Costco return policy on headphones and robot vacuums

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2020 4:45 pm
[OP]
Jan 1, 2018
179 posts
257 upvotes

Costco return policy on headphones and robot vacuums

Hi there, hope im posting in the correct section.

Looking for the return policy, or anyone that knows what the policy would be for headphones and robot vacuums.

I've read a lot of people online say its part of the life time satisfaction policy and not electronics... but I spoke to a Costco person ( who didn't seem too confident ), that said it was standard 90 day electronics.

Does anyone know for sure, on either product?
6 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
13787 posts
7945 upvotes
Toronto
KevinT277396 wrote: There's nothing on there... lol
yes there is:

https://customerservice.costco.ca/app/a ... l/a_id/585

Neither of your items seem to fit the 90 day rule unless they somehow fit this:

and other electronic products identified by Costco from time to time.

What is Costco's return policy?

On Membership: We will refund your membership fee in full if you are dissatisfied.

On Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction with every product we sell and will refund your purchase price, with the following exceptions:

Electronics: Costco will accept returns within 90 days from the date of purchase for televisions, major appliances*, projectors, computers, cameras, Aerial Cameras (drones), camcorders, digital music players, tablets, smart watches, Cellular Phones (return details will vary by carrier service contract) and other electronic products identified by Costco from time to time.
Our Costco Concierge Services representatives are available to assist with technical support and warranty information for many of the products above. You'll find a list of eligible items here.
[OP]
Jan 1, 2018
179 posts
257 upvotes
Swerny wrote: yes there is:

https://customerservice.costco.ca/app/a ... l/a_id/585

Neither of your items seem to fit the 90 day rule unless they somehow fit this:

and other electronic products identified by Costco from time to time.

What is Costco's return policy?

On Membership: We will refund your membership fee in full if you are dissatisfied.

On Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction with every product we sell and will refund your purchase price, with the following exceptions:

Electronics: Costco will accept returns within 90 days from the date of purchase for televisions, major appliances*, projectors, computers, cameras, Aerial Cameras (drones), camcorders, digital music players, tablets, smart watches, Cellular Phones (return details will vary by carrier service contract) and other electronic products identified by Costco from time to time.
Our Costco Concierge Services representatives are available to assist with technical support and warranty information for many of the products above. You'll find a list of eligible items here.

A robot vacuum could definitely go either way, and headphones could too. Looking for someone that's potentially done this before. I've spoke to like 5 different costco employees and got different answers each time.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3896 posts
2431 upvotes
Vancouver
KevinT277396 wrote: A robot vacuum could definitely go either way, and headphones could too. Looking for someone that's potentially done this before. I've spoke to like 5 different costco employees and got different answers each time.
Assume its 90 days. Honestly 90 days is long enough to know if you are satisfied with the product anyways and its not like anyone else offers more than 90 days.
[OP]
Jan 1, 2018
179 posts
257 upvotes
Paigne wrote: Assume its 90 days. Honestly 90 days is long enough to know if you are satisfied with the product anyways and its not like anyone else offers more than 90 days.

I got a definite answer from someone higher up at costco, 90 day policy on headphones, no set time on robot vacuum.