1675 posts
269 upvotes
Toronto
My box was in rough shape but everything inside was wrapped up in plastic
Nov 6, 2011
501 posts
182 upvotes
Calgary
2K6TSX wrote: My box was in rough shape but everything inside was wrapped up in plastic
Same with mine
Aug 28, 2004
38 posts
10 upvotes
I suspect there used to be Staples branding inside the box, which you probably opened and took out.
Got mine, the box was in good shape and everything was wrapped. But it was taped close over original taping.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
1456 posts
784 upvotes
Vancouver
Oh hey I have this same chair from staples. It's great and still feels new after 3-4 years. I just recently drilled the back bracket to let me move it even closer as I'm too short for the stock settings. Overall it's a good chair but not really ergonomic.. Not a lot of adjustments

In the past I thought it was the perfect chair, but after getting mouse elbow now I'm much more aware of ergonomics and how this chair is semi-ergonomic at best. It's very comfortable for casual use though
Nov 14, 2004
962 posts
297 upvotes
huicl2 wrote: For those who received the chair from Costco.ca recently, is it brand new or opened box? The reason I ask is after seeing multiple times the chair went OOS and later restocked, if I pull the trigger now I may get an opened box item at full price. Any thoughts on my concern are appreciated.
I got one today. Everything was sealed. So if it's open box they did a good job of making it seem like it isn't
Feb 11, 2014
8 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
I received mines 2 days, box was in decent shape. Everything inside was sealed with plastic wrapping.

Quick question for everyone else, when you sit on your chair, does the seat release air? Every time i sit and get up, its like air is being pushed out and sucked in. I am wondering if my seat does not have enough foam material inside.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1989 posts
1677 upvotes
Thanu28 wrote: I received mines 2 days, box was in decent shape. Everything inside was sealed with plastic wrapping.

Quick question for everyone else, when you sit on your chair, does the seat release air? Every time i sit and get up, its like air is being pushed out and sucked in. I am wondering if my seat does not have enough foam material inside.
The cushion or the piston thing they goes up and down?

I suppose it will go down a bit depending on your weight.

Why not email the manufacturer support? I am sure they can answer or help with that one.
Feb 11, 2014
8 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
The cushion, every time i sit the foam is compressing and it makes a sound of air(like releasing air from a ballon type noise) and same thing when i get up. Also, is it normal for your lift system to slightly go down and back up when you sit and get off it?
Jul 3, 2019
191 posts
137 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Yes its part of the tempurpedic cushion. Chair does go down slightly (5mm) after sitting on it.
Jul 15, 2003
617 posts
669 upvotes
Thanu28 wrote: The cushion, every time i sit the foam is compressing and it makes a sound of air(like releasing air from a ballon type noise) and same thing when i get up. Also, is it normal for your lift system to slightly go down and back up when you sit and get off it?
Everything you described happens to my chair too. Mine was new as well. So I guess it's supposed to do these things. Another point if like to add, does anyone notice the seat tilt backs and forwards ever so slightly when one tries to tilt the back headrest?
Feb 11, 2014
8 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
barcathegreat wrote: Everything you described happens to my chair too. Mine was new as well. So I guess it's supposed to do these things. Another point if like to add, does anyone notice the seat tilt backs and forwards ever so slightly when one tries to tilt the back headrest?
Thanks for the response, i assume that's a good thing??haha. It does slightly lean back and forth, very minimal, you kind of have to be looking for it. Also, i reached out to Raynor(manufacture of chair) and they said i can just email them the issues and she said on the phone, "it sounds like you need a replacement seat and hydraulic"

So, i will update everyone.

Aside from that, which i feel like isnt a major issue at all, the chair is amazing. Just need to purchase that headrest and complete the chair :)
Jul 15, 2003
617 posts
669 upvotes
Thanu28 wrote: Thanks for the response, i assume that's a good thing??haha. It does slightly lean back and forth, very minimal, you kind of have to be looking for it. Also, i reached out to Raynor(manufacture of chair) and they said i can just email them the issues and she said on the phone, "it sounds like you need a replacement seat and hydraulic"

So, i will update everyone.

Aside from that, which i feel like isnt a major issue at all, the chair is amazing. Just need to purchase that headrest and complete the chair :)
Don't bother replacing anything unless my chair is broken exactly like your one which is unlikely.
Oct 16, 2007
585 posts
405 upvotes
Montr
I bought this chair 2 weeks ago and really happy with it. It's heavy and confortable

Glad i bought it
May 7, 2019
68 posts
93 upvotes
OOS at warehouse at Ellesmere/Warden and looks OOS online. :( Was hoping to get it in warehouse to avoid the shipping fee but can't even get it online anymore.