Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Revolution Nutrition Whey Protein - 1.7lb $9.97 ymmv

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2021 4:06 pm
17 replies
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 1, 2005
906 posts
103 upvotes
Burnaby
Is this a regional/location type deal? Seems pretty warm/hot. In the past Costco has put on sale MP Combat 2.72kg (6lbs) for $34.99 and Kaizen Naturals 100% Whey Isolate 2kg for $34.99.

So this would be $29.91 for 5.1lbs / 2.3kg. Says it's 130cal for 26g protein, 2g fat, 3g carb, 1g sugar.
Newbie
Jul 7, 2018
73 posts
214 upvotes
It's not an isolate, and it's got little sweet crunchy bits in it to make it a 'dessert'. However, I found those crunchy bits annoying and I wasn't impressed with the overall taste when I followed the instructions (mix with water). Much prefer the chocolate Kaizen. Even at $9.97, I'd say buy one just to try, before stocking up. They've been at that price for a couple of weeks.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
2493 posts
3446 upvotes
I bought one at 14.97 (can't remember where) and another at 9.97 (Brampton). It's decent enough if mixed thoroughly.
Sr. Member
Dec 10, 2012
514 posts
389 upvotes
Vancouver
Good price but not a great protein powder if that matters to you.
Whey protein concentrate is the main protein source here vs isolate. Also has soy as part of the protein blend along with sucralose and glucose syrup. I'd stay away...
[OP]
Member
Nov 27, 2011
453 posts
182 upvotes
NEPEAN
dinkeye wrote: Good price but not a great protein powder if that matters to you.
Whey protein concentrate is the main protein source here vs isolate. Also has soy as part of the protein blend along with sucralose and glucose syrup. I'd stay away...
I just checked the label and it has isolate as the first ingredient in the blend before concentrate and soy is not part of the protein blend but it does have soy lecithin in small amounts.
Newbie
User avatar
Feb 22, 2020
59 posts
58 upvotes
Bought it and I can say it's decent. Doesn't mix great but has a great taste but I wouldn't say it would satiate my sweet tooth. May buy another 5 just to have as I believe this is better than than my normal concentrate and the BB daye is 2023.
Sr. Member
Mar 20, 2016
517 posts
497 upvotes
Vancouver
Its this one: https://www.revolution-nutrition.com/pr ... n-dessert/
Ingredients:
Protein Blend (whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, hydrolyzed whey protein), Natural and artificial flavours, Flavour pearls (crisped cereals, cocoa mass, cocoa butter, soy lecithin, natural flavour, glucose syrup, modified starch, coconut powder), Natural colours, Carrageenan, Xanthan gum, Stevia, Sucralose.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2014
1081 posts
740 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
dinkeye wrote: Good price but not a great protein powder if that matters to you.
Whey protein concentrate is the main protein source here vs isolate. Also has soy as part of the protein blend along with sucralose and glucose syrup. I'd stay away...
Interesting it has soy. Revolution Nutrition has the only reasonably priced soy-free whey isolate I can find. Too bad this isn't too.
Member
Mar 4, 2006
376 posts
186 upvotes
Ottawa
panckage wrote: Interesting it has soy. Revolution Nutrition has the only reasonably priced soy-free whey isolate I can find. Too bad this isn't too.
Smoking deal!

Now you’ve made me go to Costco hell tomorrow!
Member
Mar 4, 2006
376 posts
186 upvotes
Ottawa
panckage wrote: Interesting it has soy. Revolution Nutrition has the only reasonably priced soy-free whey isolate I can find. Too bad this isn't too.
Smoking deal!

Now you’ve made me go to Costco hell tomorrow!
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2165 posts
2278 upvotes
panckage wrote: Interesting it has soy. Revolution Nutrition has the only reasonably priced soy-free whey isolate I can find. Too bad this isn't too.
myprotein isolate is still king bang for buck.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
2342 posts
2471 upvotes
Surrey
I know this would never happen but I’d love to get Kaizen powder at even double this price.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
1008 posts
351 upvotes
$10 for a tub of protein, I don’t get the downvotes?? Yeah sure there are compromises but it’s $10!
Sr. Member
Mar 30, 2008
817 posts
334 upvotes
Vancouver
They had a huge stack at costco surrey, BC today @ $6.97.
Bought 6. They sell for $30 on Amazon.
The stuff is delicious and expiry date is over 2 years. I honestly wonder how they make it taste so good.
Load up
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
2410 posts
1653 upvotes
jlo mein wrote: Is this a regional/location type deal? Seems pretty warm/hot. In the past Costco has put on sale MP Combat 2.72kg (6lbs) for $34.99 and Kaizen Naturals 100% Whey Isolate 2kg for $34.99.

So this would be $29.91 for 5.1lbs / 2.3kg. Says it's 130cal for 26g protein, 2g fat, 3g carb, 1g sugar.
cluless wrote: Spotted at Etobicoke Costco for $6.97 now.
madmox wrote: They had a huge stack at costco surrey, BC today @ $6.97.
Bought 6. They sell for $30 on Amazon.
The stuff is delicious and expiry date is over 2 years. I honestly wonder how they make it taste so good.
Load up
Is the Muscle Pharm one still available at the stores?

Top