5 controller features
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1211 posts
3079 upvotes
New Brunswick
Viper98 wrote: The Wolverine V2 is only $99

Get that

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08LRTTGM6/ref ... UTF8&psc=1

The Wolverine TE is an old model. The V2 is updated for XSX/XSS as well
The V2 has its own mess of problems, including the non-removable cord.

Also apparently the triggers grind against the bumper of the same side if it's being held down.
Sep 23, 2007
267 posts
1153 upvotes
Vancouver
Bought one for Rocket League.

Hopefully it lasts longer that the PDP Xbox One controllers I have been using, they tend to last about 10-12 months.