Hot Deals

[Costco] [RESTOCKED] Tempurpedic Mid Back Task Chair $289.99 + free shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2020 3:15 pm
Feb 2, 2017
44 posts
42 upvotes
I just returned the chair to my local Costco today. I definitely learned a lesson that when it comes to chairs, I need to try it out first. My back was aching after a couple of days using this chair. If you are used to a foam back chair, do yourself a favor and test this out before you order (as another poster mentioned,, Staples has this model). The mesh back and lumbar support that is built into it was not for me. Hunt is back on to find something to replace my 12 year Staples brand desk chair.
Aug 2, 2020
40 posts
28 upvotes
There were at least 10 of them at the Yorktech / woodbine location. Picked one up last night. Feels heavier than the Walmart executive chair which is great.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2742 posts
2342 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ImpulseBuyy wrote: There were at least 10 of them at the Yorktech / woodbine location. Picked one up last night. Feels heavier than the Walmart executive chair which is great.
How much is at warehouse price?
Bright side of RFD: 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
May 26, 2008
597 posts
111 upvotes
Just FYI anyone that has back problems avoid this chair. It may seem comfortable but it becomes too soft in the long run and does not support the spine
Nov 21, 2018
8 posts
5 upvotes
I've had this chair for 3 months, I think it has been a good investment.
The lumber support has lost its rigidity, the difference was noticeable for me within the first week.
I am 150 lbs, so I imagine a heavier user would likely wear it out more. The seat, although still comfortable,, is also not as plush as it was when bought new.

I have had lower back problems in the past, and I will recommend this chairs. I think if it looses more of its support, it can be alleviated by using the gel pad found in Costco for $30.

edit: adding the following.

as the lumbar support has lost its rigidity. I have to make a more conscious effort of sitting up right.. I do this by getting right up to my desk. also I have been using this chair every day of the week, for the past 3 months. roughly 9 hrs on weekdays, and 3-5 hrs on weekends.

I am happy with this chair, though could probably find a better deal/product on used market, but I didn't want to go that route due to covid.
Last edited by qadirk on Sep 7th, 2020 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2006
4478 posts
16815 upvotes
TORONTO
qadirk wrote: I've had this chair for 3 months, I think it has been a good investment.
The lumber support has lost its rigidity, the difference was noticeable for me within the first week.
I am 150 lbs, so I imagine a heavier user would likely wear it out more. The seat, although still comfortable,, is also not as plush as it was when bought new.

I have had lower back problems in the past, and I will recommend this chairs. I think if it looses more of its support, it can be alleviated by using the gel pad found in Costco for $30.
This does not bode well for a chair that has 10 year warranty.
May 22, 2017
148 posts
50 upvotes
What is the sku# so I can check at the stores around me? Ajax and Oshawa.

Any other suggestion? I really need a good office chair.
Aug 18, 2011
254 posts
211 upvotes
North York
ldovale wrote: What is the sku# so I can check at the stores around me? Ajax and Oshawa.

Any other suggestion? I really need a good office chair.
Sku is 1451203
May 22, 2017
148 posts
50 upvotes
HoRRo wrote: Sku is 1451203
Called store they said it’s inactive and there is no order.
So whoever finds at a store will be lucky.

Any other good chair to recommend?
May 19, 2004
162 posts
30 upvotes
Calgary, AB
ldovale wrote: Called store they said it’s inactive and there is no order.
So whoever finds at a store will be lucky.

Any other good chair to recommend?
See post #100. I am happy with it
I bought this CoolMesh Executive High Back chair instead for $198 at Source Office Furnishings.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1405 posts
361 upvotes
Looks like they have all the colours available online again, just got a black one.